X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Inconsequential for whom, Lucas?
    You?
    ...Literally everyone? It's 0.00004% of the bill. If it were distributed among 200 million people, it'd be 17.5 cents per person. That is inconsequential.

It is my understanding that bills first must receive a majority of votes in the Democratic controlled house of reps, this bill is all Pelosi's doing ...complete with her seal of approval, ha!

https://kids-clerk.house.gov/grade-s....html?intID=17
    You may want to read your own link:

Before a bill can become a law, it must be approved by the U.S. House of Representatives, the U.S. Senate, and the President
    Republicans control the senate, and it was voted yes by a decisive margin. Also, a majority of Republicans in the house voted yes, so what you're saying doesn't even make sense to begin with. And the $25 million that you were complaining about was also requested by Republicans, so it makes even less sense.

Comment

Brutal term, I agree.

Haven't we progressed well past the 16th century? Moved forward, with much struggle & cost, to build upstanding countries of law & order? So for those who wish to become citizens must first follow those laws and order.

You're not suggesting lawlessness are you?
      There is lots of egregious lawlessness by indecent fellows in the USA (starting at the white house itself)...and some petty lawlessness should not come in the way of helping out otherwise decent, hard working fellow human beings in the country, using funds designated for helping out the most needy...

Comment

• For Garland Best.
        https://www.westernjournal.com/mn-se...ign=manualpost

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
          Re The Western Journal formerly known as Western Journalism - just sayin' :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Western_Journal

"Western Journalism previously stated it featured "conservative, libertarian, free market and pro-family writers and broadcasters"[8] and seeks to provide "God-honoring" content.[4] In practice, according to the New York Times, this philosophy, in which "tradition-minded patriots face ceaseless assault by anti-Christian bigots, diseased migrants and race hustlers concocting hate crimes," results in "a torrent of sensationalized, misleading, or entirely made-up stories, often aimed at Muslims and immigrants."[6] Because of negative rulings by fact-checking sites and user trust surveys, Western Journalism was blacklisted by Google and Apple News, and by 2017 its Facebook traffic declined to near zero.[6]

In a 2016 story on how fake news spreads on social media, The Intercept reported that: "Thanks to views sourced largely to referrals from Facebook, Brown's websites now outrank web traffic going to news outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and NPR, according to data compiled by Alexa".[9]

In February 2019, The Western Journal published an article which alleged "Climate Change ‘Heat Records’ Are a Huge Data Manipulation." Scientists criticized the article, saying it was deceptive and that it contradicted existing research. The Western Journal subsequently retracted the article."
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Re The Western Journal formerly known as Western Journalism - just sayin' :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Western_Journal

"Western Journalism previously stated it featured "conservative, libertarian, free market and pro-family writers and broadcasters"[8] and seeks to provide "God-honoring" content.[4] In practice, according to the New York Times, this philosophy, in which "tradition-minded patriots face ceaseless assault by anti-Christian bigots, diseased migrants and race hustlers concocting hate crimes," results in "a torrent of sensationalized, misleading, or entirely made-up stories, often aimed at Muslims and immigrants."[6] Because of negative rulings by fact-checking sites and user trust surveys, Western Journalism was blacklisted by Google and Apple News, and by 2017 its Facebook traffic declined to near zero.[6]

In a 2016 story on how fake news spreads on social media, The Intercept reported that: "Thanks to views sourced largely to referrals from Facebook, Brown's websites now outrank web traffic going to news outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and NPR, according to data compiled by Alexa".[9]

In February 2019, The Western Journal published an article which alleged "Climate Change ‘Heat Records’ Are a Huge Data Manipulation." Scientists criticized the article, saying it was deceptive and that it contradicted existing research. The Western Journal subsequently retracted the article."
            You seem to always comment on the source instead of the content. For me, a medical Dr recounting what he experienced is not to be ignored or dismissed out of hand.

Comment

You seem to always comment on the source instead of the content. For me, a medical Dr recounting what he experienced is not to be ignored or dismissed out of hand.
              LOL, I think it's a common human trait to "consider the source"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

...Literally everyone? It's 0.00004% of the bill. If it were distributed among 200 million people, it'd be 17.5 cents per person. That is inconsequential.
                At Trump's (and AOC's) $2,000.00 per person COVID relief payments ... that 35 million wasted on the study of fish would help out a very needy 17,500 people ... and that IS NOT inconsequential.

If 17,500 very needy people IS inconsequential to you ... WOW! ... you need help.

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

Republicans control the senate, and it was voted yes by a decisive margin.
                The Senate was wrong (again) to trust in another omni bill passed by your Nancy Pelosi's house of reps. 5,000 pages long all to be read and analyzed just before xmas.

Fortunately, Trump saw this coming, having sworn he would never sign another Pelosi omni bill, and had his team comb through the 5,000 pages adding up all the WASTED money going in every direction under the sun ... except to the very needy people suffering from financial burden.

Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

LOL, yup. I read it on the internet, so it must be true! So yes Virginia, the world is flat.

https://www.tfes.org/

Always consider the source.

Comment

At Trump's (and AOC's) $2,000.00 per person COVID relief payments ... that 35 million wasted on the study of fish would help out a very needy 17,500 people ... and that IS NOT inconsequential.

