Canada's Youngest Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada's Youngest Master

Nicholas Vettese 10 years old, 2246 after 4 stunning master performances in a row this Fall. His FIDE rating appears to be headed over 2100 as well.

2450 perf in Ottawa. Wow.

Bravo Nicholas!!

Re: Canada's Youngest Master

His result in Ottawa is really impressive!

He still need one more 2300+ performance to get his master title (he has two 2300+ performances in tournaments of more than five games so far).

Could he be Canada's youngest master ever if he achieves his last norm in the coming weeks (of which I have no doubt)?

Comment

Re : Canada's Youngest Master

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
      Nicholas Vettese 10 years old, 2246 after 4 stunning master performances in a row this Fall. His FIDE rating appears to be headed over 2100 as well.

2450 perf in Ottawa. Wow.

Bravo Nicholas!!
      In his first Saturday Rapid a few months ago, in the first round of play, he won a long and difficult game against IM David Cummings - but has not been able to repeat the feat in several encounters since - David is playing him much more carefully now!
      In other master encounters, Nicholas is not intimidated by titles nor by high ratings and goes all out for the win every time!
      Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Friday, 5th December, 2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Re : Canada's Youngest Master

I tried to find a pic of Nicholas to post here - I recall there was one posted on ChessTalk some time ago. Can anyone find it?
        I'm sure you all want to see what the li'l devil looks like :D.

Comment

Re: Re : Canada's Youngest Master

Congratulations Nicholas and Sandra!

A good picture is at the chess club site.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Canada's Youngest Master

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nicholas-Vettese.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	185795

Doesn't he look frightening?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
              I tried to find a pic of Nicholas to post here - I recall there was one posted on ChessTalk some time ago. Can anyone find it?
              There was a thread about him some months ago, and I posted one or two his pics. Though, no link now.
              At https://picasaweb.google.com/1143172...eat=directlink you will find him playing at Vlad's tournaments.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Canada's Youngest Master

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2481[/ATTACH]

Doesn't he look frightening?
                As I remember he had a tough tournament at Aurora in 2013 summer.
                (first published at https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink :) )

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
                  Bravo Nicholas!!
                  Seconded.
                  Great to see him advancing so fast.

Comment

One better pic.

http://annexchessclub.com/wp-content...ttese-TOCC.jpg

When i saw him first playing blitz at Annex last year he made a complex knight sac to end up in a better ending. When asked about him, others tell me " ah, he's just around 1600.. " And I was thinking to myself.. Not for long. And now he's putting 2400 performances..

Congrats!

Comment

Nicholas Vettese was the story of the Ottawa tournament last weekend. He drew a GM/the current Canadian champion. We can go on, but to be a 10 year old with a master rating of 2246 is just rare.

In Ottawa Nicholas Vettese plays 5 FIDE rated games at 90+30 sec 7:30 PM Friday and then 10 AM and 3PM Saturday and Sunday. The kid is all business. For me as a TD it is just a pleasure to have him at my events.

Comment

I recall there was one posted on ChessTalk some time ago..
                        Found it. http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...cholas+Vettese
                        It was called "Nicholas Vettese candidate for Canada's youngest chess master" LOL

Comment

Congratulations Nicholas and Sandra who brings him around to every important tournaments.

I guess we have to give credit to his coach as well. NM Sasha Kulich was the coach and IS he still the coach...congrats to him as well for brining up a prodigy ( this is a real stuff ). In recent years, we have many success stories in Canada from Jason Cao ( WYCC U-10 champion ) , Harmony Zhu ( WYCC U-8 champion ), Qiyu Zhou ( WYCC U-14 champion ), Razvan Preotu ( IM with 2 GM norms right now ) and now Nicholas Vettese ( our youngest Master ). Definitely serves as a great example and inspiration for others to follow.

Hope more great news to come in near future.....starting from U-16 Olympiad next week. Canada have 3 teams with our Team 1 as 6th seed.

Cheers to Canada Chess.....
                          Last edited by Gary Hua; Sunday, 7th December, 2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Nicely done! Fast improvement extremely impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hua View Post
                              Congratulations Nicholas and Sandra who brings him around to every important tournaments.

I guess we have to give credit to his coach as well. NM Sasha Kulich was the coach and IS he still the coach...congrats to him as well for brining up a prodigy ( this is a real stuff ) .[/B]
                              I believe the correct spelling may be Sasa Kulic.

http://chess.ca/players?check_rating...615&key=141207

Comment

Working...
                              X