The One and Only Climate Change thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The One and Only Climate Change thread...

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
    I would miss Gary, or Paul Bonham or Vlad; they make conversing on this site very interesting and toughen up the psyche...although in my opinion they take things a little too personally/emotionally and could lighten up a little...

As I said earlier, the SNR = 0 for the triumvirate of climate denialbots. The reason that electricity rates have risen in Ontario is due to nuclear and gas costs/subsidies/debt as can be seen from:
    The most interesting facts in that article is the fact that the homeowner who heats with natural gas experiences a significantly lower total cost of energy according to the blogger's scenario and anyone who uses natural gas would know. The other thing is that his figures are wrong because the 0.4 cents does not take into account the effect of that amount on the HST component which brings the total up to about 0.452 cents. More relevant than the 0.452 extra cents is the cost per kilowatt hour produced. The suggestion from your blogger's study of the finances suggests that the green energy component of the Ontario Energy pie is less than you and others have reported. Your blog author also does point out that the costs are set to rise once more green energy projects come online. Your blogger points out that only a few of the projects are getting the 84 cents per kilowatt hour (28 times the going rate of 3 cents for other suppliers of electricity) but the rest of them are getting 60 cents (which is 20 times the going rate). The most interesting statistic is that if your friend's blog is correct then the reports of solar/wind energy as a percentage of the total Ontario electricity generating capacity are a lie or are based on some wildly optimistic number that is never attained. According to news releases that I have seen from the Ontario government the recent cost increases are largely driven by green energy. That also makes sense since a one percent increase in renewables as a percentage of total capacity will drive wholesale costs up nineteen percent or more overall given the contracts that the Ontario government is signing. That 3 cents per kilowatt hour alreading includes the inflated cost of the so called renewables as part of the weighted average.

Your blogger's numbers don't make sense or at least are not consistent with your own reports of green energy percentages in Ontario's energy mix.

Faceless Vlad will not understand this;
    Facebook is not my thing. You weren't my first stalker nor even my tenth.

since he may or may not have a business degree;
    Since you have declined to take me up on my wager, it is obvious what your guess is despite your prevarications.

Which is it, was it a two year degree or a four year one, and where was it done? People want to know if you have had any education in science, climate change, or other...
    You will have to learn to live with disappointment. - "The Princess Bride"

Going to someone's home page on Facebook once for 5 minutes is not a crime as far as I know;
    You must have gone at least twice or else you wouldn't have known about me dropping a certain store from my interests. Why do you feel the need to lie about that? The hard part about lying is that you forget your lies and its hard to keep your story internally consistent while lying. It is why police can often catch a criminal who doesn't use his right to remain silent. Didn't you ever watch "Columbo"?

Here is a radical suggestion: Try sticking with the truth. Its easier to remember. Oh wait,... that is hard for a narcissist to do as truth gets in the way of the fantasy of being a Sooper Genius (TM).

Never mind.
    Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Wednesday, 23rd March, 2011, 09:46 PM.

Comment

You just made my morning; I laughed so hard I almost spilled my coffee. The triumvirate of climate denial bots (aka denialbots) is super funny funny humor with SNR = 0
      That's good that you can still laugh while the world is overheating. I guess things aren't so dire after all and we can all just ignore any of your further postings.

Coffee? Personally don't touch it, the fact that you do explains a few things.

Still lumping me in with the "deniers" even though I've made my position clear. Oh, well, some people just can't do the math (which in your case is the height of irony).

To borrow a line from a Seinfeld episode, "And you want to be my Fortran programmer!" :D:D:D

BTW, how's the world looking through those green coloured glasses?

Oh, I better stop, I might make you spill your coffee all over your Timex Sinclair.
      Only the rushing is heard...
      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

I am honored that the triumvirate feels they have to dissect every single posting of mine. I would be curious to see what they and others feel about the following article discussing how just about every single marine species in the food chain, from the smallest plankton to the largest whale has injested plastic.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-2251230.html#

Any thoughts on what this means for the future?

Comment

I recall watching an episode of "Life After People" on the History Channel. What a fun show. The episode concerned how long various man-made structures would last. Sadly, the very last vestige of humanity would be an enormous mass of plastics floating around in the Pacific Ocean. It's roughly the size of Texas. If humans were to experience extinction, and aliens landed on the planet 50,000 years from now, their only indication of intelligent life ever existing here would be ... our garbage.

Sure, the direct cause is that plastics are made from oil and that people use way too much of them. Ultimately if everyone tried to live the lifestyle of the typical North American, and with global population ever-increasing, my guess is that in 20 years that mass is going to get a lot bigger. My recommendations: don't have so many kids and don't buy so much crap. ;-)
          "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

A recent study revised that figure to only 1/10th the size of Texas.

Comment

I am honored that the triumvirate feels they have to dissect every single posting of mine.
              Sure I am going to dissect every post when you are making baseless claims about my education that could affect my livelihood. You obviously don't believe what you are saying or you would have taken my wager. Further, when called on your facebook stalking behaviour and clumsy attempts at intimidation you tell some very obvious and careless lies. It makes me wonder what else you are lying about.

Dirty tricks are part and parcel of the behaviour of members of the AGW cabal/religion/political movement. Some of them were revealed and documented in the Climategate emails. Others have been widely reported.

I probably would not have a Facebook account if it hadn't been required for administering Facebook postings for work purposes. I have personally seen too many social networking sites used by internet stalkers to further their campaigns of harassment.

I would be curious to see what they and others feel about the following article discussing how just about every single marine species in the food chain, from the smallest plankton to the largest whale has injested plastic.

I think it means that people have to stop being such pigs and dropping or dumping garbage in the oceans.

Comment

OK, I spent a total of 5 minutes on your Facebook site on two different occasions. That is not a crime; however since it bothers you so much I will not do it again.
                I would like you to refrain from calling me a stalker. Please cease and desist the use of this terminology.

Comment

I am honored that the triumvirate feels they have to dissect every single posting of mine. I would be curious to see what they and others feel about the following article discussing how just about every single marine species in the food chain, from the smallest plankton to the largest whale has injested plastic.

Of course you would be honoured (sticking to the Canadian spelling, which you obviously avoid despite living there so many years). You actually think it attaches importance to you. I really think you post for that purpose alone.

Well, enough of that. As to the plastic, isn't there now biodegradable plastic? Please, mr. scientist, tell us what's happening with that? Why isn't all disposable plastic biodegradable? And if the plastic in the ocean were biodegradable (which...hmmm... has anyone in the alarmist media even investigated that???), then how long would it take to degrade? Or does it take soil to decompose it, and so any of it in the ocean will never biodegrade? My questions are sincere, I don't know the answers to them.

Speaking of alarmist media, we should expect to see the following headlines any day now:

(1) Gulf Oil Spill Crude Washes Ashore in Japanese Tsunami!!!

(2) Japanese Nuclear Radiation Poisoning Gulf of Mexico Seafood!!!
                  Only the rushing is heard...
                  Onward flies the bird.

Comment

OK, I spent a total of 5 minutes on your Facebook site on two different occasions. That is not a crime; however since it bothers you so much I will not do it again.
                    The truth will set you free and its also much easier if you use the truth to keep your story straight. I don't understand why you bothered to lie about it in the first place. There was never any useful information there for you to use against me and there never will be. HTH.

Comment

• Environment and Climate Change Canada confirmed two tornadoes touch downs in Ottawa-Gatineau area. Hopefully all chess players were not affected.

(some how it slipped through my eyes that the ministry added Climate change to its title.)

Comment

Working...
                      X