Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Occupy Toronto Protest

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
    Facts? There was video of the whole thing, and in fact the Quebec police admitted that these people were undercover officers planted to impersonate black bloc nasties. What more do you want; look it up yourself...

Vlad was the one talking about shooting people with rubber bullets, I was responding to his points, I suppose you did not read his comment. Complain to him about talking like this, you are barking up the wrong tree with me.

Never have I condoned the use of violence. Stop making things up. Be aware that whatever you say publicly could be used against you later.
    Yeah, sure Vlad started it, you just followed along. Honestly, I've heard kids in the back of cars on long road trips behave with more maturity.

Your attitude seems to be that the police should not be trying to infiltrate these groups and prevent the violence that they plan. You do not make any statements condoning the violence; you only condone attempts to prevent it. So thinking like a logical chess player I can see what your position is. You purport that these groups are not violent, that it is always the police who cause them to be violent.

Montebello is the perfect example. The police used some reprehensible tactics on the day but the crowd was not violent, did not plan to be violent and thus the police were left with egg on their face. That's how it works; the police did not and could not and never could make them do it because they were not violent to begin with. Well done protestors I say.

Thanks for reading me my rights about anything I say in public. I think you need to be more concerned about that than I am. For someone who purports to believe in free speech you sure seem quick to suggest I stop speaking in public.

If you're suggesting you might sue me then by all means. If you're planning to use what I say against me later then by all means. I'm not intimidated.
    Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Wednesday, 23rd November, 2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Interesting; you can not seem to put together a post without editing it a minute later. Stop being a crybaby just because someone thinks your posts are crap...Since you cannot seem to understand my point it is simply that the police should not be wearing black masks and attempting to rouse up the crowd at a protest. Not sure what your problem is, I remember you from years ago in Hamilton as being more reasonable and coherent...

Comment

Interesting; you can not seem to put together a post without editing it a minute later. Stop being a crybaby just because someone thinks your posts are crap...Since you cannot seem to understand my point it is simply that the police should not be wearing black masks and attempting to rouse up the crowd at a protest. Not sure what your problem is, I remember you from years ago in Hamilton as being more reasonable and coherent...
        Okay first it's some sort of vague warning that what I say might be used against me later. Then it's childish insults I haven't heard since my playground days like crybaby. Just because I have the audacity to disagree with you. Wow, you are a wonder to watch in action. Are all activists as mature as you? When you post links claiming them to be peer reviewed journals and then are challenged on that you sure do evade the question pretty fast when you have been found out in an untruth.

You object to my using the edit feature? Seriously?

and you don't seem to get my point that the police cannot rouse up a crowd that doesn't have violent intent to begin with.

So for the record what is your stance on the violence used by these groups at the G20?
        Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Wednesday, 23rd November, 2011, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Some articles for the more informed chesstalker's, an explanation of Vlad and now Zeljko...Vlad might specifically be interested on the article on cream puffs...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1121142446.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0915170745.htm

Comment

Some articles for the more informed chesstalker's, an explanation of Vlad and now Zeljko...Vlad might specifically be interested on the article on cream puffs...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1121142446.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0915170745.htm
            groan :D:D I know anyone who disagrees with you must have something scientifically wrong with their thought process

you used to be such a pleasant fellow at the Hamilton chess club before you became an ardent activist, what happened?
            Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Wednesday, 23rd November, 2011, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Say something original, you are sounding like a parrot...all you do is take a previous point that I made and twist it around, or repeat it outright. What on earth did you just edit? You write two sentences and then edit it 2 minutes later? I am finding this very amusing, thanks...

Comment

Say something original, you are sounding like a parrot...all you do is take a previous point that I made and twist it around, or repeat it outright. What on earth did you just edit? You write two sentences and then edit it 2 minutes later? I am finding this very amusing, thanks...
                Actually at this point I'm editing just to amuse you. Since it seems such a big deal to you. Don't you recognize when you are being lead along?

I'll let you get back to your 'peer reviewed' journals and original thoughts that every other activist spouts.

(See what I mean. You do have to remember English is my second language.)
                Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Wednesday, 23rd November, 2011, 10:38 PM. Reason: to amuse Paul Beckwith

Comment

Kitich is a not a nice person, Kitich is a not a swell guy, Kitich is a not a great chessplayer...
                  Last edited by Paul Beckwith; Wednesday, 23rd November, 2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Kitich is a nice person, Kitich is a swell guy, Kitich is a great chessplayer...
                    interesting, but I'm not that great a chessplayer

Comment

• Re: Occupy Toronto Protest

Kitich is a really a nice person, Kitich is definitely a swell guy, Kitich is certainly a great chessplayer...
                      interesting
                      Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Wednesday, 23rd November, 2011, 10:49 PM. Reason: to amuse Paul Beckwith

Comment

I have to do some work now, nice chatting...

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
                          Sorry Paul, you are absolutely right in everything you have been saying...I agree that Vlad knows nothing about climate change...
                          Thanks Jerry...
                          Last edited by Paul Beckwith; Wednesday, 23rd November, 2011, 11:08 PM. Reason: To amuse Zeljko, annoy Vlad, and make Bob G laugh...

Comment

I have to stand on my head now, nice chatting...and I should know because I know nothing about so called Global Warming either
                            Anytime Paul.
                            Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Wednesday, 23rd November, 2011, 11:20 PM. Reason: Do I need a reason?

Comment

Oh gee. Quoting and then editing someone else's quoted post. Very unoriginal. A TOS violation when I first saw it on usenet. Typical of the intellectual dishonesty and dirty tricks of the so called self styled climate scientists. I expect it from you Paul because your moral compass is broken.

Using rubber bullets against masked people engaging in violence is already within the police toolbag and is preferable to engaging in violence against innocent civilians which is also shown to be part of the police toolbag. I take much of the media coverage of events with a grain of salt particularly when dealing with ideologically driven media like the CBC whose taxpayer subsidies need to be cut significantly.

I think that more extensive video coverage of such events will keep both protesters and police more honest. I would be in favour of video surveillance of the kind that they have in England.

I find it very odd that people are being convicted using the video evidence that is available of their own individual actions and yet you persist in the irrational belief that police were behind it. As Zjelko says the police should be infiltrating violent movements like the anarchists behind the G20 summit violence.

Comment

• Re: Occupy Toronto Protest to Continue

On CBC Website:

" Occupy Toronto protesters say their movement did not die when police dismantled their tents and ended a five-week occupation of a downtown park on Wednesday.

City workers were busy Thursday cleaning the park, the site of an Occupy Toronto encampment since Oct. 15.

While enforcing an eviction order, police working with about 100 city workers cleared the tents and other belongings.

Protester Shawn Williams said the Occupy movement, which is focused on addressing global economic disparity, will continue.

“You can’t evict an idea; we’re still strong,” protester Williams told CBC News.

“We’ve been doing this for 40 days now. I do not expect us to stop any time soon,” he said.

The operation to remove the protesters’ tents happened without violent clashes between police and protesters. "

What do you think the next strategy of Occupy Toronto should be to further their calls for reform?

Bob A

Comment

Working...
                                X