The One and Only Climate Change thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The One and Only Climate Change thread...

Kool aid. Nice reference to the Jonestown suicides; I could do a search and find you using this "talking point" in numerous posts you have previously made. You really are a parrot...I question everything, you are the one who cannot think for yourself.

Watts up with that is a well known climate denier site. Scientific American was really pissed with them recently when they did an online survey on climate change...

http://climateprogress.org/2010/11/1...c-online-poll/

Even your tea party hacks quoted the results of this poll in the recent EPA hearings in the US.

Comment

I knew you couldn't do the math. 0% for you. Failure.

I like the following comment on the commented code:

Michael Alexis says:
      November 25, 2009 at 9:20 am
      Simplified code for CRU to use (from an average programmer with no climatology expertise):

For intYear = 1400 to 2009;
      floatGlobalMeanTemerature = floatGlobalMeanTemperature + WHATEVER_THE_HELL_YOU_WANT_IT_TO_BE;
      intYear++
      next

Print “Holy Crap! We’re all going to die!”

That pretty much sums up the reality of the models that you depend on for your erroneous conclusions. HTH.

Comment

Step 1 - Defeat Liberals in Ontario.
        Step 2 - Rescind all subsidies to Green Energy projects and pay the same market rates to all producers of electricity.
        Step 3 - Observe wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Comment

Your math consists of addition, subtraction, and perhaps even more complex things like multiplication and long division.

Mine consists of numerous university courses in physics and math, statistical analysis, advanced calculus, numerical simulation, etc. etc. Would you like to see my transcripts.

Who is Michael Alexis? A comedian I guess. I like your evidence. Here is mine (at the same level as yours, so it should make an impression on you).

Absolute proof of climate change...
          http://climateprogress.org/2010/02/1...n-ice-skating/

Comment

Step 1) Liberals cruise to victory in wide margin
            Step 2) Rescind all subsidies to fossil fuel industry; what do they need it for
            Step 3) observe wailing and gnashing of teeth

Comment

My takeaway is that Scientific American didn't get the result they wanted and are upset about the fact. HTH.

Comment

More conclusive proof of climate change...
                http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=2594

Comment

The crime was stonewalling FOI act requests and faking expense accounts. The original, unadjusted data was discarded. Without that data you can throw out all the research that is based on it. Can the taxpayers of the various countries get a refund, I wonder.

Comment

Your takeaway is incorrect. Do some web searching and you will find the server locations that people taking the polls used. Most voters went directly from the climate denier web site Watts up with that to the Scientific American poll. If you know anything about polls then that completely biases the results. A poll is useless without a proper sample, that is why polling companies exist.

What does HTH mean?

Comment

Climate deniers are well known for repeated FOI requests for data that they have no skills to analyze. The good thing is that the scientific community is putting all of their data on line for anyone to access. Throw out all the research from CRU; and you find that every other source of research around the world reaches the same conclusions.

Comment

You are not a doctor; how on earth did I think that. I noticed that you did not correct me; I wonder why not. You studied business at University of Windsor and your interests are Tunnel Duty Free Shop, Michigan Chess Association, Chapters Indigo Books & Music Inc. Obviously great credentials for overuling the scientific community. You are a joke...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
                          Math has always been one of my top subjects. Why do you always ignore the massive subsidies that are built into the price of fossil fuels. Your 20x multiplier is simply not valid when you compare apples to apples. You must also realize that things are more expensive and then price plummets with economies of scale as production methods improve and efficiency improves.
                          http://www.ieso.ca/imoweb/siteshared...ice.asp?sid=ic

The wholesale price is about 3 cents per kilowatt hour. In that case the subsidy is 20 to 27 times that figure. What percentage of Ontario's electricity has to come from green energy in order to totally bankrupt the province and the consumers of electricity? Not very much actually.

The wholesale price is something you can't obscure or lie about or explain away. What kind of an insane idiot pays 20 times or 27 times the going rate for wholesale electricity? The kind of insane idiot who won't get elected again, would be my guess. I could be wrong but I suspect that in this case I'm not.

Cue Paul's clueless claims that I'm lying. Unlike Paul, I can do simple math. HTH.

Comment

Studied business at U. of Windsor? Did you get the degree; or just study. Since you do not state your degree I guess you did not complete it.

Glad to see you on Facebook. I am at Paul Beckwith, we can be fb friends. Then I will not have to spend so much time destroying your fantasy arguments; others can help out.
                            Reality is much more interesting than your fantasy...

Comment

Thanks for the IESO link; it shows real-time demand and the going wholesale price. You are looking at the price in the middle of the night, of course it is the lowest point of the day. You also ignore all the other charges the consumer pays, like taxes, distibution fees to pay for all the nuclear plants, etc...Of course a premium must be paid to kickstart an new industry; and you know that premium gets phased out as the technology gets firmly established. As a student of business you may have studied such things. Before the floating rates, the Ontario rate was 5.6 cents/kWh but the consumers paid about 12 or 13 cents per kWh (divide your total electrical bill by kWh used to get this rate). So 80 cents compared to 12 or 13 is about 6.1 - 6.5; you are grossly exaggerating your claims to 20-27x. Of course the 12-13 cents ignores the externalities, like the subsidies and underwriting that the nuclear industry got to build and insure the nuclear plants, the fossil fuel air pollution and particulates that reduce the health of Canadians and the emissions that warm our planet. So you are wrong...

Comment

On the lighter side
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9BS2...eature=related

Vlad's theme song
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF5F6...eature=related

We could embrace global warming
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9b97...eature=related

It can't be the humans, it must be the hats
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zo7w...eature=related

It can't be the humans, let's blame it on the aliens!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro0fL...eature=related

Deny it all you want, climate change is here, and humans are to blame. :(
                                The same climate changes would occur in nature anyways, over long periods of time.
                                But it is human activity that is causing it to happen much quicker.
                                The oil companies would like us to believe otherwise, but it just ain't so.
                                Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Saturday, 19th March, 2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X