Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US Elections

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
    From your postings, I'd say you would be in favor of such a social movement back to the 19th century. Although perhaps it's just Trump's economic ideas you support, so I'll not accuse you outright. It's also obvious that you already have an excuse in hand for Trump losing, just as Trump himself does. You practically parrot him word for word.
    These are, of course, extravagant conclusions that speak only to your nature, not to mine.

But to answer your implicit question, I am a Canadian, I am disgusted by both candidates, this is purely an American affair and we shall have to deal with whatever the Americans, in their wisdom, decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
      Well, what do you disagree with, and why? Do you disagree when I say it has been obvious all along that Trump will win in a landslide, or do you disagree when I say that there is a fix in for Hillary, or both? And why? Or do you that think this election has been and will continue to be completely fair?
      We disagree with you because we are observing the actual evidence. You on the other hand make up "facts" to suite your personal preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
        ... In my view, this is symptomatic of key underlying issues: a feeling of being oppressed even if you are living well, of there being a conspiracy against you simply because you aren't allowed to dominate over others who are visibly different from you (women and minorities).... in other words, racism and sexism. This is why Clinton said half of Trump's supporters can be placed in a "basket of deplorables". It is deplorable to have these attitudes. It is not what human beings should aspire to. ...
        The US (and Canada) are very racist, sexist and homophobic places ... compared to where, exactly?
        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
          The US (and Canada) are very racist, sexist and homophobic places ... compared to where, exactly?
          It doesn't need to be a relative comparison; it may just be a statement. There are clearly countries that are much worse and likely (a few) that are not as far along that spectrum. Mankind has a long way to go to evolve...
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
            We disagree with you because we are observing the actual evidence. You on the other hand make up "facts" to suite your personal preferences.
            I have no personal preferences whatsoever. I interpret available evidence and it seems to me that Trump would win a fair election in a landslide. But it is not being held fairly, and it may be stolen from him.

But again, I don't care who wins, it is none of my business.

Comment

I have no personal preferences whatsoever. I interpret available evidence and it seems to me that Trump would win a fair election in a landslide. But it is not being held fairly, and it may be stolen from him.

But again, I don't care who wins, it is none of my business.
              The only reason you might think that Trump would win in a landslide is if you both agree and like what he has to say.
              As far as we as Canadians may be affected it is probably better for us to have Hillary in the White House since mostly the American middle class will suffer from the rapacious Clintons whereas there's no telling what lunatic Trump could do that would harm Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
                .....there's no telling what lunatic Trump could do that would harm Canada.
                For example, in order to gain access to our oil, he might make a deal with Putin - Russia gets to annex Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania while the USA gets Alberta.

Comment

I am in awe at your ability to believe two contradictory things at the same time. But once again I see you that you cite not one bit of this supposed "evidence".

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
                    I am in awe at your ability to believe two contradictory things at the same time. But once again I see you that you cite not one bit of this supposed "evidence".
                    I would point out as evidence the clear and obvious media bias in favour of Clinton and against Trump. Even Canadian media is very biased against Trump. It is clear that the media has an agenda against Trump. They have been against him all along and they are still against him. Huge numbers of people are appearing at Trump rallies compared to Clinton rallies. At the grass roots level it is clear that there is a sort of Trump-mania taking place. The establishment media is trying to quash this.

Let me ask you this. What evidence do you have, and I mean credible evidence, that Hillary is wining this election legitimately? Nothing the media tells us is credible!

Comment

The only reason you might think that Trump would win in a landslide is if you both agree and like what he has to say.
                      What? What kind of logic is this? And I am the one being, what was it.... fatuous?

Vlad, you have really outdone yourself with this comment. Do you not think it is possible for a person to believe that someone would win a fair election and at the same time not like or agree with that someone? I thought Trudeau would win a fair election last time we held one, does this mean I must necessarily have voted for him?

Come on man, think before you type.

Comment

What? What kind of logic is this? And I am the one being, what was it.... fatuous?

Vlad, you have really outdone yourself with this comment. Do you not think it is possible for a person to believe that someone would win a fair election and at the same time not like or agree with that someone? I thought Trudeau would win a fair election last time we held one, does this mean I must necessarily have voted for him?

Come on man, think before you type.
                        And you should read before you answer. My comment was directed at your claim that Trump would win in a LANDSLIDE. That suggested to me that Trump's platform was much to your liking.
                        Now you change your statement from 'landslide' to 'win in a fair election'. There is a difference.

Comment

On ChessTalk, as everywhere, this election has been excellent for elucidating who the real dumbasses in our midst are.
                          everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

And you should read before you answer. My comment was directed at your claim that Trump would win in a LANDSLIDE. That suggested to me that Trump's platform was much to your liking.
                            Now you change your statement from 'landslide' to 'win in a fair election'. There is a difference.
                            Technically correct. But why assume that I like a man who I said is an arrogant, blowhard, redneck just because I think he would have won in a landslide had the election been fair? Seriously man, you and another accuse me of liking this guy just because I think he will win?

Get lives, please.

Comment

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP....
                              And a lead back toward my hand. Will the Knave of Trump score on the Cross Ruff or will he be over trumped by the queen?
                              Waking up drooling in time to see on my computer screen
                              The new President of the United States is.......

Comment

I would point out as evidence the clear and obvious media bias in favour of Clinton and against Trump. Even Canadian media is very biased against Trump. It is clear that the media has an agenda against Trump. They have been against him all along and they are still against him. Huge numbers of people are appearing at Trump rallies compared to Clinton rallies. At the grass roots level it is clear that there is a sort of Trump-mania taking place. The establishment media is trying to quash this.

Let me ask you this. What evidence do you have, and I mean credible evidence, that Hillary is wining this election legitimately? Nothing the media tells us is credible!

He points out as evidence.... his belief that there is media bias against Trump. No actual facts, folks.

But even worse is what Ed pointed out, the contradictory nature of what Brad is saying.

He's saying that Trump would win because there are much bigger crowds at Trump rallies than at Clinton rallies. Then he says Trump WON'T win because the media bias will cause many more people to vote for Clinton.

Hello, Earth Calling! If media bias is going to make more people vote for Clinton, WHY IS MEDIA BIAS NOT CAUSING MANY MORE PEOPLE TO ATTEND CLINTON RALLIES THAN TRUMP RALLIES?

So let's get this straight... media bias doesn't have any effect on number of people attending rallies, Trump wins that count hands down.... but media bias will prevent all these Trump fanatics from actually going out tomorrow and voting for Trump.....

And we aren't even addressing the actual "media bias". I explained this and Brad just doesn't get it. If the media APPEARS biased against Trump, it is because the media is vigilant against racism, xenophobia and sexism and it is TRUMP ONLY who daily exhibits all 3 behaviors. But the media is also vigilant against corruption, and Hillary gets much more coverage on that despite Trump's business corruption.

We'll get a life when Brad gets a brain.
                                Only the rushing is heard...
                                Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Working...
                                X