Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wycc 2011

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
    Well, that's your opinion, Ken. Obviously an Ex-President and I both thought otherwise.
    Your point is clear to us. it is obvious where Ex-President and you stand on this issue. You telling us that you guys have absolutely no interest in promoting chess to our juniors and allowing talented juniors to reach new heights.

This was proven with your actions and posts repeatedly!

I am starting to wonder where will our youth will end up in near future, with that kind of attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
      Mikhail, what is being gained by continuing to lambaste the Executive over this decision?
      Ken,

So we should just sit down and shut-up while Ex-President Mr. Gillanders (current CFC Executive) and his gonies (including Mr. Barron,) do whatever they feel like to our youth?

That is what they want us to do, so they continue doing this.

This time they do it to 3 juniors, next year they will do it to 10!

I hope you get my point.

Comment

And you have made your point, served as a coach at the WYCC and continue to make your point. There is no remedy available for what took place, short of someone seeking one in the courts. As you know, I disagree with the decision made by the Executive. So what is the way forward? I believe the creation of some type of appeal system within the CFC is needed. I belive Bob A will be bringing the appropriate motion forward in due course.

Comment

And you have made your point, served as a coach at the WYCC and continue to make your point. There is no remedy available for what took place, short of someone seeking one in the courts. As you know, I disagree with the decision made by the Executive. So what is the way forward? I believe the creation of some type of appeal system within the CFC is needed..
          Hi Ken,

I do know where you stand on this issue, and appreciate your support!

The disturbing fact is CFC Executives will keep ignoring. General public needs to know, what kind people running CFC. They claim doing one thing, but doing completely the opposite.

They do want us keep looking the other way and that's it.

I believe Bob A will be bringing the appropriate motion forward in due course.
          It was not Bob's job to do this and it was not his fault. He is only CFC Governor and does not have authority to do so. Mr. Gillanders and other CFC Executives do, and they failed to do anything about it. They miserably failed and further jeopardizing encouraging our youth to reach new potential.

Do you really want CFC take our youth to Dark Ages? Until CFC realizes this, or officially apologizes to them, this is where it currently be headed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
            The disturbing fact is CFC Executives will keep ignoring.
            I think ALL Execs expressed their views on this matter here or on the CFC forum! You and your privies have not been ignored. You disagree with their opinion and that is fine. However, you are more and more look like children standing in a puddle and splashing around and mostly on themselves.

Comment

:D
              Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
              However, you are more and more look like children standing in a puddle and splashing around and mostly on themselves.
              And it makes them look more like angels?

More like not, but splashing in the puddle around mostly as well. :D

I take my chances!

Comment

I take my chances!
                The CFC does not play with a dice :p

Comment

In questioning the theories of quantum physics, Einstein famously said "As I have said so many times, God doesn't play dice with the world" (and many other variations on this quote). Are you making a sly allusion whereby God and the CFC are equated? :D

Somehow I can't help but feel that this discussion has slid from the sublime to the ridiculous. Perhaps it might be a good time to acknowledge that everyone has made their points and put this discussion to rest.

Comment

• CFC - Appeal Process & CCC

Hi Ken:

I will not be bringing any motion at the 2012 Winter Meeting in January re an appeal process. I would be pleased if anyone else would be interested.

But what I did say previously was the Steve Karpik, a Cooperative Chess Coalition ( CCC ) " supporter " has brought this issue, and background materials, to the CCC to request that they review the situation, and determine if they wish to initiate any action, likely a motion, in regards to it. CCC will be looking at this, but not likely 'til after the Winter Meeting.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Karpik View Post
                      In questioning the theories of quantum physics, Einstein famously said "As I have said so many times, God doesn't play dice with the world" (and many other variations on this quote). Are you making a sly allusion whereby God and the CFC are equated? :D
                      Yes, I know about the Einstein's famous sentence. However for this case there is no allusion. The CFC did not gambled when made a decision, and it stood firm for two Execs teams (two main related Execs spots, a president and a youth coordinator, changed to new persons.)

Originally posted by Steve Karpik View Post
                      Somehow I can't help but feel that this discussion has slid from the sublime to the ridiculous.
                      :)
                      Amen.

Comment

[QUOTE=Egidijus Zeromskis;45528]Yes, I know about the Einstein's famous sentence. However for this case there is no allusion. The CFC did not gambled when made a decision, and it stood firm for two Execs teams (two main related Execs spots, a president and a youth coordinator, changed to new persons.)

CFC did gamble on spending all the money that CYCC chief organizer bring to them. We now all know where it ended up and with which result. This definetly was a gamble.

CFC did play with dice here. :D

I guess it is easy to stand firm, and stand like children in a puddle, splashing around mostly on themselves! I bet children can do this job more efficient then ‘two main related CFC Execs, CFC Ex-president and CFC Ex-co-ordinator) in this department!

I wonder what kind of team CFC would send, if there was no $40,000 surplus brought by Ms. Jin this year?

Comment

Every time there is an junior event some adult ends up whining. It's very entertaining.

Compared to the last guy you're an amateur complainer. The last guy I'd rate a 2100 and he was entertaining. You I rate a 1900 so there is still room to improve.

Did the CFC send you to the event as a coach? I notice on the CFC message board they say you were a coach.
                          Gary Ruben
                          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                            Every time there is an junior event some adult ends up whining. It's very entertaining.

Did the CFC send you to the event as a coach? I notice on the CFC message board they say you were a coach.
                            It is unfortunate enough to see that you can’t distinguish between and someone who is whining and when someone raises a legitimate concern.

I would rate your argument rating at about 1600, with the logic you presenting. There are a lot of more people on this forum, who actually manage bring more valid points toward serious discussion. No offence intended. Truth hearts, but reality check is needed once in a while.

Obviously you are upset about something. Maybe you still upset that your son didn’t go to WYCC in 2010. All I can’t tell you that it was not my fault, and I had nothing to do with it.

I suggest, either for you to improve your debating skills or you should go ahead and coach your son to reach new heights! After all he probably needs it. I noticed his rating in Summer of 2009 was 1556, now stands at 1502.

The last guy I'd rate a 2100 and he was entertaining.
                            Was it one of the CFC Executives lol? If he was, then I guess you managed to ONE big bonus point from CFC Office for this one.

Did the CFC send you to the event as a coach?
                            The better question is: Who do you think provided CFC the money to send 3 coaches to WYCC?

I notice on the CFC message board they say you were a coach.
                            I also noticed somewhere on this forum, that certain organizer somehow managed to organized the most successful CYCC in history of Canada!
                            Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Thursday, 8th December, 2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I also noticed somewhere on this forum, that certain organizer somehow managed to organized the most successful CYCC in history of Canada!
                              That was the CYCC in Ottawa a few years ago. That was the most successful CYCC in the history of Canada.

Click Here...

As for some of your other assertions, like my son not going to the 2010 WYCC, you're cracking walnuts. That makes as little sense as most of the rest of the garbage you write.
                              Last edited by Gary Ruben; Sunday, 11th December, 2011, 11:33 AM.
                              Gary Ruben
                              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

That was the CYCC in Ottawa a few years ago. That was the most successful CYCC in the history of Canada.
                                But did CFC send biggest team to WYCC that year? ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X