Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If ET's feel forced to intervene, I think that would qualify as a "Miracle".

Bob A

Comment

• Anthropogenic Positive Climate Change (APCC)

Carbon Removal from the Air

Natural Method - Trees

The Americas - Province of British Columbia, Canada

Note: Though a good strategy, this only deals with a small part of the major problem.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022FOR0028-000661

~ Bob A (T_S/P)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
        The concern about climate change has been on the back burner for an eternity now.

This is definitely THE problem.

It is going to be too late when the majority of the world starts suffering the full effects and then decides to put the issue on the front burner.

Even the UN pane, who do not want to destroy hope, said carbon emissions must be capped within THREE years! (2025).

Ladies and gentleman.........we have a "situation"!

~ Bob A (T-s/P)
        https://www.bbc.com/news/av/science-...nment-61265222

Comment

• Hi Dilip:

Thank you for the link. I have re-posted it to my Fb account, The REAL News. Here is the URL for the full BBC Article: https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-61218933.

I have seen articles that state that the mental health/depression problems among young adults has skyrocketed due to:

a. the pandemic isolation
          b. despair about the future due to climate change.

https://www.bath.ac.uk/announcements...ple-new-study/

We do have to build up existing services to deal with this dramatic increase.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
          Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Sunday, 1st May, 2022, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• Good morning Bob, I just watched a documentary on Netflix called Youth V Gov following a court case in the US where 21 young people suing the government over climate change. I think. we can all guess how that turned out, but it has spawned new cases in 25 countries including Canada.

Give it a watch please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae3d..._channel=MSNBC
            Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Monday, 2nd May, 2022, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Thanks Bob G - my wife has Netflix.......I'll look for it.

I'm afraid citizen legal action is not going to upend the current situation, though it may accomplish some things.

The only solution, as far as I can see, Is a revolution at the ballot box. The Green Party is probably best poised to offer a radical climate change program, although perhaps new parties, driven by youth, may arise.

Current world governments, beholden to the capitalist system, will never be allowed to do what is necessary........it would affect the oligarchs' bottom line too dramatically.

Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• CT Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change Thread

Week # 18 (22/4/27 – 22/5/3)

Weekly Stats:

....................................................2022 Average............................................................... 2022 Average

.............................Last Week's.....Views/Day.......................................Last Week's.........Responses/Day.

Views/Day...........Views/Day.......(To Date)........Responses/Day......Responses/Day........ (To Date)

...28............................29.......................60.......................2.....................................1 ...........................3

Stats Analysis

The the activity in the thread has stayed steady this last week, though lower than the 2022 Average so far..

This is understandable since there were many more posts per week in the beginning than now, as everyone had their say. I have now settled into trying to make 5-6 climate change posts per week, to keep everyone up on the latest information.

I would encourage other chesstalk'ers to post here, as well, climate change items of interest they come across, to share the newest information.

The Pressing Climate Change Issue

The core issue, IMHO, IS how to get society to perceive the issue as URGENT, as it is.

What action is needed from climate activists to “AWAKEN” the public that this issue cannot just continuously be kicked down the road? Nature's Tipping point is estimated to be, on current trajectory, only 9 years away (Around Jan. 1, 2031).

The last report of the UN Climate Change Panel clearly stated that the window of opportunity to save ourselves is fast closing. Capping the temperature rise at only 1.5 degrees Celsius is now impossible. It noted that current government deadlines were totally insufficient to solve the problem. CO 2 must be capped by 2025! And for the first time, CO 2 removal has now become a necessary part of the solution.

Time is fast running out!

The Large Picture Solutions

Can we come up with at least one or two viable suggestions of impressive, radical things that might wake up the public, that we could then put out there to other concerned client activists?

CT'ers' Local Actions on Climate Change

You can do something! When you like one of this thread's links on an aspect of climate change, spread the news by posting it to your social media accounts and other Websites/Discussion Boards you participate in!

~ Bob (T-S/P)

Comment

• One Climate Change Consequence

Weather Extremes

Unlivable Heat

Too Hot to Handle: How Climate Change May Make Some Places Too Hot to Live

https://climate.nasa.gov/ask-nasa-cl...BHBscvG3MR83r4

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Global Warming - We're losing badly!

