Occupy Toronto Protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Occupy Toronto Protest

Interesting Guelph and Kitchener, planning centres for the G20 violence. One can protest without vandalism but that's a little too democratic for some. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...2245680/page3/

Couldn't be that some of the same people and groups are part of Occupy Toronto could it? I wonder if these are the moderates that Bob G. is always talking about?

What exactly do they have against Starbucks? I mean coffee is sacred to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
      Interesting Guelph and Kitchener, planning centres for the G20 violence. One can protest without vandalism but that's a little too democratic for some. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...2245680/page3/

Couldn't be that some of the same people and groups are part of Occupy Toronto could it? I wonder if these are the moderates that Bob G. is always talking about?

What exactly do they have against Starbucks? I mean coffee is sacred to me.
      The police moved in this morning and have begun removing the tents. No violence or arrests reported yet. Two guys have chained themselves to the tent to protect the library and claim they have thrown away the keys.

Starbucks, really? Yecchtt, who drinks that swill.....the 1% no doubt.
      Drink the peoples coffee, Tim Hortons forever. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
        The police moved in this morning and have begun removing the tents. No violence or arrests reported yet. Two guys have chained themselves to the tent to protect the library and claim they have thrown away the keys.

Starbucks, really? Yecchtt, who drinks that swill.....the 1% no doubt.
        Drink the peoples coffee, Tim Hortons forever. :D
        Don't worry in Toronto they know how to deal with locked chains; they have a couple of bike thieves on standby as consultants.

Tim Hortons coffee is the opiate of the masses; part of the Leafs fan duping thing Jonathan talks about.

Comment

Hi Bob G:

So what do you have to say about Timmies going Lattee??

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            Hi Bob G:

Bob A
            Selling out the cause is what it is. :D:D

Comment

Hi Bob G:

Bob A
              Lattee, no thanks.
              I tried the new French Vanilla Capucino Supreme yesterday since it was on sale for a loonie, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

Back to my medium double double. :D

I have been told by former employees of Tim's that I don't want to know what they put in the coffee.
              So I don't ask! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                That is very 1% of you.
                Bob, for your information I'm not in the 1% of the richest people. I'm with with 99% of people who believe that each person’s ability, dignity, freedom and responsibility must be honoured, recognised and financially rewarded according to the free market conditions. And most importantly, no individual or a group, small or large, can take away from the private property of the others.
                A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Klubis View Post
                  Bob, for your information I'm not in the 1% of the richest people. I'm with with 99% of people who believe that each person’s ability, dignity, freedom and responsibility must be honoured, recognised and financially rewarded according to the free market conditions. And most importantly, no individual or a group, small or large, can take away from the private property of the others.
                  Actually by virtue of living in Canada you probably are in the 1% on a global basis.

Unfortunately in Canada private property protection is weak though you can expect compensation for your property if it is taken.

Comment

Re: Occupy Toronto Protest - 1st Arrest

Recent CP24 Tweets:

Police officers are walking through the park but some members of Occupy Toronto are trying to block them.

One woman being carried out of the park as protesters yell "Let her go! Let her go!" The woman is being searched by police after being taken away from Occupy Toronto camp. It appears the woman has been placed under arrest. She's been placed inside a court services van. Police confirm to CP24 the woman was arrested. She is the first protester to be arrested since police entered park [ at 6:30 AM EST ] to enforce eviction order. "Female was arrested for trespassing. I anticipate she'll be RELEASED quite quickly," say police on the scene.The woman who was arrested during Occupy Toronto eviction has been released from custody.

I don't understand the " trespassing " arrest, since people have the right to be in the park after 5:30 AM. I thought the city workers were just taking down structures, as allowed by Superior Court Justice David Brown's dismissal of interim injunction application judgment. And the police are only supposed to be there to prevent any protester assaults on city workers taking down tents/structures. Again, as in the G 20, police may be misconstruing their role ( I hope not deliberately ).

Bob A
                    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Wednesday, 23rd November, 2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Re: Occupy Toronto Protest - 1st Arrest

Recent CP24 Tweets:

Police officers are walking through the park but some members of Occupy Toronto are trying to block them.

