• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Democracy  1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	235842

Dilip does NOT accept the will of the majority..........legal taxation on a progressive basis. Though passed by the majority, Dilip considers it ILLEGAL, somehow an illegitimate law.

He is looking for some solution to this problem, as he sees it, other than Libertarianism being successful at forming the government in Canada, as elected by the majority, or in coalition, becoming the government.

This certainly, in my mind at least, makes me fear, should it ever come to pass, Dilip being the Libertarianism's "Interpreter of the Natural Law".

Bob A
    There is no confusion anywhere about the interpretation of the simple, all-compassing, wonderful Natural Law. And STEALING from anyone, even if the Majority deems it legal, has to be wrong... because it harms not only the ones from whom stuff is stolen, but eventually everyone in the society, bringing about downfall of the society, as has happened to all Marxist systems, whether democratic or not. How brain-washed are you not to understand these simple notions!

Comment

New political party launched in Canada today -- Canada Future Party. Aims to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

U.S. race: making predictions now is foolish, in my view. So much can happen to change the est. 15 per cent of undecided voters. Trump is due to be sentenced in about four weeks -- if he is sentenced to jail, that could change a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
        New political party launched in Canada today -- Canada Future Party. Aims to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

U.S. race: making predictions now is foolish, in my view. So much can happen to change the est. 15 per cent of undecided voters. Trump is due to be sentenced in about four weeks -- if he is sentenced to jail, that could change a lot.
        Frank, this Canada Future Party you describe sounds like Libertarianism (but not Dilip's version which throws in religious-like notion of Natural Law which no official Libertarian Party mentions). Do you have any notion of how this new party will differ from the official existing Libertarian parties?

Comment

Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

There is no confusion anywhere about the interpretation of the simple, all-compassing, wonderful Natural Law. And STEALING from anyone, even if the Majority deems it legal, has to be wrong... because it harms not only the ones from whom stuff is stolen, but eventually everyone in the society, bringing about downfall of the society, as has happened to all Marxist systems, whether democratic or not. How brain-washed are you not to understand these simple notions!
          Not going to debate Natural Law since it is your personal crap and no official political party speaks of it. But this notion of "stealing".... the economy of USA has had "stealing" via taxation for many decades, and it still goes strong. It certainly is possible that it could all collapse due to ballooning debt, but do you have a prediction when that will happen? There is no sign of any such collapse on the horizon. Despite the taxation that exists, the rich continue to get richer.

Comment

Individual and corporate tax are both low, and have many unjustified exemptions.

Expecting a Capitalist government of any stripe to take substantial action to make the system more communal and equitable is.........dreaming in technicolour.

And the new Canada Future Party describes itself, as I understand it, as socially progressive, but fiscally conservative...........sounds to me we had that for many years in the Province of Ontario government.....the "old" Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario of Premier Bill Davis.

Unfortunately this provincial party "evolved" and we got Mike Harris and now our Dougie - the provincial equivalent of the current Federal Conservative Party under future PM, Pierre Polievre.

Be Afraid!

Bob A

Comment

Individual and corporate tax are both low

Bob A
              And that is why USA (and to some extent Canada) are yet away from a Marxism bust.
              The problem nevertheless is that because of the way Capitalism is practiced in North America, crooks with huge capital, along with the even more crooked politicians, create systems/laws to prevent the common man from reaping legitimate benefits of smart and hard work, and that is what is against the Natural Law here...

Comment

Comment

I find Dilip's view of society disturbing - yes our human systems are often only 50% effective. But it is not all due to corruption..........there is also incompetence.......and there is our failure to anticipate some things in setting up our systems.

Politicians - Sorry, but I don't believe ALL politicians are corrupt.

Humans - Sorry, but I don't believe all humans are thieves, and non-smart, non-hardworking, and there are only a few smart, hard-working, investing, elite, who benefit society.

Bob A
                  Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Friday, 16th August, 2024, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

And that is why USA (and to some extent Canada) are yet away from a Marxism bust.
                    The problem nevertheless is that because of the way Capitalism is practiced in North America, crooks with huge capital, along with the even more crooked politicians, create systems/laws to prevent the common man from reaping legitimate benefits of smart and hard work, and that is what is against the Natural Law here...
                    So you say the common man in USA cannot reap the rewards of smart and hard work. Microsoft was started by a college dropout, Facebook by a college student.

Comment

I find Dilip's view of society disturbing - yes our human systems are often only 50% effective. But it is not all due to corruption..........there is also incompetence.......and there is our failure to anticipate some things in setting up our systems.

Politicians - Sorry, but I don't believe ALL politicians are corrupt.

Humans - Sorry, but I don't believe all humans are thieves, and non-smart, non-hardworking, and there are only a few smart, hard-working, investing, elite, who benefit society.

Bob A
                      Bob, do not put words in my mouth... I never said all politicians are corrupt (though everybody agrees that almost all are :-) )
                      and neither did I say all humans are thieves and non-smart, non-hard-working (though Marxism increases their numbers tremendously...)
                      Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Saturday, 17th August, 2024, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Comment

I thought I would add a general observation to this thread. All the recent US Presidents have had very short last names, from 4 to 7 characters long. Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon. Even the recent runners-up have had short names .. Trump, Clinton, Romney, McCain, Kerry, Gore, Dole, that's as far back as I know.

I guess Santoris was doomed with his 8-character, 3-syllable last name .....

Comment

Death Blow To Kamala Harris Campaign, Proposes food Price Controls to combat inflation. That approach did not work well anywhere it was tried
                            including Russia (Soviet Union) or any of the Communist block countries, Venezuela, etc Result long line ups empty shelves!

"Kamunism!! "
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-17 at 5.49.58 PM.png
Views:	51
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	235950

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                              Harris campaign continues to steamroll forward and Trump continues to collapse, but a lot could happen between now and November. Very difficult to gauge the speed of change and there is always a lag between the polls and what if the election were today.

I will summarize my updated prediction as such:

Democrats safe and likely votes 270, add Nevada 6, total 276. My last if election were held today prediction, Harris 276, Trump 262.
                              The balance of the battleground states are very close to joining Harris column, but hard to say exactly when.
                              But I believe they will all shortly be there, if trends continue.
                              So: add Arizona 11, Georgia 16, North Carolina 16, 43 +276 = 319 - most likely Harris total in election.

If predictions of a landslide are realized, add Florida 30, Texas 40, Maine 1 district, 319 +71 = 390
                              Will any of the hard core Red states join the landslide?? Probably not.

So most likely prediction as of today - Harris 319 Trump 219.

It's a week later, and my prediction for election day remains as Harris 319, Trump 219.

But that includes Harris winning Pennsylvania 19, Georgia 16, Nevada 6. Total 41.
                              Trump is still leading in Georgia & Nevada, and Pennsylvania is tied.

So if election were held today, Harris gets between 278 and 297.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

It's a week later, and my prediction for election day remains as Harris 319, Trump 219.

But that includes Harris winning Pennsylvania 19, Georgia 16, Nevada 6. Total 41.
                                Trump is still leading in Georgia & Nevada, and Pennsylvania is tied.

So if election were held today, Harris gets between 278 and 297.

You are so pessimistic about the future of USA!

Comment

Working...
                                X