Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY CANADA DAY -- celebrate with the new Website! Re: New CFC website

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    The new website was launched at about 11:30 this morning.
    It is located at the same address at the old site, but it may take a few hours till everyone can access it.
    Just go to the usual site, hit refresh, and be patient. I can see it.

The store is not 100% yet, some technical problems. It will be added ASAP.
    Please report any problems, and we'll get them fixed next week.
    Enjoy, and have a great long weekend. :D
    Great news Bob.

I used the site this morning in preparation for the Canadian Open (which begins in 1 week from this Saturday!). Looks good.

Responding fast so far.... easy to navigate --- good first impression!

Happy Canada Day! :)

Comment

Re : New CFC website

Nice website. Having participated into the launch of the FQE website, I know how complicated it can be.
      Will there be any possible interaction for members on it?
      Anyway, it seems rather nice, even though the french traduction is really, really, awful.

Comment

Re: New CFC website

I've seen a little glitch when looking up ratings, who do I tell about it?

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
          I've seen a little glitch when looking up ratings, who do I tell about it?
          Praise, send to me. :D
          Complains, send to Fred. :D

Just kidding, Fred gets a lot of the credit for this project. :)

John - you can report the glitches to either one of us, or post it on the thread on the cfc discussion board. That way everyone can see it, and we can avoid duplicate complaints.

Comment

The new website was launched at about 11:30 this morning.
            It is located at the same address at the old site, but it may take a few hours till everyone can access it.
            Just go to the usual site, hit refresh, and be patient. I can see it.

The store is not 100% yet, some technical problems. It will be added ASAP.
            Enjoy, and have a great long weekend. :D
            Report problems to fred underscore mckim at hotmail com

Some easy things I should be able to fix, other things will have to be handed off to the developers on Monday

Comment

Re: Re : New CFC website

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
              Nice website. Having participated into the launch of the FQE website, I know how complicated it can be.
              Will there be any possible interaction for members on it?
              Anyway, it seems rather nice, even though the french traduction is really, really, awful.
              Providing French was not part of the contract. What is there may have been some sort of automation by Resolution. I suppose if it's worse than nothing, we can close it down.

On the other hand, if there are bilingual volunteers..........

Comment

Well, that didn't take long... the CFC website is down.

Okay, I know, it's a long weekend.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : New CFC website

:)
                  Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
                  Providing French was not part of the contract. What is there may have been some sort of automation by Resolution. I suppose if it's worse than nothing, we can close it down.

On the other hand, if there are bilingual volunteers..........
                  I'm not a CFC member, so I believe I do not have much to do with the website ; this service is provided by the CFC to its members and it is their opinion that is important. I pointed it because some translated sentences were quite funny. However, we should not criticize you since our own website is in French only. The most important, I believe, is that the informations on the principal tournaments or news can be found in both languages (as we do for the Quebec Open). The fact is that anyway, most English-speaking people in Quebec understand French too (to a certain degree). I don't know much about the francophones in the CFC (I'm thinking about the North of Ontario), but the French translation could stay there, except if francophone CFC members believe it is inappropriate.

Good luck for the next few days, there is always a lot of work to do after a website launch.

Comment

Re : New CFC website

For what is of the CFC problems with the SQL, it seems to be a problem with many websites using this platform. The FQE website also had a lot of errors of the same type. Let's just hope it gets solved fast...

Comment

After looking at it for 5 seconds, this new site seems to be 100 times better than the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                        Well, that didn't take long... the CFC website is down.
                        Back now, holding my breath...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                          After looking at it for 5 seconds, this new site seems to be 100 times better than the old one.
                          My first impression after a short gander at the website is.... EXCELLENT!

I particularly like the integration of David Cohen`s material.

I will enjoy looking much further later today.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
                            My first impression after a short gander at the website is.... EXCELLENT!

I particularly like the integration of David Cohen`s material.

I will enjoy looking much further later today.
                            I agree.
                            There is an oversight in the GM listing. I'm sure we'll hear more about this. :)
                            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

There is a lot of outdated info in the Montreal chess clubs section. I will provide some updates shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                                There is a lot of outdated info in the Montreal chess clubs section. I will provide some updates shortly.
                                All of the existing chess club information was copied from the old site.

For now I suspect that people will take notice and let us know of new information.

In the long run we might want to put an expiry date on these club sites.

We have also added an Association site that will contain information on the Provincial affiliates as well as other groups who want to self identify.

Comment

Working...
                                X