The One and Only Climate Change thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The One and Only Climate Change thread...

Originally posted by Adam Cormier View Post
    My expectation of the future is that eventually the area on and near the equator will become inhabitable to humans during the summer months(but that is many years in the future) because of the intensity of the heat.
    Actually I am sure that it will become just as inhabitable to humans as it is now (depending on how you define inhabitable).

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      The secret of making predictions is never to give a date.
      "The secret is to know when to stop."

Comment

• Re: Social Exploitation and Climate Change

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
        Vlad's source can be "The Princess Bride" (that is his choice, it makes for good comedy); however my sources are somewhat more relevant and factual.
        Your sources or, in this case to be more accurate, your source is the same people who can't even accurately tell me if it is going to rain today or not?

Right....

The Princess Bride is much more relevant and factual than your sources. Its truth resonates.

The jig is up. We aren't buying what you're selling.

"If only we had a wheelbarrow..."

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
          Yes, Gary. The United Nations is a pressure group. It's suppose to be a pressure group. It pressures the nations of the world to do the right thing, like not starting wars and stuff.

Now they are pressuring us not to destroy the environment! :D
          Maybe we can pressure the UN to do the right thing and stop raping women and children which they have been implicated in according to the BBC and numerous other sources in Bosnia, Sudan and the Congo. If the UN were subject to U.S. law its leaders would be doing time under RICO statutes.

Comment

http://www.climatechangefraud.com/en...g-biodiversity

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
              What that may or may not say about your character and credibility I will leave for others to decide upon.
              Look whose talking about character. I take it you were a better chess player than a labour leader.

Since you have the least clue when it comes to backing up your claims of climate change I'll put you back in my "twit" filter.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                I'll put you back in my "twit" filter.
                Good idea, then you wouldn't have to try quite so hard to ignore the actual facts. But I highly doubt that you will ever do it. For one thing it would please me and I doubt you could ever bring yourself to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
                  ...stuff does happen, like always. The difference now is that it happens much more frequently. Gary, call up any insurance company and ask them about this; do not take my word for it.
                  The claim that stuff happens much more frequently is totally unprovable. Really, Paul, you need to stop trying to prove AGW by using various global weather events. Because you CANNOT PROVE that these weather events are either more frequent or more severe than any time period since the last global warming was known to occur.

As to the insurance companies, they have a vested interest in stating that stuff is happening more frequently. And even their claims only go back a very VERY limited period in time. It's like comparing a microsecond of evidence to a day of geological time.

AGW may be happening, but Paul Beckwith seems to like being Chicken Little. So far the only thing I've seen from him in terms of what we should DO about it is something about carbon nanotubes reaching up into the sky and blowing us further away from the sun....

Oh, well, at least he's stopped boring us with his climate change research exploits. What was that tantalizing bit he wrote about discovering something in sea floor cores that "no one else has ever seen"? No one bit on that one, so I guess he gave up.
                  Only the rushing is heard...
                  Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                    Actually I am sure that it will become just as inhabitable to humans as it is now (depending on how you define inhabitable).
                    sorry, I meant uninhabitable...
                    University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

It is good to see the snowman (Bonnehomme) back again; in spite of swearing on a stack of Bibles that he was giving up Chesstalk for good. Welcome back!

Comment

Just finished attending the U. of T. climate change conference. Had some good talks with Andrew Weaver from U. Victoria.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...8&id=698511806

Comment

Climate change discussions are boring.

Comment

If only Dr.Weaver would join the discussion on chesstalk and thoroughly refute the deniers claims...as well as showing the various evidence for global warming...they still probably wouldn't listen...
                            University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                              Climate change discussions are boring.
                              Vlad is just jealous because he didn't get to meet Elizabeth May! :)

Comment

Vlad; chess is boring if you do not know how to play.

Please do not take this the wrong way but it is time for both you (and Bonnehomme) to read "The Idiots Guide to Climate Change"; Elizabeth May is the first author.

I have no interest in educating either of you on this topic; you are both misguided souls.

Comment

Working...
                                X