Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

Dear Peter,
    Instead of focusing on Paul why not focus on the many papers included in his article that support that masks have mo efficacy when it comes to preventing
    viral tra\smission.Sorry but you can attac\k his character all you want but something that hangs in the air for up to four hours and is 1/30th the size of the gaps that
    a mask offers will not convince me in a million years that masks have any efficacy, but you want to believe pseudoscience be my guest,
    "
    Please follow our great health minister's insistence that peer-reviewed science that taking supplements like vitamin d help prevent COVId is just "fake news!"! Heck, why do any critical\ thinking at all, just blindly follow the dictates of your great political leaders, why waste money on science! Yep, don't think at all, just let the govt and mass media do the thinking for you!
    Sid, you are missing the point. Recent arguments are all about the credibility of news sources. Peter has totally destroyed the credibility of your sources. Thanks Peter!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Sid, you are missing the point. Recent arguments are all about the credibility of news sources. Peter has totally destroyed the credibility of your sources. Thanks Peter!
      You missed the point, finding a contrary article does nothing unless you can refute scientific facts. At least Egidus Zermoskis cites science when he argues a point, that I am happy to discuss. Politics has no place in science, again, let this sink in, when we are talking about "credible news sources." our minister of health considers peer-reviewed science "fake news". Her information comes from where "factchckers.org"?? Please tell me the scientific credentials of the author Peter cited....oh yes, I checked, umm.. ZERO credentials.

Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 23rd April, 2021, 09:58 PM.

Comment

You missed the point, finding a contrary article does nothing unless you can refute scientific facts. At least Egidus Zermoskis cites science when he argues a point, that I am happy to discuss. Politics has no place in science, again, let this sink in, when we are talking about "credible news sources." our minister of health considers peer-reviewed science "fake news". Her information comes from where "factchckers.org"?? Please tell me the scientific credentials of the author Peter cited....oh yes, I checked, umm.. ZERO credentials.

Sid, I for one am still with you on the argument that we should at the very least investigate the use of nutraceuticals at the earliest stages of covid. It only stands to reason that we should investigate anything that seems like it might help.

However I cannot be with you on masks. But Sid I will give you a chance to prove masks and lockdowns don't help. We are now going through the so-called "3rd Wave" of covid worldwide. In the previous 2 waves, cases and deaths around the globe spiked when mask requirements and lockdowns were relaxed. So each time, the mask requirements and lockdowns were tightened up again, correct? And in each case, the tightening of these restrictions did cause the cases and deaths (raw numbers, not percentages) to go down. Correct? Or not correct?

So I guess what I'm saying is, can you provide facts (evidence) showing that making people wear masks and instituting lockdowns / curfews did NOT reduce cases and deaths (raw numbers) over the ensuing weeks?

Everyone is keeping records of deaths and cases. Don't try bringing up that cases are being counted that aren't really cases of covid, or deaths are being reported that aren't deaths due to covid, because that would imply that every government around the world is in cahoots to fake these numbers -- that is, to jack up these numbers when restrictions are loosened and then bring them down when restrictions are reimposed.

And that isn't scientific fact. So just use the numbers that are being actually reported.
        Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Friday, 23rd April, 2021, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• I like the videos Kevin posted today by experts in the field.
          http://www.spraggettonchess.com/more-expert-opinion/

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

You say (in another of your posts) that I'm drinking the Kool-Aid. So, let's see what you've given us in the above post. Let's see "what actual scientists say."

aier = American Institute for Economic Research. Here's something interesting from a Wikipedia article about AIER (I know, I know. You can't always trust Wiki but.....still.):

AIER statements and publications portray the risks of climate change as minor and manageable,[8] with titles such as "What Greta Thunberg Forgets About Climate Change", "The Real Reason Nobody Takes Environmental Activists Seriously" and "Brazilians Should Keep Slashing Their Rainforest".[9][10][11]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amer...nomic_Research

Sounds a bit iffy from my perspective. Climate change minor and manageable? Does AIER publish the 'truth' or is it just another American organization publishing more politically-slanted crap masquerading as the truth? Maybe I shouldn't judge an organization on the basis of a few sentences on Wiki?

OK, so let's take a look at the author of this article you think everyone should read: Paul Elias Alexander. Here's what AIER says about Alexander:

Paul E. Alexander received his bachelor’s degree in epidemiology from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, a master’s degree from Oxford University, and a PhD from McMaster University’s Department of Health Research Methods, Evidence, and Impact.

Sounds impressive although when I searched McMaster's website for an undergrad degree in epidemiology I couldn't find it. Doesn't mean it's not there.....somewhere. Here's what Wiki says about Alexander:

Paul Elias Alexander is a Canadian health researcher and a former Trump administration official at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. He attracted attention in 2020 when, as an aide to HHS assistant secretary for public affairs Michael Caputo, he pressured federal scientists and public health agencies to suppress and edit their COVID-19 reports to make them consistent with President Trump's rhetoric on COVID-19.[1][2]

So, your big scientist that you want to shove down everyone's throat was a propagandist for Donald Trump?? Wow, that's, um, unimpressive?

