Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: $ 400 in 5 hours work !!

Originally posted by Erwin Casareno View Post
    Yuri Aronov, CFC rating 2266 , heads the list of pre registrants for this Active chess tournament.

Yuri Aronov is the current defendin blitz champion of the week at Mom's Cafe (organized by Vlad Dobrich) , and therefore the current Toronto blitz king of the week as of Saturday April 10,2010. Vlad's Saturday blitz tournaments is by far the strongest in Toronto as titled players play there often e.g. IM Samsonkin, FM Sapozhnikov, and many other titled players.

With just 10 days to go.................the count down begins !!!

Please contact the tournament organizer for any questions.
    Erwin, please check with the organizers, but I believe the event has been cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin Casareno View Post
      Yuri Aronov, CFC rating 2266 , heads the list of pre registrants for this Active chess tournament. With just 10 days to go.................the count down begins !!!
      This event is cancelled, according to the tournament website. http://www.littlechessmates.com/parks.php

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
        This event is cancelled, according to the tournament website. http://www.littlechessmates.com/parks.php
        Thanks for the update. Have been busy for the past weeks, working with Chess and Math Assocaition.

So there is no more countdown for April 24, 2010.

Comment

On the bright side, the website says "We are now taking Pre-registration with payment only for our Recreational and Rated Summer Active Chess Tournaments" Same "deal" as before. Except with no date, a wise move. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            http://torontochess.org/drupal/chess...nt#comment-403

Erwin, may you confirm or deny this anonymous comment?
            Hi Egis,

Before anything else, i love the Lithuanian website you shared on Chesstalk. My life was never the same after that !!! lol. Thanks a lot !!

Admittedly, i have problems with the Lithuanian writings there. I have never been to Lithuania. The closest i have been is Poland -in Gdansk and Ukraine - in Ivano Francsvist.

Sorry for answering your question so late!

I also wish to acknowledge your contribution to the chess in Toronto - the GTA -the photos, the games you posted. You are a great guy!
            ---------------------------------------------

It has been ages since i last spoke to the organizer and since then i have concentrated on my business and part time work with Strategy Games.

Maybe the organizer posted himself, or a representative - maybe.

When i post things, i use my real name and account for the mistakes and inaccuracies i make and i hold responsibility over the results. No matter what.

This is one of the many things i learned from my parents when i was young.
            ------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Rouleau View Post
              My wife and I are both executives of non-profit organizations which have over 5,000 members and millions in liquidity. Both organizations have very strict spending rules and we're only allowed to spend a small fraction of the liquidity as seed money for special projects. Our experience tells us the rules work well because all "worthwhile" projects were later fully funded from fees, gifts, and donations, and projects which had little support from our members were not.
              It could be useful to know what is the field and aim of that non-profit organization you are in, how they got those "millions in liquidity", what kind of projects they have and how they get so easily funded, etc. Then we could juge for ourselves if by its nature it has any relevance or resemblance to a chess organisation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
                It could be useful to know what is the field and aim of that non-profit organization you are in, how they got those "millions in liquidity", what kind of projects they have and how they get so easily funded, etc. Then we could juge for ourselves if by its nature it has any relevance or resemblance to a chess organisation.
                As usual, you assume that people with something to offer in terms of the discussion give a flying fig about your judgment in the matter. Judge information, not what you perceive to be qualifications. The kind of people who have this knowledge are not looking to get your permission to share it - they are offering it and you can choose to listen or not. No one is going to force you to, or justify why you should - it's just not worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
                  As usual, you assume that people with something to offer in terms of the discussion give a flying fig about your judgment in the matter.
                  You should have waited for a better opportunity to do your "thing". In this particular instance I was simply asking for more information for everyone's benefit and certainly not passing jugdment.

It is your luck that this is a message board and not a chessboard. Otherwise you would have been checkmated many times already with only big fat zeros to show for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
                    In this particular instance I was simply asking for more information for everyone's benefit and certainly not passing jugdment.
                    May I quote your original post:

Originally posted by Jean Hébert
                    Then we could judge for ourselves
                    How could I have misinterpreted that as you wanting to pass judgment, just because you asked for some further information by which to judge him?

As for the zeros, well, I'm not the one with a life critical stake in the success of chess in Canada. I'm just an interested observer, and if the CFC fails (as it certainly is in danger of doing), my life will continue with zero effect. Yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post

How could I have misinterpreted that as you wanting to pass judgment, just because you asked for some further information by which to judge him?
                      Obviously not to judge him, but to judge the relevance of the partial information provided. How could you misinterpret that ? Only two possible explanations: you posess acute misinterpretation capabilities or a vast reservoir of bad faith.

Comment

Working...
                      X