Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ontario Open 2011

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
    You got the picture right Mr Baljeu. But Bob and company want Top players to beg on an individual basis for a crumb of bread, thus reinforcing their sense of worth.
    Oh man have you ever gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick. You are probably the one person on earth that would try to make Ghandi look bad. Especially if he didn't pay appearance fees.

Comment

You got the picture right Mr Baljeu. But Bob and company want Top players to beg on an individual basis for a crumb of bread, thus reinforcing their sense of worth.
      I'm glad you like my picture, but read my bottom line. It's not about begging for a crumb. Bob makes an offer, you say it's not worth it, and end it there. You don't have to beg, and Bob doesn't have to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Baljeu View Post
        I'm glad you like my picture, but read my bottom line. It's not about begging for a crumb. Bob makes an offer, you say it's not worth it, and end it there. You don't have to beg, and Bob doesn't have to offer.
        I read all the lines don't worry. However your bottom line may not be my bottom line. Whether it is about a crumb or not is not the main point. The point is that offering merely free entry to a weekender (that does not even have guaranteed prizes), in exchange for advanced commitment to play is simply insulting and shows a deep lack of respect for top players.
        By the way it's about principles not about me. I am not at all expecting or hoping for decent offers to play in weekenders in Southern Ontario.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
          Oh man have you ever gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick. You are probably the one person on earth that would try to make Ghandi look bad. Especially if he didn't pay appearance fees.
          However, I am certainly not the one idiot on earth to confuse Ghandi with Gillanders.

Comment

However, I am certainly not the one idiot on earth to confuse Ghandi with Gillanders.
            Idiot is your word. I simply pointed out that you have a way of finding the worst in anyone. Bob's not the kind of guy to be behaving the way you spray your accusations around as. You are quickly becoming your own self-parody; with your constant complaints of being insulted on behalf of all 'top players'. Yes Bob helps organize chess and has done so all of these years because he enjoys insulting you. I guess he joins the long list of organizers that are all motivated by the same reason. It's an evil empire of chess organizers; thanks for warning us all about them. It couldn't be that they are just trying to organize tournaments so that us little players can play chess and keep chess tournaments running in Canada?
            Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Saturday, 26th February, 2011, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Idiot is your word. I simply pointed out that you have a way of finding the worst in anyone. Bob's not the kind of guy to be behaving the way you spray your accusations around as. You are quickly becoming your own self-parody; with your constant complaints of being insulted on behalf of all 'top players'. Yes Bob helps organize chess and has done so all of these years because he enjoys insulting you. I guess he joins the long list of organizers that are all motivated by the same reason. It's an evil empire of chess organizers; thanks for warning us all about them. It couldn't be that they are just trying to organize tournaments so that us little players can play chess and keep chess tournaments running in Canada?
              Being called "self-parody" and other flatteries by "perfect" people is quite amusing. I will simply point out that there is a big gap between "finding the worst in anyone" and confusing people with Gandhi. I try to find a balance somewhere in between.
              Although this kind of exchange may be funny at times I would rather stick to real issues but you and others stubbornly refuse this. For example you like to stuck the expression "appearance fees" everywhere to make my points look extreme, when I have never mentionned that at all. We are light years away from that when our GMs still don't even get free entries to Ontario weekenders.

Comment

Being called "self-parody" and other flatteries by "perfect" people is quite amusing. I will simply point out that there is a big gap between "finding the worst in anyone" and confusing people with Gandhi. I try to find a balance somewhere in between.
                Although this kind of exchange may be funny at times I would rather stick to real issues but you and others stubbornly refuse this. For example you like to stuck the expression "appearance fees" everywhere to make my points look extreme, when I have never mentionned that at all. We are light years away from that when our GMs still don't even get free entries to Ontario weekenders.
                So you have no interest in appearance fees? That's interesting; you heard it here first Jean Hebert does not support appearance fees.

Comment

So you have no interest in appearance fees? That's interesting; you heard it here first Jean Hebert does not support appearance fees.
                  Again you do your best to twist things around unless it simply reflects your level of non-comprehension. That would not be surprising from someone who confuses Gandhi and Gillanders.

Comment

Again you do your best to twist things around unless it simply reflects your level of non-comprehension. That would not be surprising from someone who confuses Gandhi and Gillanders.
                    Okay so Jean Hebert may or may not support appearance fees; he may or may not mean what he says. Slip him a few dollars and find out; he says appearance fees are an extremist view but he may just take your money? Be careful about mentioning historical figures around him. Anything else Jean?

Comment

Zeljko, are you daft, or are you picking a fight? Jean quite clearly expressed that organizers can do a lot to support master participation, without putting out free cash. Jean has not sought money, so why suggest he did? Or why suggest he doesn't like money? You're off topic.

Comment

Zeljko, are you daft, or are you picking a fight? Jean quite clearly expressed that organizers can do a lot to support master participation, without putting out free cash. Jean has not sought money, so why suggest he did? Or why suggest he doesn't like money? You're off topic.
                        Alan are you daft or are you picking a fight? If you can't read between the lines I can.

Comment

Okay I can't read between lines. Why are you attacking Jean?

Comment

Okay I can't read between lines. Why are you attacking Jean?
                            Commenting on a public board or asking for clarification is attacking?

Comment

I considered his comments quite clear. Your response to him seems unhelpful.

Attacking can be verbal. It seemed that was your intent, but as you claim otherwise, I'll accept that.
                              Last edited by Alan Baljeu; Sunday, 27th February, 2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

I considered his comments quite clear. Your response to him seems unhelpful.
                                Jean's responses to this thread have seemed unhelpful also, I don't see you complaining about that! And we know that he likes attacking people.

I'm not saying Zeljko is innocent, just that you should have consistent standards!
                                Christopher Mallon
                                FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Working...
                                X