Team of 11 different forecast centers (Prediction for the World Meteorological Organization late Monday, 22/5/9) -

There is an almost 50% chance that we will fail to reach our global warming target of keeping the Earth's yearly average temperature rise below 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.7 degrees Fahrenheit).

The global temperature will reach a yearly average of 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.7 degrees Fahrenheit) above pre-industrial levels of the late 1800s at least once between now and 2026! That is within 4 years, at best!!

This is a very bright red warning signal in climate change negotiations and science.

https://apnews.com/article/climate-s...%20Subscribers

~ Bob A (T-s/P)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                      Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Global Warming - We're losing badly!

Team of 11 different forecast centers (Prediction for the World Meteorological Organization late Monday, 22/5/9) -

There is an almost 50% chance that we will fail to reach our global warming target of keeping the Earth's yearly average temperature rise below 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.7 degrees Fahrenheit).

The global temperature will reach a yearly average of 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.7 degrees Fahrenheit) above pre-industrial levels of the late 1800s at least once between now and 2026! That is within 4 years, at best!!

This is a very bright red warning signal in climate change negotiations and science.

https://apnews.com/article/climate-s...%20Subscribers

~ Bob A (T-s/P)
                      Morning Bob, I read your post and wondered if it was good news. Only a 50% chance of surpassing 1.5? but of course it is actually bad news because it is much sooner than expected.

"Geneva, 9 May 2022 (WMO) - There is a 50:50 chance of the annual average global temperature temporarily reaching 1.5 °C above the pre-industrial level for at least one of the next five years – and the likelihood is increasing with time, according to a new climate update issued by the World Meteorological Organization"

and of course it will continue upwards and upwards.....2 degrees, 3 degrees, ........

I was reading about drought in California, and hoping it would envelope more red states so it becomes a political issue this year.
                      But with all the political issues in the USA, they have now added Abortion thus pushing climate change further down the agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

I was reading about drought in California, and hoping it would envelope more red states
                        OMG! Are you wishing bad things happen to fellow human beings? Did you not say in another post: The truth is both groups are made up of people, some good some bad, "the good, bad, and the ugly".???

Comment

• It is not so much that people are "bad", though human nature is divided between the "light" side, and the "dark" side.

It is the human systems where good and evil are in a Mexican standoff. It is likely because power corrupts, and power attracts corrupt people.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

OMG! Are you wishing bad things happen to fellow human beings? Did you not say in another post: The truth is both groups are made up of people, some good some bad, "the good, bad, and the ugly".???
                            Bad things are happening, global warming is real. People are now dying from the effects of climate change, drought, heat waves, hurricanes, etc. etc. It will get much worse as time progresses, a global effort will be needed for civilization to survive. Most of the world is on board and ready to do their part, but a few key groups are holding back the efforts. One of those groups is the far right Republican party / Trump Cult, who control the red states. If by some miracle Mother Nature could focus the harmful effects of climate change onto these areas and convince them to wake up and accept that global warming is real, then maybe we can still save life on Earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                              If by some miracle Mother Nature could focus the harmful effects of climate change onto these areas and convince them to wake up and accept that global warming is real, then maybe we can still save life on Earth.
                              Instant Karma. This sort of miracle is surely needed, and not only with respect to the environment. We need a world wherein if we try to punch someone in the nose then our fist will only hit ourselves in the face. Soon bullets and bombs will go around their targets and hit the person who shot them. There is no other way for Nature to stop us from hurting each other. We are too stupid, corrupt and essentially evil to reform ourselves. So we will be reformed by force.

INSTANT KARMA! (Ultimate Mix) - Lennon/Ono with The Plastic Ono Band. Version 2. HD Remaster, 2021. - YouTube
                              Last edited by Brad Thomson; Wednesday, 11th May, 2022, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• I do not believe that there is intelligent manipulation of the multi-verse.

It is a series of random events - sometimes Karma; often not.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

Working...
                                X