COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Covid-19 vaccines have saved more than 3 million lives in US, study says, but the fight isn’t over."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/13/healt...=1670932165649

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      "Covid-19 vaccines have saved more than 3 million lives in US, study says, but the fight isn’t over."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/13/healt...=1670932165649

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
      This is not a peer-reviewed study. it is a nonsensical piece of pharma-sponsored propaganda with so many holes in their data that I am not sure where to begin.

Comment

Human Health

COVID-19

Risk for Seniors Rising

Americas - USA

https://time.com/6240322/hospitaliza...lctg=206908353

According to the medical establishment, having my 5 vaccine shots will decrease substantially the negative consequences of the disease.

Do the "Naturalists" agree with this?

I do understand (If I'm wrong, correct me) that it is the position of the "Naturalists" that the negative consequences of the vaccine may kill me first.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Hi Bob,

I generally agree with Tom's post on this. Fortunately, the dominant Omicron strain is much less severe than the initial strains (probably a combination of some vaccine protection and just being a milder strain) . This year, I have only admitted 1 person from the ER who was in trouble with lung involvement (unvaccinated but also diabetic), in stark contrast to the early days of the pandemic where there were quite a few 20 and 30 year old patients requiring admission. In general the influenza A going around now is causing much more severe illness!

I think you can think of COVID at the moment the same way you think about flu. We advise at risk people (elderly, medical issues) to get the flu shot every year and I think COVID will be the same. Every year, I imagine a new vaccine will be available for the current strain, the same way as flu. If you want to get it, great...If you don't, then don't...COVID could mutate and become more severe, but the same thing can happen with influenza - it's really no different.

My story is similar to Tom's. I got Omicron in August, wasn't severe...lasted 3 days, and I got my flu shot this fall, but haven't gotten the COVID booster yet, as it was suggested waiting 3 months was appropriate. I haven't got around to going in for my booster, and I have no objection to getting it but it's not a big priority either, so I haven't done it yet. If someone came to me and offered it, I'd take it but too busy/lazy to book and go to a vaccine clinic! Incidentally, I should mention that whether you get COVID naturally or get the vaccine, your immunity will not be 100% and in both cases, it will not last (just like the flu shot)...Also, I'm sure there is some immunity present from getting even 1 dose of vaccine - even if it doesn't prevent infection, it would help you fight it.

Personally, I am not worried at all about the safety of the vaccines. With well over 10 billion doses of the various vaccines given worldwide, autoimmune side effects (which do occur and are potentially serious) are obviously pretty rare. Side effects from getting COVID are pretty rare too, but my feeling is they are more common. For example, I have personally seen 2 cases of myocarditis from COVID, several pulmonary emboli, an MI (heart attack), and a CVA (Stroke). These were all in the early days fortunately. I haven't seen any definite vaccine complications. I did see a DVT (leg blood clot) occurring about a month after vaccination, but these are pretty common in general, so pretty much impossible to say it was caused by vaccination.

Lastly, I have been seeing a fair amount of people who are still very worried about getting COVID. I point out to them that saying you'll never get COVID is probably not realistic. The virus is here to stay, and saying you'll never get it is like saying you'll never get flu for the rest of your life. The current variant is actually a good one to get, and I actually infected myself on purpose this summer for that reason! Not that I would advise anyone to do that, but I do tell people to go out, enjoy life and live their life. We got through the bad part of the pandemic and now we can get back to normality...

Comment

• Hi Dale:

Thanks for your detailed reply.

Bob A

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale Hoshizaki View Post

Hi Bob,

I generally agree with Tom's post on this. Fortunately, the dominant Omicron strain is much less severe than the initial strains (probably a combination of some vaccine protection and just being a milder strain) . This year, I have only admitted 1 person from the ER who was in trouble with lung involvement (unvaccinated but also diabetic), in stark contrast to the early days of the pandemic where there were quite a few 20 and 30 year old patients requiring admission. In general the influenza A going around now is causing much more severe illness!

I think you can think of COVID at the moment the same way you think about flu. We advise at risk people (elderly, medical issues) to get the flu shot every year and I think COVID will be the same. Every year, I imagine a new vaccine will be available for the current strain, the same way as flu. If you want to get it, great...If you don't, then don't...COVID could mutate and become more severe, but the same thing can happen with influenza - it's really no different.

My story is similar to Tom's. I got Omicron in August, wasn't severe...lasted 3 days, and I got my flu shot this fall, but haven't gotten the COVID booster yet, as it was suggested waiting 3 months was appropriate. I haven't got around to going in for my booster, and I have no objection to getting it but it's not a big priority either, so I haven't done it yet. If someone came to me and offered it, I'd take it but too busy/lazy to book and go to a vaccine clinic! Incidentally, I should mention that whether you get COVID naturally or get the vaccine, your immunity will not be 100% and in both cases, it will not last (just like the flu shot)...Also, I'm sure there is some immunity present from getting even 1 dose of vaccine - even if it doesn't prevent infection, it would help you fight it.

