Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re : Re: Canadian Zonal

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
    I really wanted to play the zonal but with it being my last year eligible as a junior and the World Jr being an extremely prestigious event I wouldn't want to miss out. It was an easy choice. I'm still playing chess mainly to improve and hardly any chances are better than this. But take my words with a grain of salt after the 'game' I played today
    Best of luck all the same. Hopefully you can get past such games (I was watching a video of Nakamura and he seems to at least give the impression that 'stuff happens' and seems able to move on - I would like to find that secret too)
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
      I presume you are referring to Eric Hansen? If so, he must have decided between the World Junior and the Zonal.

Interesting that he chose to go to the World Junior - with all due respect, he has a better chance of winning the Zonal than the World Junior, but perhaps he considers the World Junior a better opportunity for learning not winning?
      Many world champions, like Spassky, Karpov, Kasparov, etc. have played the World junior. It's part of the process. It's not about learning, I don't think. It's about competing with ones peers.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        Many world champions, like Spassky, Karpov, Kasparov, etc. have played the World junior. It's part of the process. It's not about learning, I don't think. It's about competing with ones peers.
        yes, it's hard to describe. i've been training a lot so definitely not here for just experience. I have pretty high expectations especially based on my previous results at the world stage vs my peers. Nothing is as nerve wracking to me as playing in an event like this

Comment

Good luck, Eric. Myself and my friends who watch are all cheering for you.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Canadian Zonal

Good luck Eric! May the Force be with you!

Comment

Re : Canadian Zonal

Originally posted by Claude Lalumière View Post
              The list of participants to the Canadian Zonal has been updated. You can find information about the Championship and the list of participants at : http://ccc2012.yolasite.com/
              Links for the pairings/results and live games are or will be available on the tournament web site in the "Pairings" section

Comment

Canadian Zonal Games

The list of participants to the Canadian Zonal has been updated. You can find information about the Championship and the list of participants at : http://ccc2012.yolasite.com/
                What do I click on to get the LIVE games OR is that not set up yet?

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Re : Canadian Zonal

Links for the pairings/results and live games are or will be available on the tournament web site in the "Pairings" section
                  Seems funny that LEUTSCHAFT Martin is the 35th seed but his rating is 2143. Shouldn't he be higher

Comment

Re : Canadian Zonal Games

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
                    What do I click on to get the LIVE games OR is that not set up yet?

Thanks.
                    First round is at 4 PM !

Comment

Live game from the Zonal on Mon Roi web site: http://monroi.com/chess-games.html

Comment

Round 1
                        Results on the first 3 boards
                        Draw between Michael SONG and GM Anton KOVALYOV
                        GM Bator SAMBUEV won against Claude CARRIER
                        Martial LAROCHELLE lost against IM Nikolay NORITSYN Nikolay

Comment

Yaaaaaaah :)

Go Hart House Diehards: Geordie, Humphreys, Lali !
                          And go Qiyu, our guest for a few months a little while back.

Alex F.

Comment

All games from round 1 except one are available in pgn format on the tournament web site in the pairings/results section.
                            Last edited by Claude Lalumière; Sunday, 5th August, 2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

On the first two boards tonight

Noritsyn vs Sambuev

and

Kovalyov vs Guerzoy

Comment

The game scores on the organizer's page seem incomplete after round 1. Has anyone else noticed this?

http://ccc2012.yolasite.com/pairings.php

Comment

Working...
                                X