Can Biden win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
    Sid, suppose the following scenario: I drop by a chess tournament where a friend of mine is playing and I chat with him between rounds. You are also playing in the tournament and while my friend is chatting with me you come over to (briefly) join the conversation. We don't know each other so my friend introduces us. The next day I email my friend saying it was great to hang out with him and also that it was nice to meet with you. Does that email show that there's some sort of business relationship between us?

No.

If this is all that exists in the way of "smoking gun" emails, all I can say is that so far there's a lot more smoke than gun.

We have a laptop of questionable provenance, a report by a tabloid not exactly known for journalistic rigour, Trump's fingerprints (via Giuliani) all over it, and emails which hint at maybe there was something. Or maybe not.

If more develops from this (and I don't mean Tucker Carlson having conniptions) I'll pay it more attention.

Steve
    Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
    Does that email show that there's some sort of business relationship between us?

Agree with your scenario example, but, does not correspond with the situation here,The business relationship existed by Hunter Biden's own admission in interviews with ABC news a year ago. Sorry, but you are still presenting nonsensical arguments.

Interviewer-"If your last name wasn't Biden do you think you would of been asked to be on the board of Burisma?"
    Hunter Biden- "I don't know"

Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 31st October, 2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Sid, suppose the following scenario: I drop by a chess tournament where a friend of mine is playing and I chat with him between rounds. You are also playing in the tournament and while my friend is chatting with me you come over to (briefly) join the conversation. We don't know each other so my friend introduces us. The next day I email my friend saying it was great to hang out with him and also that it was nice to meet with you. Does that email show that there's some sort of business relationship between us?

No.

If this is all that exists in the way of "smoking gun" emails, all I can say is that so far there's a lot more smoke than gun.

We have a laptop of questionable provenance, a report by a tabloid not exactly known for journalistic rigour, Trump's fingerprints (via Giuliani) all over it, and emails which hint at maybe there was something. Or maybe not.

If more develops from this (and I don't mean Tucker Carlson having conniptions) I'll pay it more attention.

Steve
      It isn't just emails. It is texts, its whatsapp, its recordings, its videos, its travel, its pictures of Joe Biden with Hunter Biden's associates. Its recordings where the others say if you talk to the press you will bury us.

Take the red pill and see the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

Agree with your scenario example, but, does not correspond with the situation here,The business relationship existed by Hunter Biden's own admission in interviews with ABC news a year ago. Sorry, but you are still presenting nonsensical arguments.

Interviewer-"If your last name wasn't Biden do you think you would of been asked to be on the board of Burisma?"

Also interesting is the Hunter Biden text complaining about Joe taxing him at 50% on everything he earns.

If Joe wins he will be impeached and Kamala Harris will be president.

Comment

• Impeachment does not equate to removal from office. Trump was impeached, as was Clinton.
          Last edited by Sam Sharpe; Saturday, 31st October, 2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• I still haven't heard much about the "nightmare" scenario that could come out of this election:

Trump wins legitimately (although he probably loses popular vote), but the Senate turns decidedly Democratic (and the House remains controlled by Democrats).

It's a nightmare scenario because nothing will be able to get done for 4 entire years. Well, except for Trump's Executive Orders which would become more nefarious than ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post
              I still haven't heard much about the "nightmare" scenario that could come out of this election:

Trump wins legitimately (although he probably loses popular vote), but the Senate turns decidedly Democratic (and the House remains controlled by Democrats).

It's a nightmare scenario because nothing will be able to get done for 4 entire years. Well, except for Trump's Executive Orders which would become more nefarious than ever.

Mid-Term Elections could shorten that. Look at Obama's last 2 years, didn't he have the same problem? I can't recall for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

Also interesting is the Hunter Biden text complaining about Joe taxing him at 50% on everything he earns.

If Joe wins he will be impeached and Kamala Harris will be president.
                I doubt Barely There Biden can physically last more than 3 years ...he just seems frail.

Comment

• Do you think that he would be impeached if the DemocRats control the house?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken MacDonald View Post
                    Do you think that he would be impeached if the DemocRats control the house?
                    Depends on his business dealings ... pay-to-play ... and all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

I should not have referred to a business relationship. My point was that my sending an email to a person with whom I had a relationship, which mentions meeting with you, does not imply that there is any kind of relationship between the two of us, let alone *prove* that there was one.

I was aware of the fact that Biden junior had been on the board of Burisma.

It has been difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff on this stuff. People on this board have claimed that the laptop is confirmed to be Hunter Biden's. Yet even the Daily Caller uses words such as allegedly or reportedly. As I said, of what has been reported, so far there is more smoke than gun. Is it worthy of follow-up? Of course.

To add some chess relevance to this thread, Garry Kasparov has done another op-ed:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/opini...rov/index.html

Steve

Comment

• So I thought about what might happen if Trump wins another term..... and I summed it up in one image....

One_Consequence_of_Trump_Winning_Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post
                          So I thought about what might happen if Trump wins another term..... and I summed it up in one image....

One_Consequence_of_Trump_Winning_Again
                          Good thing I found this Trump reply...

https://societyofchessaficionados.co...testhedust.jpg

Comment

I should not have referred to a business relationship. My point was that my sending an email to a person with whom I had a relationship, which mentions meeting with you, does not imply that there is any kind of relationship between the two of us, let alone *prove* that there was one.

I was aware of the fact that Biden junior had been on the board of Burisma.

It has been difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff on this stuff. People on this board have claimed that the laptop is confirmed to be Hunter Biden's. Yet even the Daily Caller uses words such as allegedly or reportedly. As I said, of what has been reported, so far there is more smoke than gun. Is it worthy of follow-up? Of course.

To add some chess relevance to this thread, Garry Kasparov has done another op-ed:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/opini...rov/index.html

Steve
                            FBI and DOJ have confirmed that it is Hunter's laptop and they have it. There are videos of him smoking crack and having sex with prostitutes and much worse supposedly that he obviously filmed himself..

One flaw in this analysis by CNN and Kasparov is that Trump is going to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

FBI and DOJ have confirmed that it is Hunter's laptop and they have it. There are videos of him smoking crack and having sex with prostitutes and much worse supposedly that he obviously filmed himself..

One flaw in this analysis by CNN and Kasparov is that Trump is going to win.
                              Can you point me to a source that states that either the FBI or DOJ have confirmed that it is Hunter Biden's laptop? I am aware that the laptop is in the FBI's possession.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
                                Biden takes:

California 55
                                NY 29
                                Illinois 20
                                NJ 14
                                Virginia 13
                                Washington 12
                                Massachusetts 12
                                Arizona 11
                                Maryland 10
                                Wisconsin 10
                                Colorado 9
                                Connecticut 7
                                Oregon 7
                                Nevada 6
                                New-Mexico 5
                                Maine 3 (out of 4)
                                New-Hampshire 4
                                Rhode Island 4
                                Hawaii 4
                                Delaware 3
                                Washington DC 3
                                Vermont 3
                                Nebraska 1 (out of 5)

Total 245

We'll see!!
                                Any updates? Do you still predict Trump wins in Michigan, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania?

Comment

Working...
                                X