One woman being carried out of the park as protesters yell "Let her go! Let her go!" The woman is being searched by police after being taken away from Occupy Toronto camp. It appears the woman has been placed under arrest. She's been placed inside a court services van. Police confirm to CP24 the woman was arrested. She is the first protester to be arrested since police entered park [ at 6:30 AM EST ] to enforce eviction order. "Female was arrested for trespassing. I anticipate she'll be RELEASED quite quickly," say police on the scene.The woman who was arrested during Occupy Toronto eviction has been released from custody.

I don't understand the " trespassing " arrest, since people have the right to be in the park after 5:30 AM. I thought the city workers were just taking down structures, as allowed by Superior Court Justice David Brown's dismissal of interim injunction application judgment. And the police are only supposed to be there to prevent any protester assaults on city workers taking down tents/structures. Again, as in the G 20, police may be misconstruing their role ( I hope not deliberately ).

Bob A
                      You have the right to be in the park but does that mean you have the right to erect a tent there while you are in the park? How about a lean to? How about a log cabin? Could I hold a soccer game there and prevent others from using the park? Could I ride my horse in the park? Could I hold horse races there? Could I hold bike races? Or more appropriately for this time of year dog sled races? Is there no legal limit to what I can do in the park after 530am as long as I'm gone by midnight? Could I roast a pig on a spit?

Next time I go to a park I'm taking my dog off the leash as apparently there are no laws whatsoever as to what I can do in the park during the day. I know we are a settler nation but does our constitution really protect our right to camp and have a cook out?
                      Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Wednesday, 23rd November, 2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Re: Occupy Toronto Protest - Conditions for Trespass

Hi Zeljko:

There are bylaws about what is allowed for the public to do in a park - in Toronto, no dogs off leashes, except in designated areas. There are others.

My point was that there was no factual information that the woman arrested was also one who had erected a tent/structure, which might support a " trespasser " conviction, since left there after Superior Court Justice Brown's judgment that structures were illegal and had to be dismantled. If she was just a supporter who had come in after 5:30 AM, what did she do to warrant a " trespass " charge?? If she was somehow blocking police activity, then some other charge may be warranted - but " trespass "??

Bob A

Comment

Re: Occupy Toronto Protest - Factions?

CP24 Tweet:

At least 200 members of the Ontario Federation of Labour are marching on Queen [ Street ] towards St. James Park now [ 30 min. ago ].

Ontario Labour has been very supportive of the " Occupy " movement, and goals, in so far as any general ones have now been articulated. It and the Marxist element seem to be having significant influence on the Occupy Toronto movement, insofar as there are identifiable factions.

Bob A

Comment

Wake up and smell the roses people. The powers that be were getting concerned about the occupy people, thus in my view they infiltrated these groups big time with undercover police who dumped garbage, smashed bottles, trampled flowers, etc., the media did its part in branding these folks as druggies, etc. and the rest is history (these places have been closing quickly in the past week or so). Far fetched you say. Think a little. This happened with the G20. Police infiltrated all these groups and actually directed them as to which sites to target for vandalism, which police cars to set on fire, etc. Congratulations, we now live in a fascist state. The police set the fires, or direct others to set the fires, and then the official police come in to restore order and save the day...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2245680/

Comment

Occupy Toronto Protest - Conditions for Trespass

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
                              Wake up and smell the roses people. The powers that be were getting concerned about the occupy people, thus in my view they infiltrated these groups big time with undercover police who dumped garbage, smashed bottles, trampled flowers, etc., the media did its part in branding these folks as druggies, etc. and the rest is history (these places have been closing quickly in the past week or so). Far fetched you say. Think a little. This happened with the G20. Police infiltrated all these groups and actually directed them as to which sites to target for vandalism, which police cars to set on fire, etc. Congratulations, we now live in a fascist state. The police set the fires, or direct others to set the fires, and then the official police come in to restore order and save the day...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2245680/
                              Of course! What else could it possibly be?

Comment

Ken, I cannot read your post. Can you please make it redder and bolder and larger!

Comment

Working...
                                X