Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthropogenic Positive Climate Change (ANCC)

Transition to Green Energy

The "Canadian" Electric Car

Project Arrow brings something new to the table: every part will be made and designed in Canada.

Subscribers Only

https://www.thestar.com/business/202...ign=sbj_102522

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Anthropogenic Positive Climate Change (APCC)

Reducing the Carbon Footprint?

Australia

Australia’s first hydrogen liquefaction facility and ship loading terminal, the world’s first liquid hydrogen carrier ship, and a hydrogen unloading and storage facility in Kobe, Japan, have been developed so far.

But there’s one catch: the project uses brown coal (also called “lignite”), a high-emitting energy source, to produce the hydrogen. In fact, almost all of the hydrogen used today is made from fossil fuels.

https://time.com/6139820/liquid-hdyr...lctg=141779515

What do you think about "Liquid Hydrogen"?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post

What do you think about "Liquid Hydrogen"?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

(1) If you use it in mixed drinks, it will make you feel more "light-headed"

(2) better then penguin urine

Comment

• Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Carbon Tax Credit

Tax credits for carbon capture projects will just encourage more carbon emissions.

What do ChessTalkers think about the carbon tax credit concept, that is so popular with world governments?

Subscribers Only

https://www.thestar.com/business/202...ign=sbj_102905

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

Carbon Tax Credit

Tax credits for carbon capture projects will just encourage more carbon emissions.

What do ChessTalkers think about the carbon tax credit concept, that is so popular with world governments?
            20 years ago, I would have supported such market based tax credit schemes to move us away from fossil fuels, but those days are gone. We now require more direct and urgent action. In a similar vein, the net zero 2050 proposal at recent COP, is now revealed as another too slow program designed really for delay and ripe for abuse. The governments need to actually take action and not just appear to be taking action.

I call blah, blah, blah.

Comment

• The carbon tax is a scam. What good will it do even if it causes all of us to reduce our carbon use by 10% while the population of the planet increases by 20%? Too many people here, this is the problem, not our individual use of carbon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

20 years ago, I would have supported such market based tax credit schemes to move us away from fossil fuels, but those days are gone. We now require more direct and urgent action. In a similar vein, the net zero 2050 proposal at recent COP, is now revealed as another too slow program designed really for delay and ripe for abuse. The governments need to actually take action and not just appear to be taking action.

I call blah, blah, blah.
                How much can individual actions change our carbon usage? I'm staying at home, wearing sweaters. I no longer use carbon pencils or make carbon copies of documents. I have tried eating pizza with carbon crust and drinking a black smoothie with carbon.

Comment

• Hi Erik:

Here is your role model for becoming a "sink trap":

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tree.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	217890

Comment

Hi Erik:

Here is your role model for becoming a "sink trap":

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tree.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	217890
                    Until it is chopped down for bio-fuels which is one of the worst of the green energy scams. On this, as much as it pains me to say, I agree with Michael Moore.

Comment

• Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Rising World Non-Violent Protest?

“This has to be the biggest year yet for climate protest,” a supporter of the Extinction Rebellion movement in the UK told the New Statesman recently. “If it doesn’t happen now then we’ll all be heading to the hills and prepping [for the worst].”

So will it? Nearly 5 per cent of Americans also say they would willingly participate in civil disobedience to demand action on global warming, according to research published last week. That may sound like a small number but it is higher than the 3.5 per cent of a population that Erica Chenoweth, a Harvard political scientist, argues is needed if nonviolent protest is to achieve political change.

Do ChessTalkers see any evidence of this phenomenon? Do you think it may yet happen? If so, when and why?

https://www.newstatesman.com/environ...-remember-2022

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• No hope Bob, short of a miracle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                          No hope Bob, short of a miracle.
                          Thanks for posting that article Bob. To quote it,

"As pandemic restrictions are eased activists in a host of countries are looking ahead to the Global Climate Strikes planned for March."

We'll see if that is the beginning of the miracle Brad is looking for.
                          Should be about the same time we are all taking off our masks, so we can focus on climate change.

Too little too late? Maybe, maybe not. But I am looking forward to protesting. Any clever slogans for my sign, anyone?

Comment

• I was looking up the date for Earth Day in 2022,

​​​​​​https://www.earthday.org/earth-day-2022/

It is April 22, 2022

I came across a second day of interest, World Environment Day.

https://www.un.org/en/observances/environment-day

Which is June 5, 2022

Sounds like 2 great days to focus protests.

Comment

• I will certainly attend any protest on Parliament Hill.

Comment

• So let me get this straight...........

Canadian "Climate Activists" (Read: originator Bob G) are calling for 2 major "Climate Actions" in the first half of 2022!

The Dates

The 2022 Climate Action # 1: Friday, April 22 @ 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) // 16:00 Universal Time Coordinated (UTC) - 2022 World Earth Day!
                                The 2022 Climate Action # 2: Sunday, June 5 @ 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)// 16:00 Universal Time Coordinated (UTC) - 2022 World Environment Day!

Other 2022 Climate Actions are being scheduled for the 2nd half of 2022, as we speak.

The Action (Canadian Proposals for Discussion)

1. All paid working persons across the globe will breach their employment contracts by striking from 9:00 AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 5:00 PM EDT (21:00 UTC), and accepting not being paid. Workers will put away their computers, drop their shovels, stop their serving of the public, etc. They will all join in the global, peaceful noon demonstrations.

2. All persons who are working without pay, and those not working, are encouraged to join the demonstrations.

3. All businesses are asked to close their businesses on these days, and owners are encouraged to join the demonstrations.

4. All national governments are called upon to close all non-essential services to the public, and to fund and support these global demonstrations.

The Demand

1. That all national governments across the globe cease their lip-service, ineffective climate change policies.

2. That all national governments make it priority # 1 to cooperate and re-marshal all resources into immediate and effective positive climate change action.

Do I have this right?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

Working...
                                X