Personally, I am not worried at all about the safety of the vaccines. With well over 10 billion doses of the various vaccines given worldwide, autoimmune side effects (which do occur and are potentially serious) are obviously pretty rare. Side effects from getting COVID are pretty rare too, but my feeling is they are more common. For example, I have personally seen 2 cases of myocarditis from COVID, several pulmonary emboli, an MI (heart attack), and a CVA (Stroke). These were all in the early days fortunately. I haven't seen any definite vaccine complications. I did see a DVT (leg blood clot) occurring about a month after vaccination, but these are pretty common in general, so pretty much impossible to say it was caused by vaccination.

Lastly, I have been seeing a fair amount of people who are still very worried about getting COVID. I point out to them that saying you'll never get COVID is probably not realistic. The virus is here to stay, and saying you'll never get it is like saying you'll never get flu for the rest of your life. The current variant is actually a good one to get, and I actually infected myself on purpose this summer for that reason! Not that I would advise anyone to do that, but I do tell people to go out, enjoy life and live their life. We got through the bad part of the pandemic and now we can get back to normality...
            Dale the booster vaccines are already useless, as the virus they were made for is already gone. The same is true for Flu vaccines by the way which is equally as useless for the same reason.

All risk of adverse side effects with ZERO benefits.

Low neutralization of SARS-CoV-2 Omicron BA.2.75.2, BQ.1.1, and XBB.1 by parental mRNA vaccine or a BA.5-bivalent booster

"however, the BA.5-bivalent-booster did not produce robust neutralization against the newly emerged BA.2.75.2, BQ.1.1, or XBB.1"

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-02162-x

PS: Reading your commentary, I do not think you have a clue about the molecular biology of the spike protein or even how mRNA "vaccines" work. Your profound ignorance of this vital topic is a disgrace to your medical profession.
            Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Wednesday, 14th December, 2022, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• FYI

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/s...63432788635651

Comment

• Florida will hold the medical establishment accountable by:
                • Creating a grand jury to investigate mRNA shots & Big Pharma
                • Investigating cardiac-related deaths tied to the mRNA vaccine*
                • Forming a Public Health Integrity Committee to oversee the medical establishment

Together with Elon Musk's Twitter file releases showing a coordinated attack targeting scientific dissenters to control the narrative around COVID-19 should be quite illuminating.

State of Sunshine indeed!

*This was (cardiac-related deaths), my concern for being and remaining unvaccinated.

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Tuesday, 13th December, 2022, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• Important speech by UK Mp

Comment

• Human Health

COVID-19 2023 Projections

Asia - China

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...YD.RV_9ogzcHPQ

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• It only took the FDA two years to figure this out. This was obvious that this would happen to any Dr or Scientist that was worth their salt before the rollout even started.

Vaccines linked to blood Clots: FDA

"Four outcomes met the threshold for a statistical signal following BNT162b2 vaccination including pulmonary embolism (PE; RR = 1.54), acute myocardial infarction (AMI; RR = 1.42), disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC; RR = 1.91), and immune thrombocytopenia (ITP; RR = 1.44)."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...64410X22014931

https://twitter.com/DrAseemMalhotra/...88906941685762

Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 18th December, 2022, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• https://www.cp24.com/news/ontarians-...inds-1.6196510

Ontarians unvaccinated against COVID-19 may be more at risk of traffic crashes, study finds

Individuals not vaccinated against COVID-19 may have an increased risk of being involved in a traffic crash in Ontario, a new study has found.

“This does not mean COVID-19 vaccination directly prevents traffic crashes,” Dr. Donald Redelmeier, principal investigator and senior scientist at Sunnybrook Research Institute, said in a statement.

“Instead, it suggests that adults who do not follow public health advice may also neglect the rules of the road.”

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002...822-1/fulltext

Comment

• https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002...822-1/fulltext

A total of 11,270,763 individuals were included, of whom 16% had not received a COVID vaccine and 84% had received a COVID vaccine.

Comment

• The Conclusion of the study cited by Neil (Post # 3222 above):

Conclusions

These data suggest that COVID vaccine hesitancy [Resisting Vaccination] is associated with significant increased risks of a traffic crash. An awareness of these risks might help to encourage more COVID vaccination.

Somebody help me on this..........why does having a vaccine jab make you a better driver???

What is this study trying to establish?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

The Conclusion of the study cited by Neil (Post # 3222 above):

Conclusions

These data suggest that COVID vaccine hesitancy [Resisting Vaccination] is associated with significant increased risks of a traffic crash. An awareness of these risks might help to encourage more COVID vaccination.

Somebody help me on this..........why does having a vaccine jab make you a better driver???

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                              How much stupidity will the gullible public believe from pharma-corrupted journals? Perhaps, trying to establish a new disease My O CAR ditis :-) ?
                              Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 18th December, 2022, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Conspiracy theory: this will give cover for insurers to be able to ask for vaccine information under the guise of relevancy, then make people who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford car insurance have to get vaccinated.
                                "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X