If 17,500 very needy people IS inconsequential to you ... WOW! ... you need help.
                    It isn't the study of fish; I already provided a link showing that the majority of it is going to fight the invasion of an invasive species of fish that is destroying native species and harming local economies in Tennessee and Kentucky. With all your moral grandstanding, I guess you must be really mad at the Republicans who requested this for the budget. Or what about the ~$150 million Trump has wasted going golfing? That could help out a very needy 75,000 people. Or I guess you just don't care about them? While people are starving, Trump went golfing on Christmas Day. Think of all the people that could have been helped by the money he just spent. Wow! Really sad that you would support a guy who wastes money like that instead of helping out the starving and homeless! Sigh...

The Senate was wrong (again) to trust in another omni bill passed by your Nancy Pelosi's house of reps. 5,000 pages long all to be read and analyzed just before xmas.

Fortunately, Trump saw this coming, having sworn he would never sign another Pelosi omni bill, and had his team comb through the 5,000 pages adding up all the WASTED money going in every direction under the sun ... except to the very needy people suffering from financial burden.

Sigh.
                    It's actually mind-boggling how partisan you are. This was a bipartisan bill that was the results of months of negotiating. House Republicans, Senate Republicans, Trump's secretary of the treasury, etc, were all involved. Or do you think that Nancy Pelosi just wrote up this 5,000 bill and then all the Republicans agreed to it just because? If Trump cares so much, why didn't he get involved in the negotiations instead of spending all his time golfing and whining on Twitter about how he lost the election? Because he doesn't actually give a fuck. Ha!

Comment

Or what about the ~$150 million Trump has wasted going golfing? That could help out a very needy 75,000 people. Or I guess you just don't care about them? While people are starving, Trump went golfing on Christmas Day.
                      Pathetic attempt to pivot from Pelosi's wasted 10's of millions of dollars in her COVID Relief Bill. Pathetic ... but understandable, Lucas.
                      17,500 needy people to many for you to stomach?

Even more pathetic is her revised COVID Relief Bill. All she has to do is eliminate the waste ... bump up the relief payments from her measly $600.00 to $2,000.00 per American (not illegal aliens) ... and she would have made a historic bipartisan bill ... with full blessing of AOC & her Dem gang.

But, nope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Strange the end of the world did not happen in the State of Georgia with a permanent rescission of lock-downs
                        and return to a normal life. Read all about it in this totally non partisan publication.

https://www.aier.org/article/hope-an...om-in-georgia/

Comment

Pathetic attempt to pivot from Pelosi's wasted 10's of millions of dollars in her COVID Relief Bill. Pathetic ... but understandable, Lucas.
                          17,500 needy people to many for you to stomach?

Even more pathetic is her revised COVID Relief Bill. All she has to do is eliminate the waste ... bump up the relief payments from her measly $600.00 to $2,000.00 per American (not illegal aliens) ... and she would have made a historic bipartisan bill ... with full blessing of AOC & her Dem gang.

But, nope.
                          You seem to be having trouble reading, since I've said multiple times now that the money you keep complaining about was requested by Republicans.

You also didn't answer. If you're so mad about Republicans wanting to spend $25 million on something that you're obsessively blaming Pelosi for it, then why aren't you complaining about Trump spending so much money going golfing? Do you just not care about all those starving people? 75,000 people, Neil. You just don't care about them? Sigh... Typical...

Comment

Strange the end of the world did not happen in the State of Georgia with a permanent rescission of lock-downs
                            and return to a normal life. Read all about it in this totally non partisan publication.

https://www.aier.org/article/hope-an...om-in-georgia/
                            Sid, you and the person/organization you've linked are welcome to your opinions but "totally non-partisan" is a considerable stretch.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amer...nomic_Research

"AIER statements and publications portray the risks of climate change as minor and manageable,[8] with titles such as "What Greta Thunberg Forgets About Climate Change", "The Real Reason Nobody Takes Environmental Activists Seriously" and "Brazilians Should Keep Slashing Their Rainforest"."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff...20entrepreneur.
                            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

You seem to be having trouble reading, since I've said multiple times now that the money you keep complaining about was requested by Republicans.

You also didn't answer. If you're so mad about Republicans wanting to spend $25 million on something that you're obsessively blaming Pelosi for it, then why aren't you complaining about Trump spending so much money going golfing? Do you just not care about all those starving people? 75,000 people, Neil. You just don't care about them? Sigh... Typical...
                              I see two possibilities:
                              1. Frarey is a troll who enjoys playing the role of dumbass in order to irritate people.
                              2. Frarey really is a dumbass.

Comment

I think most people still use their "common sense" to judge the value of stuff posted on the internet, and ignore the nonsense. My lengthy list includes Fox News, Conrad Black, the Express which is obsessed with the royal family, and people like you who continue to quote dodgy sources to justify your opinions. The problem with social media is that it accepts info from everywhere on the lunacy spectrum, and the only weapon I have is my common sense that hopefully tells me to press "delete" to keep me at the right end of that spectrum. Of course you could just be an ordinary troll.....if so, give it up, you've lost all entertainment value!
                                Fred Harvey

Comment

Working...
                                X