Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree Dilip........but personally, I am a carnivore.....sigh......

But my wife and I since about 2019 have seriously cut back on the amount of red meat we eat,........we do eat more veggies and salads. We make veggie patties that fry up much like burgers. We have done this more for personal health reasons than any other.

But the facts put forward by vegetarians about the madness of the human carnivore diet, and raising of meat, are dead on.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post

have cut back on the amount of red meat we eat,........ more for personal health reasons than any other.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
      Appreciate your honesty, Bob!

And, most, if not all, including opponents, have cut back on their fuel and energy consumption..... more for personal financial reasons than any other. So, there is not much of a diffence between proponents and opponents, it seems...

Comment

• Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Nuclear Power - Part of the Solution?

The instability resulting from the Russian invasion—as well as mounting evidence of war crimes—has made finding alternatives to Russian oil and liquid natural gas (LNG) a policy priority for European nations who want to stop funding Putin’s war machine. With few options that offer true energy sovereignty, there is now renewed enthusiasm for nuclear energy among politicians in Europe.

https://time.com/6169164/ukraine-nuc...lctg=206908353

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• There were no responses to my last post on the merits of nuclear energy as a solution to climate change.

Is everyone totally satisfied to increase the number of nuclear reactors on the planet?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

There were no responses to my last post on the merits of nuclear energy as a solution to climate change.

Is everyone totally satisfied to increase the number of nuclear reactors on the planet?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
            They both fell asleep!
            Fred Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred Harvey View Post

They both fell asleep!
              Zzzzzzzzz,what? LOL

I did mean to comment on use of nuclear power, but got distracted by reports on the war.

I am afraid global warming crisis will be on the back burner for many people for some time.
              The twin threats of Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump are more immediate. These 2 a-holes need to be stopped.

Comment

• The concern about climate change has been on the back burner for an eternity now.

This is definitely THE problem.

It is going to be too late when the majority of the world starts suffering the full effects and then decides to put the issue on the front burner.

Even the UN panel, who do not want to destroy hope, said carbon emissions must be capped within THREE years! (2025).

Ladies and gentleman.........we have a "situation"!

~ Bob A (T-s/P)
                Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Sunday, 1st May, 2022, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• CT Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change Thread

Week # 17(22/4/20 – 26)

Weekly Stats:

....................................................2022 Average............................................................... 2022 Average

.............................Last Week's.....Views/Day.......................................Last Week's.........Responses/Day.

Views/Day...........Views/Day.......(To Date)........Responses/Day......Responses/Day........ (To Date)

...29............................11.......................61.......................1.....................................1 .............................3

Stats Analysis

The the activity in the thread has dropped this last week, as against the 2022 Average so far..

This is understandable since there were many more posts per week in the beginning than now, as everyone had their say. I have now settled into trying to make 5-6 climate change posts per week, to keep everyone up on the latest information.

I would encourage other chesstalk'ers to post here, as well, climate change items of interest they come across, to share the newest information.

The Pressing Climate Change Issue

The core issue, IMHO, IS how to get society to perceive the issue as URGENT, as it is.

What action is needed from climate activists to “AWAKEN” the public that this issue cannot just continuously be kicked down the road? Nature's Tipping point is estimated to be, on current trajectory, only 9 years away (Around Jan. 1, 2031).

The last report of the UN Climate Change Panel clearly stated that the window of opportunity to save ourselves is fast closing. Capping the temperature rise at only 1.5 degrees Celsius is now impossible. It noted that current government deadlines were totally insufficient to solve the problem. CO 2 must be capped by 2025! That is only THREE years away! And for the first time, CO 2 removal has now become a necessary part of the solution.

Time is fast running out!

The Large Picture Solutions

Can we come up with at least one or two viable suggestions of impressive, radical things that might wake up the public, that we could then put out there to other concerned client activists?

CT'ers' Local Actions on Climate Change

You can do something! When you like one of this thread's links on an aspect of climate change, spread the news by posting it to your social media accounts and other Websites/Discussion Boards you participate in!

~ Bob (T-S/P)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post
                    https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opin...meat-1.6424924

If you really care about the climate crisis, you should go vegetarian...

(I wonder how many of the vocal proponents here are veggie...)
                    I am vegan, I eat only plants (I do not take eggs, milk, honey and so forth as some "vegetarians" do). It is cheaper, healthier, more friendly to the environment and morally correct with respect to our treatment of animals if such questions are relevant to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                      I am afraid global warming crisis will be on the back burner for many people for some time.
                      Yes, a sad irony to be sure. Just when Glasgow was getting some attention the pandemic happens, now Putin happens. We will not save ourselves, we need a miracle. Maybe the Leafs will win the Cup this year.

Comment

No, this is a disaster in waiting (in the cases of Chernobyl, Three Mile Island and Fukushima we are no longer waiting), we need to stop and we need to dismantle what exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

Yes, a sad irony to be sure. Just when Glasgow was getting some attention the pandemic happens, now Putin happens. We will not save ourselves, we need a miracle. Maybe the Leafs will win the Cup this year.
                          Maybe defeating Russia in Ukraine and defeating Republicans in midterms will help the cause indirectly in fighting global warming. At least to strike blows against two of the worst bad actors. Meanwhile, hopefully our environmental friends continue the battle behind the scenes. I would like to see somebody start a death toll website somewhere. ie. total death toll to date from global warming, updated daily.

As for Leafs winning the Cup,.......ah, c'mon, get real. Getting past the first round would be a miracle.

Comment

• Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Drought

The Americas - State of California, USA

The plummeting water level of Lake Mead has exposed one of the reservoir's original water intake valves for the first time, officials say.

Amid the West's climate change-fueled megadrought, Lake Mead -- the largest manmade reservoir in the country and a source of water for millions of people -- has fallen to an unprecedented low.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/27/us/wa...=1651141805171

The West is in its worst drought in centuries, scientists reported Monday.

A study published in Nature Climate Change found the period from 2000 to 2021 was the driest in 1,200 years. Last year's drought severity was "exceptional," researchers said, and all indications are the extreme conditions will continue through 2022.

The human-caused climate crisis has made the megadrought 72% worse, the study noted.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/14/us/we...ing/index.html

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

I am vegan, I eat only plants (I do not take eggs, milk, honey and so forth as some "vegetarians" do). It is cheaper, healthier, more friendly to the environment and morally correct with respect to our treatment of animals.
                              And who says miracles are not possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

And who says miracles are not possible?
                                I myself do not deny the possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X