Can Biden win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

Ha-ha-ha! Bankrupting your companies 6 times (with other investors losing money), while all the time getting richer yourself (probably related to the bankruptcies), is just another example of corruption in the American Capitalist system....
    While I don't doubt for an instant that Trump and/or his corporations are corrupt, this is not new news. He still was elected president. To an extent his base just doesn't care. And there are lots of people who have declared bankruptcy or presided over companies that went bankrupt without doing anything illegal or unethical. So I don't think that in itself should be a bar to running for office.

Steve

Comment

• Agree. In 2016, he was probably the lesser of the two evils, when compared to the nauseatingly 'politically correct' Hillary...

Comment

• Dilip - I find it very hard to accept that Hillary, despite her flaws and baggage, could ever be worse than Trump is (And almost "was") ......Trump has set back both the nation and the world.......and it will take time to recover....Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Agree. In 2016, he was probably the lesser of the two evils, when compared to the nauseatingly 'politically correct' Hillary...
          Yet it was Hillary who warned America about who Trump really was. And it was his corporate bankrupticies that were a part of her warning, because if you recall, in the debates when the talk came around to Trump's corporate bankruptcies, when he was accused of using the bankruptcy laws to take advantage of and leave in the financial lurch all the subcontractors who had helped build his buildings, Trump's reply was "That makes me smart." He was absolutely callous about it. He really believed that he was in the right to take advantage of the bankruptcy laws to put out of business all the hard-working and honest bricklayers, mason workers, electricians, plumbers that had expected payment from him rather than have his own corporation take the punishment for his own bad judgements and decisions.

In the ensuing days, Hillary ripped Trump for that comment, and what she said was that Trump had just shown all of his what kind of human being he was, and no matter what else he said, we should "believe him the first time". That was the warning. It told us to expect that Trump would, if he became President, use his powers to enrich himself and make himself beneficiary ahead of the American people. Which is exactly what happened and what his presidential legacy will forever be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            Dilip - I find it very hard to accept that Hillary, despite her flaws and baggage, could ever be worse than Trump is (And almost "was") ......Trump has set back both the nation and the world.......and it will take time to recover....Just my 2 cents.
            Hindsight is 20-20.
            Trump had given hope to many American males who felt they had been victims of feminism, and to many American females who feared 'mob-rule by the elites' (however paradoxical that may sound, that is what the 'media & political correctness alliance' is), but he turned out to be more corrupt than the average politician and much more racist than the average republican....so good riddance, and I hope the court cases against him proceed to prosecution, and hefty fines...so that his followers finally realize who he really is....

Comment

Hindsight is 20-20.
              Trump had given hope to many American males who felt they had been victims of feminism, and to many American females who feared 'mob-rule by the elites' (however paradoxical that may sound, that is what the 'media & political correctness alliance' is), but he turned out to be more corrupt than the average politician and much more racist than the average republican....so good riddance, and I hope the court cases against him proceed to prosecution, and hefty fines...so that his followers finally realize who he really is....
              But some of us had foresite. It wasn't hard

Comment

• Excellent article:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-trump/617255/
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Hunter Biden Under Federal Investigation For Possible Tax Fraud

LOOL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post

Peter, I think you know that there are some very decent people in the Republican party in the U.S. ....

Steve
                    Finally came up with one - David Frum.
                    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Now this is funny!!!

https://nationalpost-com.cdn.ampproj...days-elsewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Finally came up with one - David Frum.
                        Agreed. David Frum is a voice of reason in general. I like how he frames things and it seems quite clear that he is able to actually do some critical thinking.
                        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• I can think of a nice residence in NYC for this lovely man. It is called Rikers Island. Google it.

Comment

• Trump's Move - White being.......moooo...ved!
                            https://twitter.com/PaulLeeTeeks/sta...02815464263681

Comment

• Originally posted by Francis Rodriguez View Post
                              Trump's Move - White being.......moooo...ved!
                              https://twitter.com/PaulLeeTeeks/sta...02815464263681
                              LOL - thanks, I hadn't seen this yet, too funny!!

Comment

• https://thehill.com/homenews/531485-...ty-money-after

what a shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X