Clear All

• https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle...ue&uac=66555DT

Ivermectin-COVID-19 Study Retracted; Authors Blame File Mixup

Monday, November 8, 2021

Bob A

Comment

• Let's Go Brandon

Comment

• For those wondering what in the world 'Let's Go Brandon' means...

https://news.yahoo.com/dan-rather-le...154419423.html

...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• It is very concerning that as restictions are eased for those persons double-vaccinated, these people themselves are now passing the virus around in larger and larger numbers. Those vaccinated are more dangerous than those not, for they are more likely to transmit asymptomatically. We are in trouble.

Comment

• I believe in Ontario now (The last two days), the new cases are basically split between unvaccinated and vaccinated.

But the point is that the vaccinated are using much less medical resources while sick, and less sick than the unvaccinated.

But.....still........as Brad says: "We are in trouble."

Bob A

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
              But the point is that the vaccinated are using much less medical resources while sick, and less sick than the unvaccinated.
              To be sure, and I do not mean to suggest an argument against vaccination. But it has become clear that the vaccinations have limited use, and that they are essentially a pain-killer to reduce symptoms, one which will wear off and require more doses, but nothing remotely close to a cure. Since fully vaccinated persons can communicate the disease in large numbers we need to go back into lockdown. And we may need to stay in lockdown for a very long time. If this pandemic does not fizzle after a few years, like many in the past have, and instead continues indefinately, then we are worse than in big trouble, we are finished completely. We cannot vaccinate our way out of this, more virulent variants will lilely appear.

When the world initially went into lockdown, and few planes were in the air, the pollution was radically reduced and nature began to gradually return and recover. Humans are too stupid to see this as a lesson, as one last chance to clean up our act. We want to go back to "normal", and return to "growth". On a planet already overpopulated and dying due to climate change, on a planet with a finite capcity, we want to continue to grow forever?! We are idiots.

Only a miracle will save us. We may have a few years left if we are lucky. Wake up. We must shut down the economy and go into worldwide lockdown, allowing only absolutely necessary travel, personal contact and economic activity. We must do so now, and for as long as it takes.

Of course, we will not. Civilization will fall apart, and anarchy and caveman rule will result, if not full extinction.

Comment

• Germany the 14th country to go over 100,000 deaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

To be sure, and I do not mean to suggest an argument against vaccination. But it has become clear that the vaccinations have limited use, and that they are essentially a pain-killer to reduce symptoms, one which will wear off and require more doses, but nothing remotely close to a cure. Since fully vaccinated persons can communicate the disease in large numbers we need to go back into lockdown. And we may need to stay in lockdown for a very long time. If this pandemic does not fizzle after a few years, like many in the past have, and instead continues indefinately, then we are worse than in big trouble, we are finished completely. We cannot vaccinate our way out of this, more virulent variants will lilely appear.

When the world initially went into lockdown, and few planes were in the air, the pollution was radically reduced and nature began to gradually return and recover. Humans are too stupid to see this as a lesson, as one last chance to clean up our act. We want to go back to "normal", and return to "growth". On a planet already overpopulated and dying due to climate change, on a planet with a finite capcity, we want to continue to grow forever?! We are idiots.

Only a miracle will save us. We may have a few years left if we are lucky. Wake up. We must shut down the economy and go into worldwide lockdown, allowing only absolutely necessary travel, personal contact and economic activity. We must do so now, and for as long as it takes.

Of course, we will not. Civilization will fall apart, and anarchy and caveman rule will result, if not full extinction.

I saw a headline in online news this morning: "Environmentalists Urge Halt To Amazon Gold Rush". I believe it was referring to the Amazon region in Brazil, not Amazon the company.

If there is indeed a gold rush happening in the Amazon region, I would say not a single one of the people involved are going to stop and think, "Wait a minute, this is bad for the environment."

David Suzuki just said that it's going to come down to "pipelines being blown up" to save us from climate change.

