Canadian Zonal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Zonal

The list of participants to the Canadian Zonal has been updated. You can find information about the Championship and the list of participants at : http://ccc2012.yolasite.com/

Canadian Zonal

Originally posted by Claude Lalumière View Post
    The list of participants to the Canadian Zonal has been updated. You can find information about the Championship and the list of participants at : http://ccc2012.yolasite.com/
    Will any games be published LIVE?

Comment

Re : Canadian Zonal

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
      Will any games be published LIVE?
      Yes, some games will be available live.

In addition, we will try to publish all the games shortly after each round.

The links for the live games and for the pgn will be posted on Chesstalk and on the tournament web site.

Comment

Re : Canadian Zonal

For information on the tournament, I can be reached at 514-824-2608 (before and during the event).

Comment

Re: Canadian Zonal

I think there's a small typo in the women's list:

Qiyu Zhu (1953 CFC)

should be

Qiyu Zhou

Comment

Does a player need an established FIDE rating over 2100 to play, or would a provisional rating qualify?
            No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Re : Re: Canadian Zonal

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
              Does a player need an established FIDE rating over 2100 to play, or would a provisional rating qualify?
              As long as the rating is shown on the Fide website, we consider it. A player could always request an exception if he considers he should be allowed to play.

Comment

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
                I think there's a small typo in the women's list:

Qiyu Zhu (1953 CFC)

should be

Qiyu Zhou
                Thanks ! Corrected.

Comment

Why is the Zonal at the same time as the World Junior?
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                    Why is the Zonal at the same time as the World Junior?
                    Unfortunately, they announced the dates for the World junior a few months after our bid...

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Canadian Zonal

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                      Unfortunately, they announced the dates for the World junior a few months after our bid...
                      It's incompetent, in my opinion, for the CFC to allow the Zonal at the same time as the World Junior particularly when at least one of the juniors has a decent chance of winning.
                      Gary Ruben
                      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                        It's incompetent, in my opinion, for the CFC to allow the Zonal at the same time as the World Junior particularly when at least one of the juniors has a decent chance of winning.
                        I presume you are referring to Eric Hansen? If so, he must have decided between the World Junior and the Zonal.

Interesting that he chose to go to the World Junior - with all due respect, he has a better chance of winning the Zonal than the World Junior, but perhaps he considers the World Junior a better opportunity for learning not winning?
                        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Eric is playing in the Olympics later in August, so I think his goal was to get situated in Europe for this month.

As well, there are no GM norms to be had at the Canadian Zonal !!

Comment

I really wanted to play the zonal but with it being my last year eligible as a junior and the World Jr being an extremely prestigious event I wouldn't want to miss out. It was an easy choice. I'm still playing chess mainly to improve and hardly any chances are better than this. But take my words with a grain of salt after the 'game' I played today

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
                              Eric is playing in the Olympics later in August, so I think his goal was to get situated in Europe for this month.

As well, there are no GM norms to be had at the Canadian Zonal !!
                              Both of these points are quite true. It's quite frustrating to perform 2630 fide and not get a GM norm. My Can Open and Can -Closed performances were both high enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X