COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

yes, like isn't this the human model, where given crime, we need police? I hear Kerry's point about any excessive spending, but with crime happening, isn't police kinda not an option?

I'm open to hearing alternatives, but if crime happens to one of us this afternoon, who we gonna call?
    So if you, or a family member, has a mental breakdown do you really want somebody to come in and point a gun at you?

Comment

• In news that will be positive for some, but DEVASTATING to the haters, I have now watched 205 of the IMDB top 250. Stay mad, haters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        Big new study by the Detroit Henry Ford hospital system shows that hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and ZINC cut mortality rates in half in very sick patients. The highly touted remdesivir not so much.
        Researchers not involved with the study were critical. They noted that the Henry Ford team did not randomly treat patients but selected them for various treatments based on certain criteria.

"As the Henry Ford Health System became more experienced in treating patients with COVID-19, survival may have improved, regardless of the use of specific therapies," Dr. Todd Lee of the Royal Victoria Hospital in Montreal, Canada, and colleagues wrote in a commentary in the same journal.

"Finally, concomitant steroid use in patients receiving hydroxychloroquine was more than double the non-treated group. This is relevant considering the recent RECOVERY trial that showed a mortality benefit with dexamethasone." The steroid dexamethasone can reduce inflammation in seriously ill patients.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
          The police are a very expensive nonsolution .
          "Attack is the best form of defense" may work well in Chess, but often leads to unnecessary tragedy when used by the police...

Comment

• Mississippi is the 12th state to go over 1% of population infected.

Comment

• Hawaii, Alaska, and Montana were for quite some time the states that had the lowest amount of cases. Each of them have recently doubled their case loads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                In news that will be positive for some, but DEVASTATING to the haters, I have now watched 205 of the IMDB top 250. Stay mad, haters.
                Dear haters, I can't help but notice that awesome ends in ME and ugly starts with U.

Comment

• I was checking the world covid19 numbers today and discovered USA has made it to that elite group (400+) of high death rates.

For countries > 10 million people, highest death rates per million.

Belgium 843
                  UK 651
                  Spain 607
                  Italy 577
                  Sweden 537
                  France 458
                  USA 400

Sorting the table by population, I discovered only 3 countries > 300 million people.

Well, let's see how they compare on deaths per million.

China 1,439 million people, death rate per million = 3
                  India 1,380 million people, death rate per million = 14
                  USA 331 million people, death rate per million = 400

Interesting stats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                    I was checking the world covid19 numbers today and discovered USA has made it to that elite group (400+) of high death rates.

For countries > 10 million people, highest death rates per million.

Belgium 843
                    UK 651
                    Spain 607
                    Italy 577
                    Sweden 537
                    France 458
                    USA 400

Sorting the table by population, I discovered only 3 countries > 300 million people.

Well, let's see how they compare on deaths per million.

China 1,439 million people, death rate per million = 3
                    India 1,380 million people, death rate per million = 14
                    USA 331 million people, death rate per million = 400

Interesting stats!

In the cases of France, Italy, Spain, UK and Belgium, they were all hit by coronavirus early and fast, before they had time to become proactive about it.
                    In the case of Sweden, they deliberately tried a laid-back strategy in hopes of achieving herd immunity.

What all these interesting stats point to that is USA is exceptional in the fact that it had time to be proactive (in February when Trump did nothing), plus it has had months now to do what China did, and it simply isn't doing anything at all.

And the most interesting thing is this: for Trump this is a win-win situation. He wins because the virus is hitting Hispanics and Blacks hardest of all, and he wins because the early reopening has raised daily case counts to alarming levels TO GIVE HIM ARGUMENTS TO CANCEL THE 2020 ELECTION.

I hope the part in upper-case letters grabs everyone's attention. It is coming soon: Trump and his entire admin is soon to announce the 2020 election will be postponed. The initial announcement will probably say until 2021, but the real plans are to simply grant Trump another whole 4-year term.

This is why Trump doesn't want to do anything now to slow the virus. He can see he is on target for a huge loss to Biden. He would be humiliated for the rest of his life. But Trump won't allow that to happen.

Edit: just this week, Biden announced he has retained over 600 lawyers across the USA to fight what he knows is coming from Trump. Over 600!

Comment

• Trump paranoia in full fx.

It would be interesting to compare the death rate for red states versus blue states. The statistics would show a similarity in correlation to the crime rates in blue states.

Comment

• There will be an election. The Dems will try to cheat. Trump will thwart them. Trump will win. I don't believe he will pardon Obama.

Comment

Last edited by Sam Sharpe; Saturday, 5th November, 2022, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

It is coming soon: Trump and his entire admin is soon to announce the 2020 election will be postponed. The initial announcement will probably say until 2021, but the real plans are to simply grant Trump another whole 4-year term.
                            I pondered this question weeks ago. According to this lawyer, Trump can't legally cancel or postpone the election. His term expires on January 20, 2021.
                            But it takes him 20 minutes to explain it.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQLbNekBU1A

Spoiler alert - President Nancy Pelosi or President Pat Leahy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                              There will be an election. The Dems will try to cheat. Trump will thwart them. Trump will win. I don't believe he will pardon Obama.
                              The Dems will try to cheat? WTAF? You mean like redraw election boundaries or close polling stations or not all mail-in votes, or close voting places without allowing those already in line to vote?
                              Come on. This is the most sycophantic garbage I've ever heard. Trump and most of his family are human garbage and will end up in jail. ?Pardon Obama? ... have some more kool aid - try the javex flavour.
                              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

I pondered this question weeks ago. According to this lawyer, Trump can't legally cancel or postpone the election. His term expires on January 20, 2021.
                                But it takes him 20 minutes to explain it.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQLbNekBU1A

Spoiler alert - President Nancy Pelosi or President Pat Leahy.
                                I didn't look yet at the link, but to answer about the legalities...

Trump and his admin have already flouted many legalities and gotten away with it... emoluments clause, some other act that KellyAne Conway regularly flouts with impunity, and plenty of other examples, even getting away without being impeached despite everyone with half a brain knowing he was guilty.

Anyway, what Trump will do is to declare a National Emergency, and that requires that the virus start getting out of control. So all these soaring numbers are playing right into his strategy.

He will declare it unsafe to hold the election. Whatever steps are needed to actually hold the election -- getting polling places set up, etc. -- will all be left undone. Do you think the military is going to remove him from the White House in January when there still hasn't been a national vote? No, he has it all figured out. And just like all the other things mentioned above, nobody will be able to do a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X