It's always struck me how the theory of evolution says that we tend to evolve towards survival of the species, but says nothing about survival of the individual. Meanwhile, survival of the individual is what is REALLY driving human behavior much more profoundly than natural selection.

Oh, by the way Brad, I think we do have a fighting chance to stave off extinction. That's because for the ultra-rich, there are radiation-proof, nuclear bomb-proof, climate catastrophe-proof bunkers that can be lived in for years, with green power sources and recycling systems. So the people who survive are the very ones who are getting the most out of raping the Earth and the people around them.

Wash, rinse, recycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post
                    I think we do have a fighting chance to stave off extinction. That's because for the ultra-rich, there are radiation-proof, nuclear bomb-proof, climate catastrophe-proof bunkers that can be lived in for years, with green power sources and recycling systems
                    I do not expect extinction, but I do fear a collapse of civilization. All that this collapse will require is a loss of electricity, or possibly even of the internet. People in the cities will be in the most trouble, those who can live in the country will be the cavemen with the best chance of survival. This is/was our last chance, we have got to lock down now, and we have got to stop all but the most essenrial eonconomic output and travel, now. But we will not and are not, we are too stupid, too greedy, too brainwashed. We need to face the fact that we have a new system, a new paradigm. a "new world order" just like they used to talk about. This is the new "normal" and the old one is gone forever.

I feel the saddest for the young. Many of us here have already lived most of a good life, but the young of today will never get the chance. Unless a miracle is possible and takes place.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	pandemicpawn.gif Views:	0 Size:	25.9 KB ID:	216544

Just my graphic statement ... Political / Cultural / Social / Healthical ...etc.

PANDEMIC PAWN

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Friday, 26th November, 2021, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• The new omicron variation is spreading around the planet at a very fast pace, yet ONLY vaccinated people are doing the travelling, thus ONLY vaccinated people are spreading the new variant globally, leading to more and more transmissions locally. If a more lethal variant comes along and we allow travel, the world ends.

Comment

• vaccinated or not, everybody just wear a mask when going out should slow the transmission

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                            The new omicron variation is spreading around the planet at a very fast pace, yet ONLY vaccinated people are doing the travelling, thus ONLY vaccinated people are spreading the new variant globally, leading to more and more transmissions locally. If a more lethal variant comes along and we allow travel, the world ends.
                            The next variant might be named the "omigod" variant.

Comment

• The variations, as we know, are named after the letters in the Greek alphabet. The last letter is Omega. If we get the Omega variation it is checkmate.

If we do not smarten up, lock down and cease travel, we will be checkmated sooner or later, probably sooner. This is a wake-up call for mankind, our last chance, but we are too stupid to realize it. Soon we will see the Omega variant, and it will be all over.

I hope I am wrong, but people who have known me for a long time know that I have been predicting these days for as long as they have known me. I have been right so far. It was not difficult to see coming given the disrespect we show for each other, for animals and for the planet. Nature will only tolerate us for so long, we are being culled at the moment, but a full extinction may be next.

Enjoy the time you have to the fullest.
                              Last edited by Brad Thomson; Thursday, 9th December, 2021, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody Bene View Post
                                vaccinated or not, everybody just wear a mask when going out should slow the transmission
                                In my opinion, there's simple yet very valuable truth in Cody's post. It's unrealistic to already expect we can wipe out COVID, at this time what we're doing is managing it. Every mask that reduces transmission helps. Every vaccine that reduces use of hospital resources helps. In the end, it's about both the science and the math. On the math side, every non-transmission/non-hospital helps, think of a credit card company reducing the interest % on an overdue balance. Yes, it still hurts but it hurts less, and then "more less". Then on the science side, well, the current understanding is that variants like the omicron likely bred in someone who could not beat COVID, and it just kept replicating within them, mutating repeatedly (is it up to 50 mutations now?) - so every vaccination that helps someone from being overwhelmed like that by COVID would help. This is NOT a mate-in-three problem. It's positional grinding. Masks, vaccines, distancing, ventilation, stay home, etc.

My 2c worth (I am not an epidemiologist)

Comment

Working...
                                X