Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why Billionaires won't save us.

    ​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_634...hangingClimate

    Comment


    • Climate Change Political Analysis (Not just a "nature" problem)

      Recent Book - "Climate Change As Class War, Building Socialism on a Warming Planet"

      Book Review


      "While making excellent critiques of the current movement against climate disaster ,this book does not live up to its promising title. It ends up with a reformist strategy while making several good contributions along the way."

      https://sleigh1917.medium.com/climat...t-8f246d89a3fc

      ~ Bob A (T-S/P)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
        Why Billionaires won't save us.

        ​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_634...hangingClimate
        Bob, not only will they not save us, but I will make a radical statement and say they want most of us dead. Here is the history and why I say that.

        1)"We should be concerned about the “green” financial swindle that is underway right now. It is not just a financial swindle, but one of the largest natural land resources grabs in the history of humanity"

        https://expose-news.com/2022/01/20/a...limate-change/

        2)"According to such Great Reset luminaries as Bill Gates, Prince Charles, Michael Bloomberg, Mark Carney and Klaus Schwab, humanity is expected to solve the dual threat of Covid and global warming in one revolutionary sweeping reform".

        https://expose-news.com/2022/08/28/m...limate-change/

        3) One of the Club of Rome (WEF predecessor) associates was Maurice Strong's well known revulsion for people. "In his 2000 autobiography, he dreamt of the day when two-thirds of the world’s population might be wiped out." He was the main mentor to Klauss Schwabb and the chief architect of the climate change movement.


        https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...mate-hysteria/

        4) “The transition from using Covid to using Climate Change as the justification for implementing the Fourth Industrial Revolution and the “digital transformation” of the economy and society is well underway”

        https://expose-news.com/2021/10/19/t...nd-society-is/

        5)Day 6 Grand Jury Proceeding the Peoples’ Court of Public Opinion, Matthew Ehret: testimony incl Maurice Strong, Thomas Malthus, Francis Galton, Thomas Huxley, Adolf Hitler, Julian Huxley, UNESCO, Club of Rome, World Health Organisation, John Holdren.

        https://expose-news.com/2022/03/01/h...ame-thinkable/

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
          Why Billionaires won't save us.

          ​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_634...hangingClimate
          Bob, acting in one's self-interest (who does not do it?) is perfectly legitimate, provided it does not harm anyone else. And so what we need is a very strong 'natural justice system' to ensure that the victim gets compensated, and the perpetrator gets punished adequately, if such harm is obvious.
          What we also need is a government which gets rid of all the corrupt and senseless laws which enable some to become rich way beyond they deserve for their efforts...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post

            "Building Socialism on a Warming Planet"


            ~ Bob A (T-S/P)
            ...is like pouring gasoline on a raging fire...
            Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Monday, 29th August, 2022, 10:04 PM.

            Comment


            • CT Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change Thread

              Week # 35 (22/8/23 – 22/8/29 – 7 days)

              Weekly Stats:
              .....................................................2022 Average..........................................................2022 Average
              Last Week's......Prior Week's........Views/Day..........Last Week's.....Prior Week's......Responses/Day
              Views/Day........Views/Day.............(34 wks.)........Responses/Day....Resp./Day......... (34 Wks.).

              ...60..........................74..........................49........................3...............................4.....................3.........

              Background

              On Aug. 2, 2022, ChessTalk initiated a new forum called “The Non-Chess Forum”. Henry, owner of CT, has undertaken to change the homepage to clearly indicate that ChessTalk now has 3 forums (Though it has not yet been carried out) – it is not obvious that there are three forums – newbies would not know to click on “forum” to get the drop-down menu of forums (it is not an obviously link).

              Analysis of Last Weeks Stats

              The bottom line is that activity, in terms of “views, has been increasing throughout 2022......we are well ahead each week now, of the 2022 Average.

              Climate Change Thread “Responses”

              There are lots of climate change articles out there.

              This thread encourages CT'ers to re-post responses here when they see climate change posts of interest elsewhere. ChessTalkers have been quite active posting “responses”.

              I personally, as the thread originator, am shooting to post a new response at least every 2nd day, but am sometimes falling short on this, depending on the amount of time I have to be on-line, which is limited.

              The Pressing Climate Change Issue

              The core issue:

              Building a sense of URGENCY on this issue in society. We must realize that we cannot kick it down the road any longer!

              The public is aware of the climate change issue.......

              BUT.....

              climate activists must find strategies to “AWAKEN” the public to the “urgency”.

              Secondary Issue

              Actively responding to posts by those claiming that negative climate change is just “natural” (Cyclical over long eons), and that Man's contribution to it is negligible.

              The Time Line

              Nature's Tipping point is estimated to be, on current trajectory, only 9 years away (Around Jan. 1, 2031). Capping the temperature rise at only 1.5 degrees Celsius is now impossible (UN Climate Change Panel's most recent report). UNCCP noted that current government deadlines were totally insufficient to solve the problem. CO 2 must be capped by 2025! And for the first time, CO 2 “removal” has now become a necessary part of the solution, along with eliminating spewing of greenhouse gases into our atmosphere.