What else can we find out about Alexander? Here's an article from the Globe and Mail:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...ntroversy-for/

I love where Alexander says this:

"In a lengthy e-mail to The Globe and Mail on Wednesday and a subsequent interview, Dr. Alexander accused the CDC of “generating pseudo scientific reports” and said he was more qualified to analyze COVID-19 data than the 1,700 scientists at the agency.

“None of those people have my skills,” Dr. Alexander said. “I make the judgment whether this is crap.”"

Hey Sid, don't you just love it when someone's ego flows out of his/her mouth in a river of hubris? I also liked the part where McMaster issued a statement, last fall, distancing themselves from Alexander.

Sorry Sid. I'm going to pass on AIER and Paul E. Alexander. Do you have anything that, according to you, supports your position?

P.S. About that Kool-Aid - I think you're the one who's been drinking it, Sid. Have a nice trip and enjoy the patterns!!!

​​​​​​​
            Big thanks Peter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Big thanks Peter.
              Zero to do with the evidence and efficacy of masks discussed in the article. Can't kill the message so kill the messenger, how 2020 of you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Sid, I for one am still with you on the argument that we should at the very least investigate the use of nutraceuticals at the earliest stages of covid. It only stands to reason that we should investigate anything that seems like it might help.

However I cannot be with you on masks. But Sid I will give you a chance to prove masks and lockdowns don't help. We are now going through the so-called "3rd Wave" of covid worldwide. In the previous 2 waves, cases and deaths around the globe spiked when mask requirements and lockdowns were relaxed. So each time, the mask requirements and lockdowns were tightened up again, correct? And in each case, the tightening of these restrictions did cause the cases and deaths (raw numbers, not percentages) to go down. Correct? Or not correct?

So I guess what I'm saying is, can you provide facts (evidence) showing that making people wear masks and instituting lockdowns / curfews did NOT reduce cases and deaths (raw numbers) over the ensuing weeks?

Everyone is keeping records of deaths and cases. Don't try bringing up that cases are being counted that aren't really cases of covid, or deaths are being reported that aren't deaths due to covid, because that would imply that every government around the world is in cahoots to fake these numbers -- that is, to jack up these numbers when restrictions are loosened and then bring them down when restrictions are reimposed.

And that isn't scientific fact. So just use the numbers that are being actually reported.
                Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post
                Sid, I for one am still with you on the argument that we should at the very least investigate the use of nutraceuticals .
                Nothing further to discuss, at least 7 different treatments including nutraceuticals have already been investigated and proven to have efficacy. We don't need further investigation, that is propaganda to prolong the pandemic and vaccinate the world. Lockdowns and masks are pointless for an easily treatable virus. The PCR test is bullshit because it does not detect infectivity
                it only detects viral RNA that is not even necessarily from SARSCOV2. So the case numbers are meaningless as are the death numbers unless you want to believe that SARSCOV2 miraculously eradicated the flu.
                You have been scammed. Israel ironically is now facing a case in the International Criminal Court for Crimes against humanity. Namely forcing it's citizens to take an experimental vaccine for an easily treatable virus on account of a very lucrative deal they signed with Pfizer for vaccines.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/dr-su...RWubvvynQ.html
                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 25th April, 2021, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Sad...
                  https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...plan-1.5396804

Comment

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post
                    Could not agree more. What you are seeing is It is intentional criminal interference in access to healthcare by the Canadian government.
                    Ontario guidelines with respect to Vitamin D, Ivermectin, and HCQ, all medically harmless all proven to have efficacy at various stages of the disease.
                    Forbidden!

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/dr-su...Yt3qAWoaT.html

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/dr-si...oUHW98ErC.html
                    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 25th April, 2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I like the videos Kevin posted today by experts in the field.
                      http://www.spraggettonchess.com/more-expert-opinion/
                      I gave up believing anything posted in this thread some time ago, but when someone cites spraggettonchess all hope is truly lost!
                      Fred Harvey

Comment

• Just saw this article: https://link.springer.com/article/10...61-021-00147-3

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred Harvey View Post

I gave up believing anything posted in this thread some time ago, but when someone cites spraggettonchess all hope is truly lost!
                          Oh dear, can't have that! Here is the video he posted directly from the source!
                          https://odysee.com/@TLAVagabond:5/Dr...pjEi7o6SK1omtu

Comment

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post
                            ...brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

You say (in another of your posts) that I'm drinking the Kool-Aid. So, let's see what you've given us in the above post. Let's see "what actual scientists say."

aier = American Institute for Economic Research. Here's something interesting from a Wikipedia article about AIER (I know, I know. You can't always trust Wiki but.....still.):

AIER statements and publications portray the risks of climate change as minor and manageable,[8] with titles such as "What Greta Thunberg Forgets About Climate Change", "The Real Reason Nobody Takes Environmental Activists Seriously" and "Brazilians Should Keep Slashing Their Rainforest".[9][10][11]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amer...nomic_Research

Sounds a bit iffy from my perspective. Climate change minor and manageable? Does AIER publish the 'truth' or is it just another American organization publishing more politically-slanted crap masquerading as the truth? Maybe I shouldn't judge an organization on the basis of a few sentences on Wiki?

