COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    And yet there are many doctors who swear by the drug and report great outcomes for their patients. I don't believe anything printed in the New York Times if it has even a peripheral involvement with Trump. Actually, I don't believe much written in any paper without independent verification. They always leave out inconvenient facts. ...
    I like the NYT but I can understand why many people are skeptical about the paper's integrity. Here's a link to the FDA's announcement on hydroxy.../covid-19:

    https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...hloroquine-and

    Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    ... The problem with these drug combinations is they are out of patent and thus cheap. Pennies versus thousands of dollars per month. Of course they are going to be discredited with the same intellectual vigour that climate science underlying data is doctored. ...
    It wouldn't surprise me if this was true but do you have any credible info supporting your allegations?

    Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    ... the statins which I decline to take because of their brain fog effect which might make me dumb enough to vote for someone senile like Joe Biden. ...
    BUT!! Will not taking them make you smart enough to not vote for Trump? :)
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

    Comment


    • Vlad, I fully understand what you mean about big pharma, who have skillfully mesmerized clinicians and the public to hugely overuse 'still under patent' medications. The best way to deal with this is to have Universities do all the basic research for new drugs (actually they are doing most of the important portions of it even now, only to be stolen away by big pharma) and have clinicians do the clinical testing of these drugs. The manufacturing and selling (without patent rights, of course) can be left to the (thereby not so big) pharma... The end result will be that the prices of drugs will fall steeply, the overall use of drugs will be less without any reduction in the overall benefits, the quality of life of the patients will be better because of fewer side-effects as a result of fewer drugs, and the government and the public will save a fortune along the way...
      Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Monday, 15th June, 2020, 08:05 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        And yet there are many doctors who swear by the drug and report great outcomes for their patients. I don't believe anything printed in the New York Times if it has even a peripheral involvement with Trump. Actually, I don't believe much written in any paper without independent verification. They always leave out inconvenient facts.

        .
        Your first statement could be more of an indictment of bad doctors than an endorsement of out-of-patent drugs. Who are these many doctors? Perhaps they are members of the David Suzuki Foundation and have been convicted of money laundering? You should do your research on them, because they aren't agreeing with the vast MAJORITY of doctors and their very valid, factual studies that prove no benefit and higher risk of this drug that Trump wanted to work to make him look like a genius.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
          The problem with these drug combinations is they are out of patent and thus cheap. Pennies versus thousands of dollars per month. Of course they are going to be discredited with the same intellectual vigour that climate science underlying data is doctored. Orange man bad.
          Well, it seems that at least one of the studies linked to discrediting hydroxychloroquine has shown that another drug, dexamethasone, is effective. And dexamethasone is out of patent and is inexpensive. So there's that. See https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid...sone-1.5613706.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Garland Best View Post

            Well, it seems that at least one of the studies linked to discrediting hydroxychloroquine has shown that another drug, dexamethasone, is effective. And dexamethasone is out of patent and is inexpensive. So there's that. See https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid...sone-1.5613706.
            Thanks Garland, that's a wonderful report. It's bright that they concurrently tested multiple theoretical treatments. UK governmental health care and the Gates Foundation deserve a tip of the hat.

            Comment


            • 'UK governmental health care and the Gates Foundation deserve a tip of the hat.'

              Agree. The reason such a study was not done in North America is that we left it to big pharma to provide funding...why would they take the 'risk' of comparing good old dexamethasone to their fancy new agents?

              Comment


              • Just flaunting my new Boston Bruins face mask...

                http://graphicdeclaration.com/BB_facemask_1b.jpg

                ...:))))

                !!!

                And as for that 'figure' ... for some reason or another (...) I've been drawing legs and feet under most anything for decades ... yes, decades! My manager/agent finally found a way for me to get paid for this part of my graphic/illustration/creative 'style' ... ha!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Neil Frarey; Wednesday, 17th June, 2020, 12:30 AM.

                Comment


                • Maryland and Louisiana are the 8th and 9th states to reach 1% or more of population infected.

                  Comment


                  • Texas has reached the top 5 with more than 100,000 cases.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                      Maryland and Louisiana are the 8th and 9th states to reach 1% or more of population infected.
                      here's a challenging article (tangential from your post) from CBC ...

                      https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-infection-rate-1.5612858?ref=mobilerss&cmp=newsletter_CBC%20Ottawa_727_38129

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

                        Your first statement could be more of an indictment of bad doctors than an endorsement of out-of-patent drugs. Who are these many doctors? Perhaps they are members of the David Suzuki Foundation and have been convicted of money laundering? You should do your research on them, because they aren't agreeing with the vast MAJORITY of doctors and their very valid, factual studies that prove no benefit and higher risk of this drug that Trump wanted to work to make him look like a genius.
                        I am confident that the doctors reporting good results with hydroxychloroquine, zinc and the antibiotic are legitimate doctors. The studies which panned the drug usually had limitations in that they did not use the full treatment course that was shown to be effective or they tried to compare results from groups that were on the verge of death to a healthy group of asymptomatic carriers. Whether the drug is effective or not will be judged by history but it is interesting that everything is tainted by ideology these days.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post
                          Vlad, I fully understand what you mean about big pharma, who have skillfully mesmerized clinicians and the public to hugely overuse 'still under patent' medications. The best way to deal with this is to have Universities do all the basic research for new drugs (actually they are doing most of the important portions of it even now, only to be stolen away by big pharma) and have clinicians do the clinical testing of these drugs. The manufacturing and selling (without patent rights, of course) can be left to the (thereby not so big) pharma... The end result will be that the prices of drugs will fall steeply, the overall use of drugs will be less without any reduction in the overall benefits, the quality of life of the patients will be better because of fewer side-effects as a result of fewer drugs, and the government and the public will save a fortune along the way...
                          There is definitely a problem when effective and inexpensive drugs are always supplanted by expensive new drugs. Your suggestions seem sensible but I doubt politicians who profit from the lobbyists will do much to change anything.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

                            BUT!! Will not taking them make you smart enough to not vote for Trump? :)
                            I will not be voting for Trump unless the Democrats are in charge of absentee ballots in which case anything is possible. I am Canadian, living in Canada and should not have the opportunity to vote for Trump.

                            Comment


                            • Covid is passe. The new virus is WrongThink and the only cure is boot-licking and censorship.
                              " "Everything is a modality of new mysteries"

                              " - http://wisdomofchopra.com/

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

                                I am confident that the doctors reporting good results with hydroxychloroquine, zinc and the antibiotic are legitimate doctors. ..
                                What are your thoughts on Zelenko ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X