COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

    The entire thing is worth watching and I promise you could well be the best spent 2.5 hours you would ever use.
    Peter, I would recommend against that. I watched a video that Sid recommended and it turned out to be complete nonsense. Check out my 2 posts on Oct 18.
    Sid owes me 36 minutes which I wish i could reclaim.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

      Peter, I would recommend against that. I watched a video that Sid recommended and it turned out to be complete nonsense. Check out my 2 posts on Oct 18.
      Sid owes me 36 minutes which I wish i could reclaim.
      Thank you for assessment. We have 100000 doctors around the world that say otherwise. I owe you nothing.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post

        The most amazing part is the 91 yr old probably waited all night in line to get the vaccine.
        And in the rain and driving snow after walking five miles uphill to get there! :)
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

          Peter, I would recommend against that. I watched a video that Sid recommended and it turned out to be complete nonsense. Check out my 2 posts on Oct 18.
          Sid owes me 36 minutes which I wish i could reclaim.
          I appreciate the tip, Bob, but I feel I owe Sid the benefit of the doubt. He's provided links to a lot of very interesting, very informative stuff over the years - articles, etc., that have helped me round out and improve my worldview or which I've enjoyed just on their own merits. Speaking of which, two or three months ago Sid posted a link to an article by Norman Doidge. It's a long read, but a fascinating look at hydroxychloroquine's politicization in the midst of a pandemic. If you haven't read it yet, I recommend it. Here's the link:

          https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/s...-morality-tale
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

          Comment


          • US - 300,000+ deaths.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
              US - 300,000+ deaths.
              Within the world's total of COVID-19 deaths ... I wonder how many of the those souls played chess?

              ?

              Over the last little while I've been creating an homage, prolly not the correct word, to our fallen sisters & brothers.

              :)

              More on that coming real soon.




              .
              Last edited by Neil Frarey; Saturday, 12th December, 2020, 01:00 AM.

              Comment


              • Here's one of the final studies...

                chessplayershomage_v.1.gif

                ... :)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                  US - 300,000+ deaths.
                  Since the CDC no longer tracks flu stats choosing instead to classify them as COVID19 deaths why is this a relevant statistic?

                  "Apr 12, 2020 — But with anticipated decline in this season's flu activity and COVID-19 data inundating health agencies, the CDC will no longer issue weekly FluView reports, and instead has modified its existing influenza surveillance system to track COVID-19. The first weekly COVIDView report was updated Friday, and ..."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

                    Since the CDC no longer tracks flu stats choosing instead to classify them as COVID19 deaths why is this a relevant statistic?

                    "Apr 12, 2020 — But with anticipated decline in this season's flu activity and COVID-19 data inundating health agencies, the CDC will no longer issue weekly FluView reports, and instead has modified its existing influenza surveillance system to track COVID-19. The first weekly COVIDView report was updated Friday, and ..."

                    I don't believe the word "tracking" means "reclassifying".
                    And yes, I do believe that the pandemic is NOT over.
                    PLUS Excess Deaths that'll keep being re-calculated.
                    By the way, why the reference back to April (typo?!)
                    Finally, my heart says 300,000 lost souls is "relevant".

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

                      I don't believe the word "tracking" means "reclassifying".
                      And yes, I do believe that the pandemic is NOT over.
                      PLUS Excess Deaths that'll keep being re-calculated.
                      By the way, why the reference back to April (typo?!)
                      Finally, my heart says 300,000 lost souls is "relevant".
                      "Belief" has nothing to do with it. The video presentation gives all the links to the CDC data clearly showing reclassification of the data. April is when they stopped tracking flu stats. My heart also goes out to the people that died, That is why I am s strong proponent of early intervention of an easily treatable disease, in particular high risks groups such as the elderly and those with compromised immune systems,

                      The one thing we have learned in this pandemic is that these early interventions are equally as effective for the Flu virus as the COVID virus. The problem is these early treatments are repurposed off patent drugs or nutritional supplements that are not profitable enough for pharmaceutical companies. If your heart truly goes out for these people listen to the testimony of world renowned scientists and Dr's I have provided. They have saved millions of lives around the world instead of just mindlessly parroting statistics and sending out condolences.

