Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re : Developing Chess in 3rd World Countries

Originally posted by Steve Karpik View Post
    You've been jumped on (a bit unfairly I might say) for using the phrase "third world."......

The concerns you expressed are not so far away from the mission of Right to Play. I don't think you deserved to be belittled.
    Thank you Steve. I agree. Zach has nothing to apologize for.

Comment

Re: Developing Chess in 3rd World Countries

Originally posted by zachary dukic View Post
      It's my job to make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
        Bob,

IMHO, you and other CFC Executives owing apology to juniors for what happened last year. Mr. Kitich needs to apologize to elderly for insulting them and Mr. Zach apologize to unfortunate Ghana kids for putting them down and leveling them to 3rd world county citizens with his posts!

First, I suggest you lead by example, if you want others to follow. Please write official apology. Second, you should encourage Mr. Kitich to apologize over 'happy meal' or something. Mr. Zach should do same thing. Someone should answer for those ridiculous actions, comments and insults publicly!

How is intense membership coming today? Paying attention to your off-topic posts here, we are under impression, that it is not going anywhere. :D
        Why don't you just drop it Egorov. The argument was between me and Pushke and happened more than 10 years ago. It's interesting that the only point of manners you seem to have remembered is to be nice to the elderly. Everything else you seem to have forgotten. For the record, Pushke's age does not bother me in the least. If you for example would like to go to the current executive and ask that I be banned from the club, by all means go right ahead. Maybe that will stop your insanity. Obsession is not healthy.

Bob and Zach have even less to do with it than you do. And yes fire away if you are that obsessed because this will be my last post on the subject so as not to annoy other people on the board. However, I would dare to ask if you have checked with Pushke if he wants his name bandied about on Chesstalk? Has he asked you to speak for him? Of do you just include posting for the elderly on chesstalk when they don't do it themselves as part of your be nice to the elderly policy?

And all this because I dared to mention how small the Hamilton chess club is today compared to what it was in the 70's. So here's an idea why don't you go to Pushke the Elder and ask him how the club was back then?
        Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Tuesday, 13th March, 2012, 02:14 AM.

Comment

I think he's on to your plan to control the world through the CFC Bob. :p:p Today the ratings system, tomorrow the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
            For the curious, here's what I used as a (brief) 'pitch' of my own when contacting ex-CFC members (the other two committee members I allowed to compose their own 'pitch' to deliver to their share of our list of ex-CFC members):

Dear Mr. xxx:

The Chess Federation of Canada is contacting former members of the CFC, such as yourself, to request that you consider becoming a member once again.

The CFC puts out a monthly email newsletter for its members, which has dozens of pages. As well, we have a new website, as of July 2011, which now includes a list of local Canadian chess instructors, besides our list of Canadian chess clubs, etc.:

http://chess.ca/

Information about rates for different types of CFC membership, etc. is available on the CFC website, at the following link:

http://chess.ca/membership-rates

Should you wish to join the CFC again, please contact CFC Executive Director Gerry Litchfield at the following email address:

info@chess.ca

Regards, Kevin Pacey, Ottawa

Chess Federation of Canada Membership Drive Committee Chairman
            I have a few comments about this; who can I talk to about the CRM techniques used by CFC? Are you still the chairman of this committee?

David

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
              I think he's on to your plan to control the world through the CFC Bob. :p:p Today the ratings system, tomorrow the world.
              I new about the plan 16 years ago, when I first watched 'Pinky and the Brain' show!

I knew there was something to this. Even the characters match. Bob is 'The Brain' and Kitich is 'Pinky'.

I was wondering why the plan to control the worl failed from very beggining. Now I know. :D

Maybe you should guys star with something very small first and see how successfull you are. Take baby steps, even it might take very very long time!

It was funny then, and is even funnier now. Especially when you get to see it live! :p
              Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Tuesday, 13th March, 2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

You don't have to be rude about it. I brought this topic to attention, and although I didn't deserve Bob's praise, I certainly don't deserve your sarcasm.
                Master Zach,

It is unfortunate that you had to put down kids in Ghana like that. It is hard to tell what your real attention was.

