Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Anthropogenic Climate Change

Time-line of the Problem

Emergency or NOT Emergency?

"In Spite of Overarching Challenges, the Liberals [Canada] Remain Unduly Fixated on a ‘Climate Emergency’"

What do CT'ers think of the perspective of this article from the very conservative (My Assessment) "Epoch Times"?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/joe-ol...utm_content=11

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
    I would much prefer you stick to links that are free public access. Epoch Times requires an email and password to read their stuff. I am not going to create an account and login to read something from a source I consider radical extreme right. Sorry Bob. But if you would like to do a coles notes summary, I will read that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
      "Human society took a great leap forward in the 11K yrs of the Holocene - 65% of it was warmer than today. If the Holocene is overlain by 3 recent interglacial periods, you can see a pattern. We must prepare for a fall into ice & cold. Cold is the real killer, not warmth."

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 10.25.20 PM.png Views:	6 Size:	739.8 KB ID:	222152
      Sid, so according to this chart you have posted, 2000-2014 is tagged as the end of Modern Warm Period.
      So the last 8 years (2014-2022) is the beginning of a Mini Ice Age. Am I reading that correctly?

So how long until it actually starts gets colder?
      Is there going to be lots of snow this winter?
      Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Sunday, 9th October, 2022, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Sid, so according to this chart you have posted, 2000-2014 is tagged as the end of Modern Warm Period.
        So the last 8 years (2014-2022) is the beginning of a Mini Ice Age. Am I reading that correctly?

So how long until it actually starts gets colder?
        Is there going to be lots of snow this winter?
        Based on past patterns, the cold period could start sometime in the next century, the scale of the graph is not precise enough to show within a single decade when this change will occur, each little bump on the x-axis of the graph appears to represent a century. 2014 happens to be when this data was presented. The author is predicting that the average temp will drop over the next several hundred years.
        It appears that in the last 11 thousand years much higher temperatures persisted long before industrial CO2 was in the atmosphere, ie: ancient Roman times.
        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 9th October, 2022, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Hi Bob G:

I do usually make a note where there is a paywall at the article source. But I don't if a free account gets you to the article. As you said, people decide whether or not the article is worth the effort.

Personally, I get the Echo Times newsletter, and a weekly right-wing one from another Canadian media outlet (The name escapes me at the moment), because I want to know what the other side is putting out, and what our right-wing friends are reading.

Unfortunately, I am finding there is a lot of money behind these right wing media sites (Like Fox News in the USA). The articles are very professionally done, the author's resume is always impressive, and the overall format of the newsletter looks like the one for any mainstream media. A left-winger spots the article's spin right away........but to someone non-partisan in the centre, what the headline implies will be taken at face value.......scary.

Bob A

Comment

Hi Bob G:

Personally, I get the Echo Times newsletter, and a weekly right-wing one from another Canadian media outlet (The name escapes me at the moment), because I want to know what the other side is putting out, and what our right-wing friends are reading.
            A left-winger spots the article's spin right away........but to someone non-partisan in the centre, what the headline implies will be taken at face value.......scary.

Bob A
            Hi Bob A.
            I hope that you realize that vice-versa is just as true...
            Hence do not go on opinions ... go by facts...
            D

Comment

• Hi Dilip:

The well-intentioned on the right, middle and left all are "truth-seekers". They seek "facts".

That there can be such different statements about a "fact" indicates that today, more so than in the past, finding truth is not so easy. There is often a ton of information; some deliberately promote false news to create confusion; there can be mistakes behind statements put forward with the best of intentions; experts on both sides of the issues seem to have good, legitimate credentials.

But if even one truth/fact can get consensus, society inches forward a bit more with more common ground than it had before.

Of course, severe polarization lessens the sincere attempt to understand the opposition, and decreases the chance of finding common ground.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• ChessTalk Negative Anthropogenic Climate Change (NACC) Thread

Week # 41 (22/10/4 – 22/10/10 – 7 days)

Weekly Stats:
                .....................................................2022 Average..........................................................2022 Average
                Last Week's......Prior Week's........Views/Day..........Last Week's.....Prior Week's......Responses/Day
                Views/Day........Views/Day.............(41 wks.)........Responses/Day....Resp./Day......... (41 wks.).

...43..........................29..........................50........................2....................1..........................3.........

Analysis of Last Weeks Stats

Activity last week was higher than last week, and close to the average throughout 2022 so far.

But this is not unusual, given there were fewer response posts than the 2022 average. With fewer response posts, the viewership, of course, goes down. More response posts equals higher viewer participation.

Climate Change Thread “Responses”

There are lots of climate change articles out there, both on negative anthropogenic climate change, and negative natural climate change.

This thread encourages CT'ers on all sides to re-post here, as responses, the climate change posts of interest they see elsewhere. Overall, ChessTalker's have been quite active here in posting “responses” and it seems that chessplayers across Canada re wanting information on climate change, a challenge unlike any our species has ever faced before.