              Our window of opportunity is fast closing.

              The Large Picture Solutions

              Can we come up with at least one or two viable suggestions of impressive, radical things that might wake up the public, that we could then put out there to other concerned client activists?

              CT'ers' Local Actions on Climate Change

              You can do something! When you like one of this thread's links on an aspect of climate change, spread the news by posting it to your social media accounts and other Websites/Discussion Boards you participate in!

              ~ Bob (T-S/P)

              ClimateChange2.jpg
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

                What we also need is a government which gets rid of all the corrupt and senseless laws which enable some to become rich way beyond they deserve for their efforts...
                Then would you consider my proposed billionaire tax?

                Bob's billionaire tax

                A new tax on wealth, above and beyond whatever taxes are already in place.

                On an annual basis, taxpayer reports total global wealth. Non cash items valued at fair market value.
                Tax on first $1 billion = zero %
                Tax on wealth above $1 billion = 100%

                For example: Billionaire x has wealth of $5 billion, tax is $4 billion.

                It effectively caps wealth at $1 billion. Seriously, nobody needs more than a billion dollars.







                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

                  Then would you consider my proposed billionaire tax?

                  Bob's billionaire tax

                  A new tax on wealth, above and beyond whatever taxes are already in place.

                  On an annual basis, taxpayer reports total global wealth. Non cash items valued at fair market value.
                  Tax on first $1 billion = zero %
                  Tax on wealth above $1 billion = 100%

                  For example: Billionaire x has wealth of $5 billion, tax is $4 billion.

                  It effectively caps wealth at $1 billion. Seriously, nobody needs more than a billion dollars.
                  Pretty substantial but I can't say you're wrong. This is more wealth than anyone can reasonably hope to even spend, and it just ends up being passed down the generations, never once being put to use for good.

                  Comment


                  • Without Growth ... what is there?

                    You want Growth for your family.
                    You want Growth for your business, your organizations, your charities.
                    Etc.., etc., etc.!

                    And yet, at the very same time ... you want to stunt Growth, ha!
                    Or worse, stop Growth altogether!
                    That's insane.
                    100% against nature. 100% unnatural!

                    It is never ever about greed ... it is all about Growth.

                    You hate Redwood trees too???
                    Stunt them down!!!

                    You can't have it both ways ... sorries kiddies.




                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

                      Then would you consider my proposed billionaire tax?

                      Bob's billionaire tax

                      A new tax on wealth, above and beyond whatever taxes are already in place.

                      On an annual basis, taxpayer reports total global wealth. Non cash items valued at fair market value.
                      Tax on first $1 billion = zero %
                      Tax on wealth above $1 billion = 100%

                      For example: Billionaire x has wealth of $5 billion, tax is $4 billion.

                      It effectively caps wealth at $1 billion. Seriously, nobody needs more than a billion dollars.






                      Never...
                      Please read Neil's post above...

                      Comment


                      • Negative Anthropogenic Climate Change

                        Americas - Western USA

                        "As Colorado River Dries, the U.S. Teeters on the Brink of Larger Water Crisis

                        The megadrought gripping the western states is only part of the problem. Alternative sources of water are also imperiled, and the nation’s food along with it."

                        https://www.propublica.org/article/c...=pocket-newtab

                        ~ Bob A (T-S/P)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                          Without Growth ... what is there?

                          You want Growth for your family.
                          You want Growth for your business, your organizations, your charities.
                          Etc.., etc., etc.!

                          And yet, at the very same time ... you want to stunt Growth, ha!
                          Or worse, stop Growth altogether!
                          That's insane.
                          100% against nature. 100% unnatural!

                          It is never ever about greed ... it is all about Growth.

                          You hate Redwood trees too???
                          Stunt them down!!!

                          You can't have it both ways ... sorries kiddies.




                          The Sopranos salutes you Neil! Growth for their family, that's all they wanted! LOL

                          The Covid-19 virus also salutes you Neil! They want growth too! So what if humans die in the process?

                          So according to you, we should do literally nothing when covid or Ebola or Marburgh viruses spread around the world. Let them grow! It's natural!

                          Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post


                            The Sopranos salutes you Neil! Growth for their family, that's all they wanted! LOL

                            The Covid-19 virus also salutes you Neil! They want growth too! So what if humans die in the process?

                            So according to you, we should do literally nothing when covid or Ebola or Marburgh viruses spread around the world. Let them grow! It's natural!

                            Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

                            I'm not vaccinated ... sorry PP what's your point?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post


                              I'm not vaccinated ... sorry PP what's your point?

                              Ok, I guess I have to explain it, although it was very obvious to me.

                              Bob Gillanders proposes a billionaires' tax for any (income? or wealth? I'm not sure which) above $1 billion U.S. money.

                              You respond by saying Bob G. is against growth ... ANY growth. You said this goes against nature. it is unnatural, and that everybody wants growth. Therefore by your reasoning we should support all growth.

