Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Developing Chess in 3rd World Countries

Originally posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post

In fact Zachary should appologize to Mr Bator...
    There may be lots of apologizing to do around here but what Zach (and others) posts on Facebook is unrelated to this thread. Are you running personal inquiries on everyone on Chesstalk to find "faults" ? Do you really see yourself as a white faultless knight ?
    But since that you have no control over what other people do, you could start with things that you presumably control, which are your own faults and your own apologizing. Your obsessive over reacting to everything and everyone that does not see eye to eye with you so far puts you in the bully category. If someone stares at you the "wrong" way, you seem to be willing to apply endless torture out of "lack of respect", which somehow to you seems to be a major virtue.

Comment

Originally posted by Normand Arsenault View Post
      I fully agree with you Mr. Jean. I am personally indifferent to this whole "Developing Chess in 3rd World Countries" thread.

I am however very disturbed at the amount of harassment that has been directed to Mr. Zachary. It is quite unacceptable, and a form of cyber-bullying.
      Then you should apologize to Zach because you are the one who started the harassment by repeating the same post almost word for word several times, while clearing the way for the bully to take over. Your poor judgment is responsible for this messed up thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
        Then you should apologize to Zach because you are the one who started the harassment by repeating the same post almost word for word several times, while clearing the way for the bully to take over. Your poor judgment is responsible for this messed up thread.
        Read post 20...

Norm

Comment

There may be lots of apologizing to do around here but what Zach (and others) posts on Facebook is unrelated to this thread.
          With your post you made it directly related to this thread.

Are you running personal inquiries on everyone on Chesstalk to find "faults" ? Do you really see yourself as a white faultless knight ? .
          I am just raising major problems, that is happening in front of our own eye and CFC Executives not doing anything about it. In fact, they doing quite the opposite here.

But since that you have no control over what other people do, you could start with things that you presumably control, .
          Do you have any control, Jean?

Your obsessive over reacting to everything and everyone that does not see eye to eye with you so far puts you in the bully category.
          Does your insulting comment to Bindi ring a bell, Jean? You definitely over reacted that time. :D
          Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Wednesday, 14th March, 2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Frankly I am quite fed up with this thread that has been thoroughly polluted with Mr Egorov's obsession with putting down Zack Djukic. It is not about being right or wrong, it is about trying to intimidate a youngster that obviously means absolutely no harm, quite the contrary.
            I am also disgusted with the couple of idiots that have jumped on the bandwagon to help harass a teenager for his "outrageous" idea to help out some kids in Ghana. This is a prime example of bullying and it should not be tolerated, whether on this board or anywhere.
            But if I have to agree with something that Mr Egorov
            says, it has to be the fact that the CFC makes many mistakes. One of them is belatedly but now quickly coming up for attention. Choosing Mr Egorov as one of the canadian team coaches at the last WYCC was clearly a major blunder. How is it possible to expose kids to someone with such an abusive and obsessive behaviour, notwithstanding his deplorable and careless use of the english language ? Hopefully parents and people responsible are taking notes.
            Dear IM Hebert, Very well said. Thanks for some sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary dukic View Post
              It is well known that chess can be loved by people of all ages, nationalities, and genders all over the world. We enjoy a challenge, competition, and most importantly, fun. However, when it comes to developing chess in all parts of the world, there are some regions that, perhaps, cannot afford all of the opportunities chess brings.

Alo Abbey Emmanuel, is a man currently abiding in Ghana, Africa. He has been helping kids with chess for quite some time now. However, as the popularity of chess increases, so does the demand of supplies. Chess is both educational, and recreational, and I am positive that further developing chess in Ghana, could only result in a benefit for the chess world.

All children should have an equal chance to explore the wonders of chess if they please, no matter where they live. As an active chess participant, I think it would be just to help those children in Ghana so that they can reach their full potential.

