Tata Steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The final tie break is going to be Wei Yi (who had a great day today and Gukesh, another young star. Gukesh, Alireza and Nordibek are the top young players today in my opinion. I'm really impressed with Abdusattorov, what a fighter he is.

Comment

• With four great wins by Abdusattarov, Giri, Gukesh and Wei Yi, no chance for Frioujza and Pragga to factor in the winners circle!

Comment

• What a finish to a great tournament, of course there are still the playoffs, but regardless.

Comment

• I thought the bar was set at the Isle of Man tournament last year for great performances but this tournament is even more exciting!

Comment

• What a final blitz game between Wei Yi and Gukesh, wow !! Incredible these player making all these great moves with no time. I'm amazed. Wei Yi is the winner of Tata on tie break, and maybe the new Chinese number one.

Comment

• There you have it folks Wei Yi turns around his tournament towards the end, finishes on fire and wins the playoffs to win Tata Steel! What a finish!

Comment

• At one point I though Maurizzi had the challengers wrapped up but Mendonca hung in there and kept in the race. A draw by Maurizzi and a key win by Mendonca in the last round and Mendonca wins the challengers! Congratulations to that young man Mendonca! This breakout performance will gain him a lot of recognition and further invites. Well done.

Comment

• Congratulations to Erwin L'Ami for holding Maurizzi to the draw and finishing 4th in the tournament. Another great result for him!

Comment

• Almost lost in all the excitement is the miniature game by Dardha over Vrolijk in the last round. This enables Dardha to tie for second in the challengers.

Comment

• Salem finishes his tournament with checkmate, the best way to finish.

Comment

• Korobov plays a stunning eight move combination for positional advantage, and then immediately plays another eight move combination to force resignation!

Comment

• I want to commend Ju Wenjun on her fine performance.

Comment

• I also want to commend Max Warmerdam on his fighting spirit and in most of his game excellent and creative preparation.

Comment

• https://www.chess.com/news/view/2024...chess-round-13

Comment

• https://en.chessbase.com/post/tata-steel-chess-2024-r13

Comment

Working...
                                X