                              So I respond to you that viruses want growth too, and so we should not fight in ANY way the growth of viruses, even if it means millions if not billions of humans die to allow a virus to grow. So when a virus appears on the scene, we should not fight it, not create vaccines against it, not wear masks or social distance, not do ANYTHING to stop the virus' growth. That is in accordance with your argument that fighting growth is against nature.

                              You simple got it all wrong, my friend. Bob G. is NOT against all growth. He is against EXCESSIVE growth, specifically of anyone's net worth or income or wealth, and he has named his number, it is $1 billion U.S. money. I'm just not sure if he means income or wealth, he can answer that.

                              I think it is ok to be against anything that could be considered in excess. Here are the top 10 billionaires and their net worth as of this month of August 2022:
                              1. Elon Musk — $251 billion
                              2. Jeff Bezos — $153 billion
                              3. Gautam Adani — $137 billion
                              4. Bernard Arnault — $136 billion
                              5. Bill Gates — $117 billion
                              6. Warren Buffett — $100 billion
                              7. Larry Page — $93.3 billion
                              8. Sergey Brin — $95.8 billion
                              9. Steve Ballmer — $93.7 billion
                              10. Larry Ellison — $93.3 billion
                              These numbers are all EXCESSIVE to the extreme. Not to Dilip Panjwani, maybe not to Sid Belzberg, but both Dilip and Sid have bemoaned the growth of Big Pharma, so they contradict themselves, or at least Dilip does. I mean, if Elon Must can have $251 billion and that is ok, why can't Big Pharma have that amount too? Oh, Big Pharma is engaging in some kind of criminal behavior, crimes against humanity .... what about those top 10 billionaires? How did they get all that wealth? How many people DIED because of them or LOST THEIR LIVELIHOOD because of them? Dilip will not talk about that, he will only say let's not limit their wealth.

                              But Big Pharma, oooooh, bad guys, let's limit their wealth.

                              You guys are all drowning in a sea of hypocrisy and double standards.

                              This has NOTHING to do with whether anyone is vaccinated or not. But i guess you didn't understand that. I hope you do now.


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post


                                Ok, I guess I have to explain it, although it was very obvious to me.

                                Bob Gillanders proposes a billionaires' tax for any (income? or wealth? I'm not sure which) above $1 billion U.S. money.

                                You respond by saying Bob G. is against growth ... ANY growth. You said this goes against nature. it is unnatural, and that everybody wants growth. Therefore by your reasoning we should support all growth.

                                So I respond to you that viruses want growth too, and so we should not fight in ANY way the growth of viruses, even if it means millions if not billions of humans die to allow a virus to grow. So when a virus appears on the scene, we should not fight it, not create vaccines against it, not wear masks or social distance, not do ANYTHING to stop the virus' growth. That is in accordance with your argument that fighting growth is against nature.

                                You simple got it all wrong, my friend. Bob G. is NOT against all growth. He is against EXCESSIVE growth, specifically of anyone's net worth or income or wealth, and he has named his number, it is $1 billion U.S. money. I'm just not sure if he means income or wealth, he can answer that.

                                I think it is ok to be against anything that could be considered in excess. Here are the top 10 billionaires and their net worth as of this month of August 2022:
                                1. Elon Musk — $251 billion
                                2. Jeff Bezos — $153 billion
                                3. Gautam Adani — $137 billion
                                4. Bernard Arnault — $136 billion
                                5. Bill Gates — $117 billion
                                6. Warren Buffett — $100 billion
                                7. Larry Page — $93.3 billion
                                8. Sergey Brin — $95.8 billion
                                9. Steve Ballmer — $93.7 billion
                                10. Larry Ellison — $93.3 billion
                                These numbers are all EXCESSIVE to the extreme. Not to Dilip Panjwani, maybe not to Sid Belzberg, but both Dilip and Sid have bemoaned the growth of Big Pharma, so they contradict themselves, or at least Dilip does. I mean, if Elon Must can have $251 billion and that is ok, why can't Big Pharma have that amount too? Oh, Big Pharma is engaging in some kind of criminal behavior, crimes against humanity .... what about those top 10 billionaires? How did they get all that wealth? How many people DIED because of them or LOST THEIR LIVELIHOOD because of them? Dilip will not talk about that, he will only say let's not limit their wealth.

                                But Big Pharma, oooooh, bad guys, let's limit their wealth.

                                You guys are all drowning in a sea of hypocrisy and double standards.

                                This has NOTHING to do with whether anyone is vaccinated or not. But i guess you didn't understand that. I hope you do now.

                                You know that wonderful chess variant you've come up with ... what's its name again?

                                You want that to grow?

                                Do ya?

                                No such thing as 'excessive growth'. Crazy to even try to make up such a term. That too is insane.

                                Where should the number of downloads of your chess variant cease?

                                1 billion ... 2 billion?

                                Where?

                                PP ... you don't need a safe room.

                                You never did.

                                K?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X