Official CFC Candidates for President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official CFC Candidates for President

I am an OCA life member since 1980. I paid $40 for it (I was approached 3 years after I paid my CFC life membership). I still have the card.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
      I am an OCA life member since 1980. I paid $40 for it (I was approached 3 years after I paid my CFC life membership). I still have the card.
      My apologies... I think the OCA records are a mess (and that might be putting an optimistic spin on it)

If I recall, Bob Armstrong paid around $56 or so ... and I think Chris' recollection of 15% of a CFC Life Membership sounds familiar too...
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
        My apologies... I think the OCA records are a mess (and that might be putting an optimistic spin on it)

If I recall, Bob Armstrong paid around $56 or so ... and I think Chris' recollection of 15% of a CFC Life Membership sounds familiar too...
        They are most definitely not a mess... at least not the ones from 1980.

I'm sure they're tidily buried in some garbage dump somewhere, maybe even in Ontario!

I don't think anything really from pre-2003 was passed on to the new exec in 2003. I think it was Mark Dutton who had to actually try to reconstruct the finances from 2002.
        Christopher Mallon
        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
          They are most definitely not a mess... at least not the ones from 1980.

I'm sure they're tidily buried in some garbage dump somewhere, maybe even in Ontario!

I don't think anything really from pre-2003 was passed on to the new exec in 2003. I think it was Mark Dutton who had to actually try to reconstruct the finances from 2002.
          Ah I see... in that case, I claim I have an OCA Life Membership too. I must have misplaced the receipt. Come to think of it, I believe I gave someone the cash for a CFC Life Membership too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
            Ah I see... in that case, I claim I have an OCA Life Membership too. I must have misplaced the receipt. Come to think of it, I believe I gave someone the cash for a CFC Life Membership too.
            I'm pretty sure the courts would not back you up there :p The onus would be on you to prove that you did in fact pay for a life membership. The OCA cannot prove a negative!

Although this conversation IS starting to remind me of the whole paid/didn't pay fiasco at the Closed a few years back...
            Christopher Mallon
            FIDE Arbiter

Comment

I'm pretty sure the courts would not back you up there :p The onus would be on you to prove that you did in fact pay for a life membership. The OCA cannot prove a negative!

Although this conversation IS starting to remind me of the whole paid/didn't pay fiasco at the Closed a few years back...
              LOL I had those sort of flashbacks too ...

Comment

Sounds Like the OCA or other province or territory dues from Life members could add up to to a lot of Life membership claw backs.
                The CFC could be rich?

Comment

The onus would be on you to prove that you did in fact pay for a life membership.
                  I've been a life member of the CFC for a while, but don't ask me to prove it. I can't even remember what DECADE I paid for a life membership, though I'm pretty sure it was the '90s.

So if the CFC managed to lose the membership records, entirely possible now we've turned the website over to the beer-and-pizza programmers, what recourse do I have.

Moral suasion? :D With the CFC?? :p

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                    I've been a life member of the CFC for a while, but don't ask me to prove it. I can't even remember what DECADE I paid for a life membership, though I'm pretty sure it was the '90s.

So if the CFC managed to lose the membership records, entirely possible now we've turned the website over to the beer-and-pizza programmers, what recourse do I have.

Moral suasion? :D With the CFC?? :p
                    Better save or print off the tdlist from the new site. It'll show your expiry date - of course you could just doctor the file:)

Comment

Working...
                    X