Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    But it does make sense to me that as we make the non-porous atmospheric canopy enveloping Earth less and less porous, the rate of disastrous consequences will accelerate.
    It has been happening since the 1970s. Anyone who knows me well knows that I have been speaking about these days since then, in fact since the 1960s. The pace of climate change is clearly exponential, not symmetrical. The world is about to explode. It IS exploding now. Only a miracle will save us. Do I believe that a miracle WILL happen? I neither believe it nor disbelieve it, but I do consider it to be our only possible hope. May you live in interesting times!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

Yes, eat plant life, not sentient life. It is healthier, cheaper, leaves a far smaller carbon footprint and can be justified morally.
      Speaking of which ... case study ... Chess'n Math

Correctly assuming Chess'n Math imports their thousands and thousands of plastic chess sets and other plastic gaming related products from China, perhaps even from Guangdong or Zhejiang provinces, Chess'n Math heavily contributes to your accelerated global warming drama.

China is one of the world's leading climate warming countries.

Oil, gas and coal are the building blocks of plastics. Then, add all the shipping climate costs of extracting the oil, gas and coal. Then, add the climate costs of production in manufacturing CMA's plastic products. Then, add the climate costs of shipping CMA's products from China all the way to you, the end user.

FYI ... Typical fossil plastics have a global warming potential for every kilogram of fossil-based plastic produced, there is between 1.7 and 3.5 kilograms of carbon dioxide released.

Morally justified, ha!

Comment

• Hi Neil,

Good point!

So where can I import chess sets? Give me an alternative please.

I think plastic will destroy this planet...but everyone wants inexpensive.

Again I ask you...show me the right road and I will take it!

You know, I personally do my best to recycle but unfortunately I am losing the battle with my staff. Only 10% follow in my footsteps.

Larry

Comment

• Hi Larry!

Plastics are here to stay. I have been building plastic products for decades, mainly using 1st usage clear acrylic (polyacrylate). It's been quite awhile since I was involved in injection molding plastics but I do know that it can and is done here locally in Canada.

The time we are currently living in might just be a perfect time to explore either provincial and/or federal grant money to bring home your molds from China and have your plastic chess sets be produced in Quebec or Ontario.

Using recycled plastics!

Ha!

Comment

• Hal Bond did that decades ago (not recycled plastic however) but he manufactured plastic chess pieces in Canada. While his pricing was competitive at first, his cost kept going up while the cost from China remained the same over the years. He would know the story better than I....

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyLX...hannel=NBCNews

Comment

• Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Consequence: Weather Extremes

Heat and Drought

Consequence: Wildfires

Europe

https://apnews.com/article/wildfires...%20Subscribers

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Climate Change

Global Warming

Air Conditioning will NOT save us!

https://time.com/6199353/air-conditi...lctg=206908353

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Climate Change

More on Global Warming

A. Do these heat waves mean climate change is happening faster than expected?

General warming predictions are still on track, but recent heat waves are a stress test for the modeling of extreme events.

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...=pocket-newtab

B. Europe is burning like it’s 2052

The extraordinary heat wave in Europe is showing what’s possible already, and what lies ahead under climate change.

https://www.vox.com/23268566/europe-...rature-climate

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Linking Climate Change and Weather Extremes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...m_campaign=bop

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMZ..._channel=MSNBC

An interesting interview with David Wallace-Wells, author of "The uninhabitable Earth"

Climate Change is here. It is going to get much worse, but he does see progress and thus the most catastrophic predictions are now less likely. So the probability that the humans will survive extermination is going up but have been condemned to inhabit a planet with extreme weather.

We are at 1.1 degrees C warming now, the most optimistic predictions are now at 2 degrees + are unavoidable, so image that.

What we do today and everyday impacts how extreme the weather gets in the future, but we will get thru it.

Comment

• Two degrees Celsius, what is that in Fahrenheit!!!???

We need to stop driving, stop flying, stop eating animals, and above all else we need to stop reproducing. And I am going to beat Magnus Carlsen, then Francis Ngannou. Next year I plan to win the Grand Slam of golf with Frank Dixon as my caddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMZ..._channel=MSNBC

An interesting interview with David Wallace-Wells, author of "The uninhabitable Earth"

Climate Change is here. It is going to get much worse, but he does see progress and thus the most catastrophic predictions are now less likely. So the probability that the humans will survive extermination is going up but have been condemned to inhabit a planet with extreme weather.

We are at 1.1 degrees C warming now, the most optimistic predictions are now at 2 degrees + are unavoidable, so image that.

What we do today and everyday impacts how extreme the weather gets in the future, but we will get thru it.

When you say "we will get thru (sic) it", I assume you mean "we" as our human species. Not the readers of your post as individuals.

As individuals, some of us will make it, some of us won't. It's kind of meaningless in the sense that we are all perishable anyways.

So philosophically, the questions becomes, do "we" as a species deserve to survive?

I wholeheartedly argue NO. We should ALL perish, if the decision is based on pure justice.

But I don't think it is based on pure justice. I believe love trumps justice (and I hate using the word "trump" in this era, but I digress).

Love trumps justice. That is very important to remember.

It means we can and might be saved even though we totally do not deserve it. Kind of like Noah's Ark deja-vu-all-over-again. If Noah's Ark is a true account, we were already saved even though we didn't deserve it. Will it happen again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                              Two degrees Celsius, what is that in Fahrenheit!!!???

We need to stop driving, stop flying, stop eating animals, and above all else we need to stop reproducing. And I am going to beat Magnus Carlsen, then Francis Ngannou. Next year I plan to win the Grand Slam of golf with Frank Dixon as my caddy.
                              Since you don't want to drive or fly, how will you get to all these events? Grow wings and ride the thermals! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Since you don't want to drive or fly, how will you get to all these events? Grow wings and ride the thermals! LOL
                                Frank Dixon once caddied for Chi Chi Rodriguez.

Comment

Working...
                                X