Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A protest to Nigel Haranham

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
    If KI goes on the US and EU sanctions list, FIDE might use emergency measures to depose KI and appoint an interim President, likely GK?
    Seems unlikely to me, unless there is enough nations than not only support GK, but also feels strong enough against KI to deposit him. I believe that most federations that does support GK won't go that far. And should it happens, there is no garanties that GK would be chosen instead (a third person for the interim seems more likely). Note that I find it far more likely that GK get elected in the first place than ever see this scenario.

Also, even if KI successfully get added to the sanction lists, AFAIK that won't automatically adds the FIDE to the same list. Sure he would be forbiden from going in Canada and his personnal assets in Canada or controled by canadians companies would be frozen, but not the FIDE as he doesn't own it.

I am not sure of the consequences for the CFC, but I guess that there would still be a way to participate in FIDE events. It would all depends of the government interpretations of if giving money to the FIDE is considered giving money to someone on the sanction list. I suspect that all that the FIDE would have to do is to promise not to use any money received from canadians to pay for KI expenses.

In my opinion, it seems almost simpler to start a new world chess federation.

Simon Valiquette

Comment

Re: A protest to Nigel Hanrahan

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
      Nigel I find your "memoriam" to the tragic deaths of a journalist that recently were caught in gun fire in the Ukraine conflict and your subsequent comments that somehow attempt to link this to Kasparov's advocacy of a regime that supposedly condones murder as a pathetic and disingenuous attempt to discredit Gary as well as the Ukraine Government.

If you think this is anyway comparable to my post about two aides very close to KI that brutally stab to death a journalist who just happens to publish opposition literature to KI's regime you are very mistaken. I've read about protests during KI's regime from hungry mothers in Kalmykia unable to feed their children while millions were spent on chess palaces. However, some here choose to debate whether starvation was a reality in Kalmykia when they clearly have not even researched the evidence.

I suspect you are trying to compare my memoriam of the premeditated murder of Yudina to what appears to be a tragic casualty in a battle zone. Someone like you who can make a distinction between the two ( but choose not to in order to promote your political arguments) and other's here who refuse to recognize evil when they see it and try to make weak excuses and arguments without even thinking about or researching the facts (ie Starvation in Kalmykia under KI) truly disgust me.

Since you are a moderator on this board I no longer will be posting here.
      You make a mockery of all that is good and you are not worthy of being a moderator on this forum. Enough is enough.
      Ah, if only!

Comment

As much as I'd like to pile on, Sid isn't the only one who sometimes posts things here that might be embarrassing later on. Find someone else to poke, OK?
        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
          As much as I'd like to pile on, Sid isn't the only one who sometimes posts things here that might be embarrassing later on. Find someone else to poke, OK?
          In your dreams, I am actually very proud of what I posted here and i would love if this board found a moderator that does not get involved in the discussions that he cares about. i am still waiting for your answer about why you don't renounce your citizenship and move to Russia. That way you don't have to live in the west that in your eyes supports regimes that commit atrocities.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
            In your dreams, I am actually very proud of what I posted here and i would love if this board found a moderator that does not get involved in the discussions that he cares about. i am still waiting for your answer about why you don't renounce your citizenship and move to Russia. That way you don't have to live in the west that in your eyes supports regimes that commit atrocities.
            Can't wait for Nigel to claim that its actually US shut down the Malaysian Airline's plane!

Comment

So, poking is OK, just not at your friend, Sid? Is that what I read?

Sign me confused! :-)

Comment

No good deed ever goes unpunished.

lol. There's a saying that "No good deed ever goes unpunished." Thanks for proving the truth of that one, Sid.

Comment

Re: No good deed ever goes unpunished.

lol. There's a saying that "No good deed ever goes unpunished." Thanks for proving the truth of that one, Sid.
                  Your still here? I thought you were on your way to Russia
                  Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Thursday, 17th July, 2014, 11:07 PM.

Comment

feel free to ignore my advice

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
                    So, poking is OK, just not at your friend, Sid? Is that what I read?

Sign me confused! :-)
                    My remarks were just free advice which you can take or leave. I don't have to tell you why you shouldn't poke an angry bear or kick a hornet's nest for fun, do I? G'wan.

Comment

Re: feel free to ignore my advice

My remarks were just free advice which you can take or leave. I don't have to tell you why you shouldn't poke an angry bear or kick a hornet's nest for fun, do I? G'wan.
                      Actually, yes, good advice! What was I thinking?

Comment

Working...
                      X