CFC Ratings - Games between U2200 and O2200 players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Ratings - Games between U2200 and O2200 players.

Could someone please confirm how games between a player rated under 2200 and another over 2200 are rated? Is a K factor of 32 used for the former and 16 for the latter? Does it matter if the post-change rating for either player crosses 2200?

Re: CFC Ratings - Games between U2200 and O2200 players.

Good morning Tony.
    The K factor changes to 16 when a player crosses the boundary going up and reverts to 32 when crossing in the other direction.
    The CFC rating software and bonus formula have this built in.
    I get a lot of questions about what happens when a player crosses the boundary DURING a tournament. The system actually takes care of that as well by using two different K factors for points gained/lost on either side of the boundary.
    For further reading see chapter 4 of the CFC Handbook: http://chess.ca/handbook
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
      Good morning Tony.
      The K factor changes to 16 when a player crosses the boundary going up and reverts to 32 when crossing in the other direction.
      The CFC rating software and bonus formula have this built in.
      I get a lot of questions about what happens when a player crosses the boundary DURING a tournament. The system actually takes care of that as well by using two different K factors for points gained/lost on either side of the boundary.
      For further reading see chapter 4 of the CFC Handbook: http://chess.ca/handbook
      Good morning Paul,

Thanks for the response. I was wondering specifically about during a game. Say a 2190 wins against a 2210 and the rating change under K=32 is 17 points. Would the 2190 become a 2207 or a 2203.5?

Comment

Points gained once the boundary is crossed are reduced by half, therefore 2203.5
        I'm did not write the software myself but that is the way it is supposed to work.
        Paul Leblanc
        Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Working...
        X