New CFC website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CFC website

There is a thread on the CFC board about the design of the new website, a rep from the design company is posting.

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...0019#post10019

Re: New CFC website

Hi CFC Execs,

Is there an update on this? I read the website is suppose to be complete the latter part of April.

How are the contractors? Are they in the testing phase yet? I work in IT and usually I can tell within a couple of weeks if someone is good.

Its been frustrating even checking people's rating on the website, one of the few important service CFC still provides.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Guo View Post
      Hi CFC Execs,

Is there an update on this? I read the website is suppose to be complete the latter part of April.

How are the contractors? Are they in the testing phase yet? I work in IT and usually I can tell within a couple of weeks if someone is good.

Its been frustrating even checking people's rating on the website, one of the few important service CFC still provides.

Josh
      We took a really long time getting the project outline ready as it had to include everything that was to be done. Much negotiations back and forth on that one, but it was finally finished on Feb 25, and the new launch date is May 25.

The contractor's are doing development work right now. Everybody who has seen the front page design is really excited.

I'm hoping everybody is going to agree it was worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
        We took a really long time getting the project outline ready as it had to include everything that was to be done. Much negotiations back and forth on that one, but it was finally finished on Feb 25, and the new launch date is May 25.

The contractor's are doing development work right now. Everybody who has seen the front page design is really excited.

I'm hoping everybody is going to agree it was worth the wait.
        Thank you Fred.

Comment

Time sweeps on, and waits for no man. The deadlines of March 15, and late April have passed, and now May 25 is upon us. Is there an update of the progress?

(I've been reading Shipov's commentary, his writing style is infectious.)

Any word at all from the designers at http://www.resolutionim.com/, or are they spending too much time on "prank wars, our beer fridge, hot-and-ready pizza, poutine, and Geek Golf Day."

Or maybe, not enough time? :D

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
            Time sweeps on, and waits for no man. The deadlines of March 15, and late April have passed, and now May 25 is upon us. Is there an update of the progress?

(I've been reading Shipov's commentary, his writing style is infectious.)

Any word at all from the designers at http://www.resolutionim.com/, or are they spending too much time on "prank wars, our beer fridge, hot-and-ready pizza, poutine, and Geek Golf Day."

Or maybe, not enough time? :D
            Things are proceeding, John. We are a bit behind schedule, and I hope to have a new launch date by the end of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
              Things are proceeding, John. We are a bit behind schedule, and I hope to have a new launch date by the end of the week.
              bump !!!!!!
              i rep back 3+

Comment

Re : New CFC website

haha. Just noticed: ''To unwind we turn to the 360, prank wars, our beer fridge, hot-and-ready pizza, poutine, and Geek Golf Day''. It explains a lot of things :)

Comment

The delays are getting a bit beyond a joke. Can't the tech-guys increase their consumption of beer and pizza... how long do they plan to make our $18,000 last?

Fred... any update? It's been over a month since you hoped to have a new launch date "by the end of the week".

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                    The delays are getting a bit beyond a joke. Can't the tech-guys increase their consumption of beer and pizza... how long do they plan to make our $18,000 last?

Fred... any update? It's been over a month since you hoped to have a new launch date "by the end of the week".
                    New launch date = very very soon

Comment

upgraded from very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                        upgraded from very soon.
                        who cares? the cfc website has been in a sad, decrepit state for months now - potential customers have seen the current site and are long gone!
                        i rep back 3+

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Me View Post
                          who cares? the cfc website has been in a sad, decrepit state for months now - potential customers have seen the current site and are long gone!
                          My money is on a July 1 launch! Ok, I meant 2011 of course...
                          I think then the CFC could qualify for Canada Day grants?
                          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

It looks live to me.

Comment

The new website was launched at about 11:30 this morning.
                              It is located at the same address at the old site, but it may take a few hours till everyone can access it.
                              Just go to the usual site, hit refresh, and be patient. I can see it.

The store is not 100% yet, some technical problems. It will be added ASAP.
                              Please report any problems, and we'll get them fixed next week.
                              Enjoy, and have a great long weekend. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X