Note: I personally, as the thread originator, am trying to post a new response at least every 2nd day, but admit my busy schedule means I am sometimes falling short on this. So it is great that a number of other CT'ers are posting responses here somewhat regularly.

The Pressing Climate Change Issue

The core issue:

Building a sense of URGENCY on this issue in society. We must realize that we cannot kick it down the road any longer!

The public is aware of the climate change issue.......

BUT.....

climate activists must find strategies to “AWAKEN” the public to the “urgency”.

It is expected, though somewhat disheartening, to see other negative issues of the day climb immediately to the top of the public's agenda, with climate change being sometimes substantially downgraded in importance. We will all pay for this.........

The Time Line

Nature's Tipping point is estimated to be, on current trajectory, only 9 years away (Around Jan. 1, 2031). Capping the temperature rise at only 1.5 degrees Celsius (the original international target) is now impossible (UN Climate Change Panel's most recent report). Their position is that the problem at this time is mostly due to human activity, and that radical change in our method of living is the only way to avoid this rising, very problematic, temperature. UNCCP noted that current government deadlines were totally insufficient to solve the problem. CO 2 must be capped by 2025! And for the first time, CO 2 “removal” has now become a necessary part of the solution, along with “eliminating” the spewing of greenhouse gases into our atmosphere by human activity.

Our window of opportunity is fast closing.

The Large Picture Solutions

Can we come up with at least one viable suggestion of some impressive, radical thing that might wake up the public, that we could then put out there to other concerned climate activists?

CT'ers' Local Actions on Climate Change

You can do something! When you like one of this thread's links on an aspect of climate change, spread the news by posting it to your social media accounts and other Websites/Discussion Boards you participate in!

~ Bob (T-S/P)

Comment

ChessTalk Negative Anthropogenic Climate Change (NACC) Thread

Week # 41 (22/10/4 – 22/10/10 – 7 days)

Weekly Stats:
                  .....................................................2022 Average..........................................................2022 Average
                  Last Week's......Prior Week's........Views/Day..........Last Week's.....Prior Week's......Responses/Day
                  Views/Day........Views/Day.............(41 wks.)........Responses/Day....Resp./Day......... (41 wks.).

...43..........................29..........................50........................2....................1..........................3.........

Analysis of Last Weeks Stats

Activity last week was higher than last week, and close to the average throughout 2022 so far.

But this is not unusual, given there were fewer response posts than the 2022 average. With fewer response posts, the viewership, of course, goes down. More response posts equals higher viewer participation.

Climate Change Thread “Responses”

There are lots of climate change articles out there, both on negative anthropogenic climate change, and negative natural climate change.

This thread encourages CT'ers on all sides to re-post here, as responses, the climate change posts of interest they see elsewhere. Overall, ChessTalker's have been quite active here in posting “responses” and it seems that chessplayers across Canada re wanting information on climate change, a challenge unlike any our species has ever faced before.

Note: I personally, as the thread originator, am trying to post a new response at least every 2nd day, but admit my busy schedule means I am sometimes falling short on this. So it is great that a number of other CT'ers are posting responses here somewhat regularly.

The Pressing Climate Change Issue

The core issue:

Building a sense of URGENCY on this issue in society. We must realize that we cannot kick it down the road any longer!

The public is aware of the climate change issue.......

BUT.....

climate activists must find strategies to “AWAKEN” the public to the “urgency”.

It is expected, though somewhat disheartening, to see other negative issues of the day climb immediately to the top of the public's agenda, with climate change being sometimes substantially downgraded in importance. We will all pay for this.........

The Time Line

Nature's Tipping point is estimated to be, on current trajectory, only 9 years away (Around Jan. 1, 2031). Capping the temperature rise at only 1.5 degrees Celsius (the original international target) is now impossible (UN Climate Change Panel's most recent report). Their position is that the problem at this time is mostly due to human activity, and that radical change in our method of living is the only way to avoid this rising, very problematic, temperature. UNCCP noted that current government deadlines were totally insufficient to solve the problem. CO 2 must be capped by 2025! And for the first time, CO 2 “removal” has now become a necessary part of the solution, along with “eliminating” the spewing of greenhouse gases into our atmosphere by human activity.

Our window of opportunity is fast closing.

The Large Picture Solutions

Can we come up with at least one viable suggestion of some impressive, radical thing that might wake up the public, that we could then put out there to other concerned climate activists?

CT'ers' Local Actions on Climate Change

You can do something! When you like one of this thread's links on an aspect of climate change, spread the news by posting it to your social media accounts and other Websites/Discussion Boards you participate in!

