COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Now that a federal Emergency Situation has been declared by Prime Minister Trudeau, as of this afternoon, there are a couple of scenarios which could unfold, for the Ottawa occupation crisis.
    1) The blockaders and protesters decide to pack up and leave, over the next few days, say by the end of this week. Some or many may leave.
    2) The blockaders and protesters decide they are going to stay. Certain people among them have exhibited some of the following behavior: a) showing flags of Nazis, US Confederacy, etc;
    b) declaring they aim to overthrow the government unless ALL public health mandates and restrictions are lifted; c) vandalizing and destroying fences, parks, monuments, and other city installations; d) threatening residents and business employees; e) obviously illegal parking and blockading streets, etc.
    Now that the Windsor bridge blockade has been cleared, as of today, that will free up some of the police units assigned there, to potentially be reassigned to Ottawa.
    The Ottawa Police Chief has received a lot of criticism for not doing more. But I believe he has done his best.
    This is NO LONGER a police-only matter.
    We are talking about 400-500 transport trucks, with who knows how many people attached to each one. The Alberta blockade which was broken up revealed significant firearms and explosives being held by blockaders there. One has to assume the same for Ottawa.
    Some trucks have children actually living in them.
    Estimating an Order of Battle -- a military term -- is now required.
    I don't see an alternative to the Canadian Army being deployed, within a few days, if the blockaders continue to resist. And that means potential loss of life. Very scary.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
      Now that a federal Emergency Situation has been declared by Prime Minister Trudeau, as of this afternoon, there are a couple of scenarios which could unfold, for the Ottawa occupation crisis.
      1) The blockaders and protesters decide to pack up and leave, over the next few days, say by the end of this week. Some or many may leave.
      2) The blockaders and protesters decide they are going to stay. Certain people among them have exhibited some of the following behavior: a) showing flags of Nazis, US Confederacy, etc;
      b) declaring they aim to overthrow the government unless ALL public health mandates and restrictions are lifted; c) vandalizing and destroying fences, parks, monuments, and other city installations; d) threatening residents and business employees; e) obviously illegal parking and blockading streets, etc.
      Now that the Windsor bridge blockade has been cleared, as of today, that will free up some of the police units assigned there, to potentially be reassigned to Ottawa.
      The Ottawa Police Chief has received a lot of criticism for not doing more. But I believe he has done his best.
      This is NO LONGER a police-only matter.
      We are talking about 400-500 transport trucks, with who knows how many people attached to each one. The Alberta blockade which was broken up revealed significant firearms and explosives being held by blockaders there. One has to assume the same for Ottawa.
      Some trucks have children actually living in them.
      Estimating an Order of Battle -- a military term -- is now required.
      I don't see an alternative to the Canadian Army being deployed, within a few days, if the blockaders continue to resist. And that means potential loss of life. Very scary.
      https://rumble.com/vuyhi2-dr.-paul-a...in-trudeau.htm
      Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 14th February, 2022, 11:51 PM.

      Comment


      • Sweden's approach to COVID-19

        https://www.newstatesman.com/chart-o...lly-successful

        ~ Bob A (T-S/P)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
          Sweden's approach to COVID-19

          https://www.newstatesman.com/chart-o...lly-successful

          ~ Bob A (T-S/P)
          Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
          The country’s death rate is more than double that of Denmark, the next most affected Nordic state.
          Sweden's approach to COVID-19 )
          Bob, Maybe it is time you reevaluate who you believe. Denmark's deaths per million as of now are higher than Sweden's albeit they are both very close as one would expect.

          https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 7.00.59 AM.png
Views:	392
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	218165

          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Tuesday, 15th February, 2022, 08:06 AM.

          Comment


          • Thanks for the further information, Sid.

            Bob A

            Comment


            • https://www.factcheck.org/2022/02/sc...oosted-adults/

              Comment


              • https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...-failure-data/

                Misinformation FAQ Denmark Govt website against EXAGERATING COVID, especially Omicron.

                https://en.ssi.dk/covid-19/typical-m...-covid-numbers
                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Wednesday, 16th February, 2022, 04:31 PM.

                Comment


                • https://twitter.com/justintrudeau/st...22201187106816
                  "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

                  Comment


                  • With the recent resignation of Ottawa's Chief of Police, after his force's inability to make progress at breaking up the downtown blockade, I believe these questions need to be asked and answered by those in charge in Canada:
                    Was the Ottawa Police Chief pressured, during the crisis, into inaction from above? And if so, by who?
                    Granted, we have a very difficult problem, never before seen in Canada.
                    Notice of a crackdown has now been given to the Ottawa protesters, by the newly-established Combined Command Centre. Some protesters are leaving.
                    I believe the blockade will be lifted by early next week, with arrests and charges for those who defy the orders now in place pertaining to the federal Emergency, which was declared two days ago.
                    Two more items of interest:
                    1) Since the blockade in Ottawa began, some 20 days ago, more than two million Canadians have received vaccinations against COVID-19, now bringing our national total past 80 million, with a vaccine index at 211, that is, 211 vaccinations for every 100 Canadians, on average (from cnn.com today, from the Bloomberg site, and others;
                    2) The preliminary data for the 2021 Canadian census was released last week, showing our population to be now just under 37 million, as of the Census day, May 15, 2021. National and provincial COVID data needs to be updated to reflect this new information. The total is lower than expected; perhaps there was some under-reporting due to COVID conditions, and perhaps the death count is larger than announced. For example, wikipedia.org was quoting Q4 2021 Canadian population total at about 38 million, which was also the number used by thestar.com, the Toronto Star website. In a big picture sense, the national vaccine index should then be in the 213-214 range, instead of 211, and percentage of Canadians with two shots should then be about 83 to 84, instead of the announced 80.6. So we are doing even better than we thought!!

                    Comment


                    • [https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...45276251869193
                      Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Thursday, 17th February, 2022, 07:57 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Just published article about Covid and immunocompromised people:

                        https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ccines/622094/
                        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

                        Comment


                        • https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2789362

                          Comment


                          • "our study was not designed to assess the effects of ivermectin on mortality from COVID-19."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

                              "our study was not designed to assess the effects of ivermectin on mortality from COVID-19."
                              What about their main conclusion:
                              "In this randomized clinical trial of high-risk patients with mild to moderate COVID-19, ivermectin treatment during early illness did not prevent progression to severe disease. The study findings do not support the use of ivermectin for patients with COVID-19."

                              Comment


                              • Wow, there seems to be a non-mRNA vaccine about to be released for use, called Novavax. According to the article, it is much like the influenza vaccines, except that it is targeted to the spike proteins of the coronavirus:


                                Novavax COVID-19 vaccine approved for use in Canadian adults (msn.com)



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X