OK, so let's take a look at the author of this article you think everyone should read: Paul Elias Alexander. Here's what AIER says about Alexander:

Paul E. Alexander received his bachelor’s degree in epidemiology from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, a master’s degree from Oxford University, and a PhD from McMaster University’s Department of Health Research Methods, Evidence, and Impact.

Sounds impressive although when I searched McMaster's website for an undergrad degree in epidemiology I couldn't find it. Doesn't mean it's not there.....somewhere. Here's what Wiki says about Alexander:

Paul Elias Alexander is a Canadian health researcher and a former Trump administration official at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. He attracted attention in 2020 when, as an aide to HHS assistant secretary for public affairs Michael Caputo, he pressured federal scientists and public health agencies to suppress and edit their COVID-19 reports to make them consistent with President Trump's rhetoric on COVID-19.[1][2]

So, your big scientist that you want to shove down everyone's throat was a propagandist for Donald Trump?? Wow, that's, um, unimpressive?

What else can we find out about Alexander? Here's an article from the Globe and Mail:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...ntroversy-for/

I love where Alexander says this:

"In a lengthy e-mail to The Globe and Mail on Wednesday and a subsequent interview, Dr. Alexander accused the CDC of “generating pseudo scientific reports” and said he was more qualified to analyze COVID-19 data than the 1,700 scientists at the agency.

“None of those people have my skills,” Dr. Alexander said. “I make the judgment whether this is crap.”"

Hey Sid, don't you just love it when someone's ego flows out of his/her mouth in a river of hubris? I also liked the part where McMaster issued a statement, last fall, distancing themselves from Alexander.

Sorry Sid. I'm going to pass on AIER and Paul E. Alexander. Do you have anything that, according to you, supports your position?

P.S. About that Kool-Aid - I think you're the one who's been drinking it, Sid. Have a nice trip and enjoy the patterns!!!

Peter ,

Dd you know that Dr. Fauci himself recently said that science supports not wearing masks outdoors and that we can expect new guidelines this week from the CDC? "risk of contracting the virus outside is minuscule"!

"When you’re outdoors, keep the mask on,” he said back in August, though he acknowledged that being outdoors was significantly safer than being indoors.
                              Now, Fauci is saying that he believes the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will provide updated guidance on wearing face masks outdoors, and says it’s “common sense” to reconsider the guidance. I call it science, but I’ll take it.
                              Fauci also concedes that the risk of contracting COVID-19 while engaged in outdoor activities is “minuscule.”

Unlike our scientifically illiterate health minister who considers peer-reviewed science "fake news" Dr. Fauci in some ways is worst, he knows what peer-reviewed science is about and is sim[ly a fraudulent pharma-corrupted medical bureaucrat who says whatever suits his agenda and continually flip flops.

Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 26th April, 2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Nothing further to discuss, at least 7 different treatments including nutraceuticals have already been investigated and proven to have efficacy. We don't need further investigation, that is propaganda to prolong the pandemic and vaccinate the world. Lockdowns and masks are pointless for an easily treatable virus. The PCR test is bullshit because it does not detect infectivity
                                it only detects viral RNA that is not even necessarily from SARSCOV2. So the case numbers are meaningless as are the death numbers unless you want to believe that SARSCOV2 miraculously eradicated the flu.
                                You have been scammed. Israel ironically is now facing a case in the International Criminal Court for Crimes against humanity. Namely forcing it's citizens to take an experimental vaccine for an easily treatable virus on account of a very lucrative deal they signed with Pfizer for vaccines.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/dr-su...RWubvvynQ.html

I notice that you completely ignored the important part of my post, namely about wearing of masks:

"can you provide facts (evidence) showing that making people wear masks and instituting lockdowns / curfews did NOT reduce cases and deaths (raw numbers) over the ensuing weeks?

And that isn't scientific fact. So just use the numbers that are being actually reported."

Please address this question: is there anywhere in the world that cases did NOT come down once masks and lockdowns were introduced? I think this is absolutely vital to the issue. So if you claim there is such places, back it up with numbers recognized as authentic.

Comment

Working...
                                X