• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Re: Wycc 2012 - Rd. 10

Originally posted by Marcus Wilker View Post
    Good luck to all!

Is it Harmony's 7th birthday, today?
    Indeed it is, Marcus. She's no longer a six-year-old! No longer will anyone at the ACC have to say that they just lost to a six-year-old (:

Comment

Re : Wycc 2012

And Harmony gave herself the perfect birthday present (according to the unofficial results), now batting a perfect one thousand as a 7-year-old. That makes her 7.5/10 (+7 -2 =1).

Richard Wang won earlier to also reach 7.5/10 while Qiyu Zhou could not quite complete the hat trick (remaining at 6.5).
      Last edited by Jack Maguire; Saturday, 17th November, 2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Harmony is in a 5-way tie for 3rd heading into tomorrow's final round but will likely have to face the gold medal winner, Iran's Motahare Asadi, who has 9.5/10 and can not be caught. Motahare also won the Asian Youth Chess Championship in July, and like most of the top performing girls here, turns 9 early in the new year.

Harmony would certainly be one of the WYCC 2013 U8 Girls tournament favourites next year but it is still my contention that her chess future would be better served by competing in the 2013 U8 Open.

Comment

Both Harmony and Richard still have a mathematical shot for 2nd. Harmony will be on top board (as I predicted) and Richard on the #2 board.

Comment

Re: Wycc 2012

In the final round...

Harmony lost to finish with 7½/11, and a tie for 8th.
            Richard won, to finish with 8½/11 and a tie for 3rd.
            Last edited by John Coleman; Sunday, 18th November, 2012, 12:25 PM. Reason: update results

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
              In the final round...

Harmony lost to finish with 7½/11, and a tie for 8th.
              Richard won, to finish with 8½/11 and a tie for 3rd.
              I wonder if there is any official word on Richard taking bronze. Chess-results shows him in 3rd place !

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
                I wonder if there is any official word on Richard taking bronze. Chess-results shows him in 3rd place !
                I saw something which puts him third on tie breaks. He should get the medal. Nice placing!

http://www.chess-results.com/tnr8466...db=CAN&flag=30
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Congratulations Richard Wang! - and also IM elect Kayden Troff is an awesome force! - he's come along way in the last two years, I saw his games at the SPICE Open - very impressive.

Comment

A good result for Harmony. In the last round 4 girls at 8 leap frogged over her and she also beat the bronze medal winner from Hungary.

Comment

from facebook

Well done

Comment

Kevin weighs in with his take on things.

Comment

Congratulations again Richard! That picture above is a keeper, what it looks like is you wrapped in the Canadian flag with Garry Kasparov's arm around you:) It doesnt get better than that (for a picture). If I was 40 years younger I'd be jealous.

Comment

Working...
                          X