~ Bob (T-S/P)
                  And you expect us to put our faith in the "altruisitc" policies of our Government? Interesting how you play lip service to facts I have posted here but where
                  are your counterpoints? Dillip posted a very important video by a green activist with first hand experience in setting up alternative energy technologies who no longer supports the approach to energy alternatives with the exception of nuclear. You postulated that nuclear energy is not sustainable, and I gave you the French example of a commercially viable breeder reactor that was shot down by corrupted green activists.
                  You said you would investigate the topic of breeder reactors further, what do we hear from you...crickets!
                  What is this? The propaganda you want to spread? You sure don't like talking about facts! You don't even want to study up and
                  debate me.

Here is what was discovered in a Canadian Court the other day with former Premiere Peckford's lawsuit against Canada's oppression of the unvaccinated.

"Court testimony reveals that Canada’s top health expert did not recommend a vaccine be a requirement before boarding a bus, train or plane. Even worse, the human trial for the Covid vaccine is now underway and millions of Canadians are part of the experiment.

It’s an astounding revelation, according to lawyer Keith Wilson, who is representing former Newfoundland Premier Brian Peckford’s lawsuit against the federal government for what they describe as the most far-reaching breach of charter rights in Canadian history. It prevented six million people’s right to freedom of movement because of a ban against unvaccinated people from travelling on buses, trains and planes."

https://expose-news.com/2022/10/14/m...perimented-on/

The exact same group of murderers now want to continue their oppressive agenda with nonsensical climate alarmist propaganda (if you think it is not nonsense, refute the points I already posted)
                  If this is what your "Democratic Marxism" is about, stuff it.

Comment

• Even Greta Thunberg, who is hardly the sharpest tool in the shed, has reversed course on nuclear. I bet many Green Party voters in Germany will follow suit, especially in a couple of months.
                    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                      Even Greta Thunberg, who is hardly the sharpest tool in the shed, has reversed course on nuclear. I bet many Green Party voters in Germany will follow suit, especially in a couple of months.
                      She seems to be pretty sharp here....

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo_-...onnect4Climate

Because we have wasted decades denying that climate change / global warming is real, nuclear power with all its risks, will need to be part of the overall solution to save the planet.
                      Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Saturday, 15th October, 2022, 09:27 AM.

Comment

She seems to be pretty sharp here....

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo_-...onnect4Climate
                        I don't think Tom was referring to sharpness of speech...she falls tremendously short in sharpness of ideas, as there was no discussion on the scale of the calamity that could befall us, if the changes she wants are made...
                        One sided talks are not what we need, but an honest discussion of the pros and cons of various measures would be appreciated...

Comment

• There is NO climate crisis ... Tom Harris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdg4uQW8Dlg

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                            There is NO climate crisis ... Tom Harris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdg4uQW8Dlg
                            The title of this video clip from Fox News 4 days ago caught my attention: "Former Climate Alarmist calls movement a "Scam"."
                            So I watched it. Maybe some renowned climate scientist had recently changed his opinion? Maybe there is some new startling data that has shifted the science? Maybe you guys are all correct? Maybe I should watch more Fox news and just relax? But oh, wait a minute, who is this Tom Harris guy?

Oh, dammit. I had to go check. Tom Harris has been a paid lobbyist from the Heartland Institute, a right wing think tank since 2008. It seems Mr. Harris was unable to sway his colleagues who went on to convince 194 governments to sign the Paris Accords in 2015.

Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Sunday, 16th October, 2022, 10:12 AM.

Comment

194 governments...
                              194 governments...with each one of them trying to balance the gain of votes from activism against the gain of bribes from the fuel industry...
                              and you find it so impressive? Get back to real facts, Bob G....

Comment

The title of this video clip from Fox News 4 days ago caught my attention: "Former Climate Alarmist calls movement a "Scam"."
                                So I watched it. Maybe some renowned climate scientist had recently changed his opinion? Maybe there is some new startling data that has shifted the science? Maybe you guys are all correct? Maybe I should watch more Fox news and just relax? But oh, wait a minute, who is this Tom Harris guy?

Oh, dammit. I had to go check. Tom Harris has been a paid lobbyist from the Heartland Institute, a right wing think tank since 2008. It seems Mr. Harris was unable to sway his colleagues who went on to convince 194 governments to sign the Paris Accords in 2015.
                                And how exactly does that negate the facts that Tom Harris stated in the interview? How pathetic, you can't attack the message, so you attack the messenger. Please enlighten us and explain how Tom Harris is incorrect or better still, refute this international group of scientists cited in the interview.

"Why Scientists Disagree, by Craig D. Idso, Robert M. Carter, and S. Fred Singer, explains why the claim of “scientific consensus” on the causes and consequences of climate change is without merit. The authors comprehensively and specifically rebut the surveys and studies used to support claims of a consensus. They then summarize evidence showing disagreement, identify four reasons why scientists disagree about global warming, and then provide a detailed survey of the physical science of global warming based on the authors’ previous work."

http://climatechangereconsidered.org...lobal-warming/
                                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 16th October, 2022, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X