I am making this thread because I have been notified that there are children in Ghana who want to learn the game of chess, but the amount of supplies is very limited. I am curious to hear the opinions of chesstalkers, and if you think it would be justified to give a lending hand. I believe we can help.

Zach,

Several youth of Canada have started their own charities including chess. Don't be afraid to start your own organization. Maybe we can even do a fund raising tournament sometime.

Garvin

Comment

This thread is starting to make my head hurt. I don't care about any bullying going on that is towards me, or any issues going on outside of this thread. They have no relevance to this topic, and I have no plan on regarding any attention to them. This is getting way of topic. It came from putting out the idea that kids in Ghana needed to help, to making apologies about something completely different.

Until this thread turns around, and there is some news of helping the children in Ghana, I won't reply on this thread anymore. Obviously a youngster, such as myself, isn't allowed to post about such a topic, without getting harassed about starting an organization myself, or about other situations that have no relevance to the thread.

Zach

Comment

Until this thread turns around, and there is some news of helping the children in Ghana
                  Zachary, you must be a person generating news, creating a real plan how to help, making a budget. If somebody would see it is reasonable, they will support financially, morally or other ways.
                  There are many religion missions in Africa. Check how they could support your goal. Definitely they have own resources to double check a legitimacy of chess persons, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
                    With your post you made it directly related to this thread.

I am just raising major problems, that is happening in front of our own eye and CFC Executives not doing anything about it. In fact, they doing quite the opposite here.

Do you have any control, Jean?

Does your insulting comment to Bendi ring a bell, Jean? You definetly over reacted that time. :D

I do not attack people, because they stari at me wrong way, but if some kids insults a good friend of my I will confront him and tell him that he crossed the line. He definetly needs to learn adults. In this case Mr. Zach acted out of line and is completely wrong!

So, now you are defending Zach here, who has ‘lack of respect’ in his arsenal. That much is clear. Who knows maybe Mr. Zach will attack you somewhere down the line. When it happens, don't come running to me and say 'I told you so'. :)
                    Mikhail... stop spelling my name wrong... and... methinks you're creating too many enemies, might be a good idea to tone it down a bit
                    Shameless self-promotion on display here
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

• Re: Developing Chess in 3rd World Countries

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
                      Mikhail... stop spelling my name wrong... and... methinks you're creating too many enemies, might be a good idea to tone it down a bit
                      Hi Bindi,

Thanks. Typo fixed. I will not do that from now on.

You call Jean, Bob, Kitich enemies lol? That was really funny! :D

As concerning this thread, I had to say something do defend my friend. My friend was insulted on facebook and was very offended. I will not let it slip by like this.

If I insulted an adult like that, when I was 15 year old I would have to answer to my parents and people I insulted and much worse.
                      Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Thursday, 15th March, 2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
                        This is such a cool thread, I can't resist commenting:
                        1) I think Ghana is a third-world country aka developing country, check it out on Wikipedia
                        2) Jesse, you need trolling lessons from Aman
                        3) Sometimes the difference between people in real life and people online are so drastically different
                        4) Pinky and the Brain was one of my favorite shows growing up, but I always thought the Brain was an arrogant jerk :(
                        Bindi, do you?

Comment

This discussion was started to speak to young individual, that it is not right to teach older people on what he/she should be. Unlike "certain idiots", that can't be taught to respect of other due to older age, since it is impossible to teach 'certain individuals'. The idea was not to insult anyone here, just raise critical point, that is all. I did not insult anyone here, nor did I use any bad names or name calling on this thread. The point is to let young lad know, that it is best not to get involved in every discussion here and not teach adults what they should and should not do. I am planning on staying out from chesstalk from now, since you can't have civilized discussion with "certain idiots" here.

Comment

As I've always said:

Comment

It came from putting out the idea that kids in Ghana needed to help.

Until this thread turns around, and there is some news of helping the children in Ghana, I won't reply on this thread anymore.

Comment

Am I the only one that smells a troll thread?
                                i rep back 3+

Comment

Working...
                                X