Quebec student deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quebec student deal

With all the protests happening this is starting to lose its shock value in Canada.

Quebec discontent isn't exactly something new.

I'd imagine many professors whose contracts expire this summer will likely try to find positions in other places. It can't be much fun trying to educate under such circumstances.

The U.S. has issued a travel advisory.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/news-eve...udent-protests
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Quebec student deal

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      The U.S. has issued a travel advisory.
      The protest in Quebec City last Monday night was not particularly raucous at least watching from the cafe where we were hoisting a few beers. There was a pretty heavy police presence.

Comment

Re : Re: Quebec student deal

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        The protest in Quebec City last Monday night was not particularly raucous at least watching from the cafe where we were hoisting a few beers. There was a pretty heavy police presence.
        There are nearly no students in Quebec City that are on strike... Most of the action is in Montreal.

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        I'd imagine many professors whose contracts expire this summer will likely try to find positions in other places. It can't be much fun trying to educate under such circumstances.
        Professors are quite happy of the situation. They are paid to stay at home, and will be paid at twice their usual rate if they need to catch back some time... It's not surprising to see some professors in the riots.

Here's one philosophy professor from my college (he is called the ''anarchopanda'') :
        Last edited by Felix Dumont; Friday, 25th May, 2012, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Quebec student deal

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post

Professors are quite happy of the situation. They are paid to stay at home, and will be paid at twice their usual rate if they need to catch back some time... It's not surprising to see some professors in the riots.

I admire their dedication. Those who can, do Those who can't do, teach.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
          X