Your accusations of calling Aman rude is ridiculous and disrespectful.

Maybe you can join Gillanders and Kitich for world domination. According to secret sources, it looks like their hidden agenda. :D

Don't ask me how I know!

Seems to us you guys have a lot in common. Maybe you will get somewhere. :p
                Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Tuesday, 13th March, 2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                  Zach has nothing to apologize for.
                  Why should anyone apologize, after such disrespectful actions and insults. According to some people, who think they are better then everyone else, it is very ridiculous thing to do!

Maybe Master Zach can join your team to achieve your secret hidden agenda 'World domination'. :o

Don't ask me how we know. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post
                    I was wondering if Zachary would like to donate his entire life savings to Ghana. I intend to do nothing. WAITING FOR APPLAUSE.

Thanks Aman. All points are valid.

It is very clear to us now, that Master Zach just wants attention and not interesting in starting anything or helping anybody. :p

Truth comes out eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
                      Gosh, it looks like knows. Actually, the CFC plans for world domination are not secret, our double agent 007 Bond has infiltrated FIDE, and the CFC rating system is the gold standard. In the interests of full disclosure, here is the CFC executive training video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGUqw...eature=related

Comment

Thanks Aman. All points are valid.

It is very clear to us now, that Master Zach just wants attention and not interesting in starting anything or helping anybody. :p

Truth comes out eventually.
                        Hi Mike,

Someone had to bring up the topic, and I was in no way, waiting for applause. I was also, in no way, wanting attention. I don't know how many times that I have to say this, but I was passing on a MESSAGE, from our friend of Ghana. I had no intentions of starting anything myself, at any point in time. I thought that was clear when I made this thread. My goal was to see if it was actually possible to help. Turns out, CFC has their hands full, and Hal is looking into it. I don't think I deserve all these individual attacks, and I'm starting to see that it's less of giving me pointers, and more of trying to humiliate me in public.

In the meantime, I have been talking to Abbey Emmanuel on facebook. He is very happy I made a thread on chesstalk, and he hopes that Ghana will be aided in some way.

By saying I am not helping anybody, you are wrong. I am helping our friend from Ghana. If I were to not post on chesstalk, his pleads would remain unheard. Now, there is a chance that Ghana can be helped, and I have played my part.

I deserve nor praise, nor attacks.

Zach

Comment

Master Zach,

It is unfortunate that you had to put down kids in Ghana like that. It is hard to tell what your real attention was.

Your accusations of calling Aman rude is ridiculous and disrespectful.

Maybe you can join Gillanders and Kitich for world domination. According to secret sources, it looks like their hidden agenda. :D

Don't ask me how I know!

Seems to us you guys have a lot in common. Maybe you will get somewhere. :p
                          Hi Mike,

I don't know if you missed it, but Aman is intentionally trying to humiliate me publicly. I am not sure what your definition of "rude" is.

Zach

Comment

This is such a cool thread, I can't resist commenting:
                            1) I think Ghana is a third-world country aka developing country, check it out on Wikipedia
                            2) Jesse, you need trolling lessons from Aman
                            3) Sometimes the difference between people in real life and people online are so drastically different
                            4) Pinky and the Brain was one of my favorite shows growing up, but I always thought the Brain was an arrogant jerk :(
                            Shameless self-promotion on display here
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Hi Mike,

I don't know if you missed it, but Aman is intentionally trying to humiliate me publicly. Zach
                              No one is humiliating you here. Why do you always think there is a consipary against you here?

All Aman is doing is bringing very valid points, and I completely agree with him.

I am not sure what your definition of "rude" is.
                              Ask your English teacher, he/she will tell you. Mine same as his/hers. :D

Comment

All Aman is doing is bringing very valid points, and I completely agree with him.
                                Thank you. What can I say...

Comment

Working...
                                X