Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump support for Bernie Sanders

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Yup........Sanders is now in a bit of a bind, having pilloried HRC since February.

Bob A
    Oh Bob, don't make me look up words like "pilloried"
    Sanders "in a bind"? no. He was always a long shot come from behind candidate. He's closing the gap, could win California, and change the minds of super delegates. Sure, the math is still on her side, a long steep climb up for Bernie, but he is not mathematically eliminated. When she makes that claim, well, she is doing everything possible to lose it.

Comment

• HRC vs Trump

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
      Tom, you are hilarious.
      In the categories of pathological liar and warmonger, none larger that Trump.
      He has a HUGE lead in the lying department.
      Warmonger, he could start a war with anybody.
      Trump is a loud mouth real estate businessman with zero experience in Foreign Policy. HRC has a track record of creating a failed state in Libya, now a nursery for jihadists and terrorists, and gloating over the gruesome death of a Head of State. Her own supporters describe the "withdrawal" of US troops from Afghanistan and Iraq as her greatest FP success. But both of those countries are now disasters/failed states. She also has the support, unusual for a Democrat candidate, of pro-war neo-cons like Robert Kagan. She is most certainly the war candidate and has the experience to prove it.
      Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
        Oh Bob, don't make me look up words like "pilloried"
        Hi Bob G:

I'll take a shot at an easier one.....sesquicentennial??

Bob A

Comment

• Re: HRC vs Trump

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
          Trump is a loud mouth real estate businessman with zero experience in Foreign Policy. HRC has a track record of creating a failed state in Libya, now a nursery for jihadists and terrorists, and gloating over the gruesome death of a Head of State. Her own supporters describe the "withdrawal" of US troops from Afghanistan and Iraq as her greatest FP success. But both of those countries are now disasters/failed states. She also has the support, unusual for a Democrat candidate, of pro-war neo-cons like Robert Kagan. She is most certainly the war candidate and has the experience to prove it.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlz3-OzcExI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NllVMlu0g1Y

How people can believe that Trump is the more dangerous individual is amazing to me. Sure, he's a clown. Sure, he has no political experience. But HRC has proven repeatedly that she is dangerous. Not only in the Middle East:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...honduras-coup/
          Last edited by Tom O'Donnell; Sunday, 29th May, 2016, 10:42 AM.
          "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            Hi Bob G:

I'll take a shot at an easier one.....sesquicentennial??

Bob A
            I know this one! 150 years.
            Okay, so I did google it to be sure

So, I looked up pilloried while I was at it.
            Pilloried - attack or ridicule publicly

Yup, it's called a political campaign. But I think Bernie has been quite fair in his attacks on Clinton. I think her campaign has done most of the damage by dismissing Sanders in an arrogant fashion.

Comment

Tom, what about the Libertarian hopeful, Gary Johnson?
              Would you vote for him over Trump?
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoBYA-lDYgA

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                I disagree. I think Trump's original idea was terrific. Trump and Sanders share some common ground. Foreign "entanglements" and trade to name two things.

Trump has the opportunity to look Presidential, even a bit deferential/agreeable to Sanders (and his supporters). He can paint himself as anti-establishment and therefore the logical choice for those Sanders supporters who want change. Finally, he looks generous in giving Sanders a chance to get his word out there to the nation. The ratings for such a debate would be YUUUUUGE. Raising a pile of money for say women's shelters wouldn't hurt Trump, either.
                *Nobody* knows what Trump would be like as President. He is currently saying whatever he thinks will win him votes, regardless of how many feet he has to put in his mouth to get his message across. If Hillary becomes President it will probably be much status-quo, probably a shift to the right in some areas. If Sanders becomes President you will see a shift to the left and probably some serious administration difficulties. If Trump becomes President you will see a shift to the left and a shift to the goofy, and all bets would be off the table.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
                  *Nobody* knows what Trump would be like as President. He is currently saying whatever he thinks will win him votes, regardless of how many feet he has to put in his mouth to get his message across. If Hillary becomes President it will probably be much status-quo, probably a shift to the right in some areas. If Sanders becomes President you will see a shift to the left and probably some serious administration difficulties. If Trump becomes President you will see a shift to the left and a shift to the goofy, and all bets would be off the table.

