Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re : Re: 2013 North American Youth Championship

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
    In my mind, the CFC cannot always guarantee that there will be three events prior to the next CYCC. This may be the case for the 2012 CYCC.
    Hi Fred,

For an entry fee of $225-$250 it suppose to be a guarantee, don't you thin so?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post
      Hi Michael,

Is CFC going to cover for the 3rd place 2012 CYCC qualifiers?

Andrei
      Hi Andrei,

What do you mean?

Comment

Re: 2013 North American Youth Championship

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
        Now that FIDE. has sorted out the WYCC, the CMA will be moving ahead with the organization of the NAYCC in Toronto from Aug 15-18. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary in TO this year! Thanks to Hal Bond and the CFC for giving us this mandate. CMA Toronto Director Francis Rodrigues will be responsible for this event. Details to follow.

The USCF has put the event on their website (over 50% of those registered at this point are from the U.S.):

http://www.uschess.org/content/view/12196/709

A tournament you will not want to miss :)

Larry

Comment

I have raised this issue with Patrick and Hal (waiting for an answer). In my mind, the CFC cannot always guarantee that there will be three events prior to the next CYCC. This may be the case for the 2012 CYCC.

I would assume the winner of the CYCC 2013 will have the choice of which subsequent 2013 event to go to. I see there is a Pan-Am Youth event later in July in Brazil - but I'm not sure if this is the "official" event or not.
          This matter is still be worked on. I would think it will be settled in the next 24 hours.

Comment

This matter is still be worked on. I would think it will be settled in the next 24 hours.
            Canada is entitled to have an OFFICIAL representative in each group at the event (12 in total). I believe this entitlement includes entry fee, accommodations, and meals.

It has been determined eligibility for the 2013 NAYCC will come from the 2012 CYCC. We are trying to contact the medalists from that event to determine who is interested in these spots. Anyone reading this and from the qualifying group from last year should contact the CFC office and copy Patrick McDonald. We are presently working on determining which players in each qualifying group have priority.

Comment

Working...
            X