                      Comment


                      • Canadian medical workers and seniors start getting the vaccine next week.

                        Australia, which had extreme lockdowns, has no new cases.

                        Conservative Alberta has finally lockdowned after explosion of cases. Many protest. Many businesses depend on the yearly Christmas shopping to make a profit.

                        I've been back to work for 12 weeks. We get temperature tested every morning and covid tested once (or twice) every week and out of 10,000s of tests only 3 people had Covid. Hiring a Covid team, clerks,door knob cleaners, medics and nurses is expensive, but it allows us to continue working with 400 people together on one site. Too bad, long term care homes didn't spend the money to increase testing of their employees from once every 2 weeks to twice a week.

                        Comment


                        • An interesting insight into superspreader event that went ballistic... ironically it was a Biotech conference...

                          science.slashdot.org/story/20/12/12/0041220/boston-biotech-conference-led-to-245000-covid-19-cases-across-us
                          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

                          Comment


                          • May 2020...

                            NBC Fact check: Coronavirus vaccine could come this year, Trump says. Experts say he needs a 'miracle' to be right.

                            https://twitter.com/BuckSexton/statu...10307145244676

                            Experts now say Trump is a miracle worker ... Merry Christmas!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                              May 2020...

                              NBC Fact check: Coronavirus vaccine could come this year, Trump says. Experts say he needs a 'miracle' to be right.

                              https://twitter.com/BuckSexton/statu...10307145244676

                              Experts now say Trump is a miracle worker ... Merry Christmas!
                              I am worried that a LOT of people (and especially a LOT of Americans) will start to believe that now the vaccine is here they are scott free to do whatever they want.
                              This is far, far from the case. In the near term (at least through all of February) case loads will rise - in many places due to idiots ignoring public health advice to avoid
                              Christmas/Hanukah/New Years gatherings outside one's household. The health care system will be crushed even while the vaccine roll out is taking place as quickly
                              as possible...

                              Unless the uptake on the vaccine is around 70%, the effectiveness of the vaccination program will be severely reduced. There are apparently a large number of people who
                              will refuse to take the vaccine - and I don't mean because they have compromised immune systems or they are pregnant or other valid reasons to avoid the shot(s).

                              If that is the case, combined with the moron factor I mentioned in the first paragraph (and the real possibility that even people who were reasonably prudent will start
                              treating life as 'back to normal') we will achieve very little gain from the miracle vaccine. Meanwhile Trump will be golfing in Mar-a-lago with the rest of the GOP cretins
                              who will treat him as a god to curry favour with him for 2024... and so it goes.

                              Happy Holidays.
                              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

                                I am worried that a LOT of people (and especially a LOT of Americans) will start to believe that now the vaccine is here they are scott free to do whatever they want.
                                This is far, far from the case. In the near term (at least through all of February) case loads will rise - in many places due to idiots ignoring public health advice to avoid
                                Christmas/Hanukah/New Years gatherings outside one's household. The health care system will be crushed even while the vaccine roll out is taking place as quickly
                                as possible...

                                Unless the uptake on the vaccine is around 70%, the effectiveness of the vaccination program will be severely reduced. There are apparently a large number of people who
                                will refuse to take the vaccine - and I don't mean because they have compromised immune systems or they are pregnant or other valid reasons to avoid the shot(s).

                                If that is the case, combined with the moron factor I mentioned in the first paragraph (and the real possibility that even people who were reasonably prudent will start
                                treating life as 'back to normal') we will achieve very little gain from the miracle vaccine. Meanwhile Trump will be golfing in Mar-a-lago with the rest of the GOP cretins
                                who will treat him as a god to curry favour with him for 2024... and so it goes.

                                Happy Holidays.
                                I agree ... except for that cretin comment and your misjudgment about 2024.

                                To bad Barely There Biden is scared of getting vaccinated, ha!

                                It'd be great optics for him to do so in a very public setting ... flanked by his Antifa family ... and his druggie bagman son. Set the tone for Americans to get vaccinated ... asap!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X