Steve
                  Wouldn't Trump, without a strong base of political support in the House and Senate, simply be ineffective as President? If the Republicans win majorities in both bodies maybe the congressmen (and women) and senators will run the show via caucus and leave Trump in the background and largely ignored. They could provide him with concrete, rebar, and forms and tell him to get his racist ass busy building that wall. :)

p.s. They could run it as a reality show - see how far the Donald could get that wall in four years!
                  Last edited by Peter McKillop; Sunday, 29th May, 2016, 10:03 PM. Reason: hi
                  "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                  "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                  "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                    They could provide him with concrete, rebar, and forms and tell him to get his racist ass busy building that wall. :)

p.s. They could run it as a reality show - see how far the Donald could get that wall in four years!
                    Rumour has it that Trump has convinced Gilmour and Waters to re-form. They will be playing a series of gigs in the southwestern states before playing at his inauguration.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
                      Rumour has it that Trump has convinced Gilmour and Waters to re-form. They will be playing a series of gigs in the southwestern states before playing at his inauguration.

Steve
                      Tickets are on sale now. The mini-tour will be called 'The Piper at the Gates of the Donald'. Let's see you trump that!
                      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Get them to sign on the line that is dotted!

Tickets are on sale now. The mini-tour will be called 'The Piper at the Gates of the Donald'. Let's see you trump that!
                        An interesting interview of LBJ's Ad Men suggests "going nuclear" on Trump to scare the voters, much as they were successful in scaring the voters about Barry Goldwater back in 1964.

LBJ's Ad Men on Beating Trump

Robert: What are the inherent advantages and disadvantages of running against a guy who has no experience, and has never held public office?

Lloyd: My opinion is that Trump is suffering from what I call “Attention-Seeking Deficit Disorder.” He doesn’t want to serve. He doesn’t want to be president; he wants the attention that accompanies the campaign. And now, I think he’s rather afraid that he might win. [Laughs] I don't think he knows what he’s going to do as president.
                        But this is interesting too.

Robert: Both of you came to respect Goldwater, right?

Lloyd: I did.

Sid: Yeah, yeah.

Lloyd: I admired his conduct in many ways. Of course, I disagreed with him very strongly on major issues.

Sid: Absolutely. He was authentic. He wasn’t a con artist. Don’t forget that Trump is a real-estate salesman — he’ll tell you anything that he wants in order to close the deal.
                        Donald Trump. The Glengarry Glen Ross candidate.
                        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

...and Trump wins again.

Comment

• Re: Get them to sign on the line that is dotted!

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                            An interesting interview of LBJ's Ad Men suggests "going nuclear" on Trump to scare the voters, much as they were successful in scaring the voters about Barry Goldwater back in 1964.

LBJ's Ad Men on Beating Trump

But this is interesting too.

Donald Trump. The Glengarry Glen Ross candidate.
                            Interesting. Thank you for that first link. I remember those days quite well. I was 13 in 1964 and, like a lot of kids my age, my interest in American politics was kick started the previous fall when Kennedy was assassinated. The fear of nuclear war was something tangible. Contractors were selling new homes with a bomb shelter option for the basements. I remember very clearly the concerns about Goldwater. Now it seems that those concerns were played upon and overblown by LBJ's (brilliant) campaign chiefs. But back then, at the height of the Cold War, my recollection is that a potential Goldwater presidency was cause for fear. A potential Trump presidency is not the same thing. Trump is a buffoon. He is the darling of people who feel let down by mainstream American politicians, right and left. But Trump has nothing serious to say. He simply caters to the lowest common denominator. Thanks again.

Comment

And speaking of mongering...

The Bern rockin' b ball with Danny Glover!

http://mashable.com/2016/05/30/berni...i#Bjl2azMqB8qX

...to little to late? Hollywood slow to react? We'll see!

The Donald vs The Bern ... keep the faith!

Comment

Concert will be held on the USA / Mexican border and there will be a 1-hour rendition of "Another Brick In the Wall". Yes, the big beautiful Trump Horizontal Tower that Mexico will be paying for.

And of course, the classics "Us and Them" and "Money" will also get extra play.
                                Only the rushing is heard...
                                Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Working...
                                X