Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canadian Zonal

Originally posted by Martin Tolton View Post
    The game scores on the organizer's page seem incomplete after round 1. Has anyone else noticed this?
    give them some time: there are only enough Monroi devices for the top boards + titled players, and there were two rounds yesterday. That leaves about 40 hand-written gamescores to decipher... and I'm sure hardly any of us write as neatly as Peter Leko.

Comment

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
      ... Peter Leko.
      Myself least of all.

Comment

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
        I'm sure hardly any of us write as neatly as Peter Leko.

Comment

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post
          leko image
          that's neat, but I don't think it's Leko's own, I think it's from his opponent

but for the record, Aman's own scoresheets Leko-quality: freakishly neat and error-free.

Comment

Re : Canadian Zonal

Here's some pictures of the first day of the Championnat:
            https://plus.google.com/photos/11060...CMaWvMie5fqgEA

https://plus.google.com/photos/11060...JK_zOPVl-K4kgE

And last Sunday, we had a superb buffet from a sponsorship of IGA, which has permit the players and spectators to relax and discus while eating ( and watching the Olympics games...).

Thanks to IGA.
            https://plus.google.com/photos/11060...CKOSh46iz5XjIQ

Line Lamontagne
            Last edited by Line Lamontagne; Monday, 6th August, 2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Re : Canadian Zonal

Originally posted by Claude Lalumière View Post
              All games from round 1 except one are available in pgn format on the tournament web site in the pairings/results section.
              Almost all games from rounds 1,2 and 3 and some games from round 4 are available from the tournament site.

Comment

Why have no results been posted on the chess-results page?

In the past rounds they were added as soon as the games finished.

Norm

Comment

Sambuev is 5/5!!

GM SAMBUEV beats GM KOVALYOV tonight.

Comment

Re : Sambuev is 5/5!!

Originally posted by Halldor P. Palsson View Post
                    GM SAMBUEV beats GM KOVALYOV tonight.
                    Additional games from rounds 3, 4 and 5 are available on the tournament site.

[Event "Canadian Closed- Championnats canadiens"]
                    [Site "Montreal Canada"]
                    [EventDate "2012.08.04"]
                    [Date "2012.08.07"]
                    [Round "5"]
                    [White "Sambuev, Bator"]
                    [WhiteTitle "GM"]
                    [WhiteElo "2531"]
                    [Black "Kovalyov, Anton"]
                    [BlackTitle "GM"]
                    [BlackElo "2619"]
                    [Result "1-0"]
                    [Source "MonRoi"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. Nf3 e6 3. e3 b6 4. Bd3 Bb7 5. O-O d5 6. b3 Bd6 7. Bb2 O-O 8. Ne5 Nc6 9. a3 Ne4 10. f3 Bxe5 11. dxe5 Nc5 12. Be2 a5 13. f4 Qe7 14. Nd2 Rfd8 15. Nf3 Ba6 16. Bd3 Nxd3 17. cxd3 Qd7 18. g4 Ne7 19. Rf2 c5 20. d4 a4 21. bxa4 Bc4 22. Nh4 Qxa4 23. Qf3 Bd3 24. f5 Qd7 25. Qf4 h6 26. f6 Ng6 27. Qg3 Nf8 28. Ng2 Nh7 29. Nf4 Bg6 30. h4 gxf6 31. dxc5 bxc5 32. exf6 Qd6 33. g5 hxg5 34. hxg5 d4 35. exd4 cxd4 36. Qh4 Ra5 37. Rg2 Be4 38. g6 fxg6 39. f7 Kxf7 40. Qxh7 Ke8 41. Rf1 Qe7 42. Qh8 Qf8 43. Qxf8 Kxf8 44. Re2 Rg5 45. Kh2 Ke7 46. Rxe4 e5 47. Nh3 Rh5 48. Kg3 Ke6 49. Nf4 Kf5 50. Rfe1 Rg5 51. Kf3 Kf6 52. Nd3 Rb8 53. Rxe5 Rxe5 54. Bxd4 Rb3 55. Bxe5 Kf5 56. Ke3 Rxa3 57. Rf1 Kg4 58. Ke4 g5 59. Rg1 Kh4 60. Rh1 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Normand Arsenault View Post
                      Why have no results been posted on the chess-results page?

In the past rounds they were added as soon as the games finished.

Norm
                      I was extremely disappointed that results can't be posted in close to real time on this site. Still no results - and apparently I have to download the pgn file from the tournament site to find anything out :(

I thought the live games might still be available at monroi - but just one I could see.

Comment

Re : Re: Canadian Zonal

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
                        I was extremely disappointed that results can't be posted in close to real time on this site. Still no results - and apparently I have to download the pgn file from the tournament site to find anything out :(

I thought the live games might still be available at monroi - but just one I could see.
                        I agree with you Mr. Fred. The results are not posted and neither are the future pairings.

Fairly dissapointing for a Canadian Championship that I planned on watching and following online because I couldn't make it to Montreal in person.

Norm

Comment

Can we show some moderation here.

The Canadian Zonal 2012 has been well run. Future pairings and key games available available an hour or two after the round is done. The website at

http://ccc2012.yolasite.com/ is excellent.

The live games I could not see using internet explorer but everyting works with google chrome.

Tonight I noticed that Qin - Hebert was at first reported as a 1/2 but it was in fact 0-1. This was corrected and all is well.

So Hebert - Sambuev is on the menu tommorrow and it should be a great fighting game!

Comment

Originally posted by Halldor P. Palsson View Post
                            Can we show some moderation here.

The Canadian Zonal 2012 has been well run. Future pairings and key games available available an hour or two after the round is done. The website at

http://ccc2012.yolasite.com/ is excellent.
                            Actually I was just thinking earlier tonight that the organizers are getting off terribly easy this year compared to the commentary in the recent past

So Hebert - Sambuev is on the menu tommorrow and it should be a great fighting game!
                            Looking forward to it!

Too bad there wasn't one more GM in the mix, we could be having a GM-norm watch!
                            Christopher Mallon
                            FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Canadian Zonal

Originally posted by Normand Arsenault View Post
                              I agree with you Mr. Fred. The results are not posted and neither are the future pairings.

Fairly dissapointing for a Canadian Championship that I planned on watching and following online because I couldn't make it to Montreal in person.

Norm
                              Pretend the tournament started one day later than it actually did, and presto - the whole thing will appear to be in real time.

Comment

I see timely information online to be a value added not a necessity. How did we all survive in the pre-internet era?

Comment

Working...
                                X