COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    US leads all the numbers however Russia, Brazil, and now India numbers rapidly rising.
    U.S. leads all in REPORTED numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

U.S. leads all in REPORTED numbers.
      Yeah, that's a good emphasis point. I believe there's practically scientific consensus that there's way more survivors than positive tests, pretty well everywhere this thing has invaded.

One thing I'm finding very disappointing is reports that there seems to be a high failure rate with immunity blood tests in the States, maybe as many as 50% false results (pos & neg).

But with no imminent vaccine, that's exactly the kind of testing we need accurately in order to re-open for work in a reasonably safe way. I don't think Canada has any such tests yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Yeah, that's a good emphasis point. I believe there's practically scientific consensus that there's way more survivors than positive tests, pretty well everywhere this thing has invaded.

One thing I'm finding very disappointing is reports that there seems to be a high failure rate with immunity blood tests in the States, maybe as many as 50% false results (pos & neg).

But with no imminent vaccine, that's exactly the kind of testing we need accurately in order to re-open for work in a reasonably safe way. I don't think Canada has any such tests yet?

Can you provide links to these "reports" claiming as many as 50% false immunity blood test results?

If the reports are claiming to know which results are false, then it must have access to what the results "should be", which means the data is already known? Where is this "truth" coming from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Can you provide links to these "reports" claiming as many as 50% false immunity blood test results?

If the reports are claiming to know which results are false, then it must have access to what the results "should be", which means the data is already known? Where is this "truth" coming from?
          Here's one link from the CDC in the States. In layman terms, it seems that multiple tests were rushed to market simply because it was felt that they had to be. I am sympathetic to that urgency.

However, it seems some of these tests aren't as good as had been hoped. The problem then seems to be that, with different quality of tests already there, and with probably not the most coherent testing strategies, and with seemingly inferior centralized data collection, that current immunity blood testing runs into problems such as the following example: current estimates are that with 5% prevalence, a single immunity blood test currently seems to have a 48.6% chance of being a false positive. There's other examples in the announcement, and various news sources have been commenting on it. If I am mistaken, I have no problem receiving better news, I'm just posting something that seems legitimate. If the article is correct, then I stand by my claim of disappointment.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...uidelines.html

Here's an overview article from CNN, feel free to look for other networks if you prefer:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/healt...ong/index.html
          Last edited by Aris Marghetis; Wednesday, 27th May, 2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• I was wondering how the US was weathering the pandemic along its political divide.
            I summarized the data a few days ago, state by state, and then grouped them as either Red, Blue, or Battleground.
            The differences are quite stark.

Data as of May 23, per million

Red States: Cases 2,810 Deaths 112
            Battleground States: Cases 3,418 Deaths 193
            Blue States: Cases 8,328. Deaths 507

Now there are numerous variables in play.

It will be interested to see the changes in a week or two.

Attached Files
            Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Wednesday, 27th May, 2020, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
              I was wondering how the US was weathering the pandemic along its political divide.
              I summarized the data a few days ago, state by state, and then grouped them as either Red, Blue, or Battleground.
              The differences are quite stark.

Data as of May 23, per million

Red States: Cases 2,810 Deaths 112
              Battleground States: Cases 3,418 Deaths 193
              Blue States: Cases 8,328. Deaths 507

Now there are numerous variables in play.

It will be interested to see the changes in a week or two.
              Those death rates in blue states would be much lower if they hadn't intentionally inflicted COVID patients on nursing homes. The death numbers for states like California and Washington are much lower than those in the northeast and midwest. Washington had the first cases and deaths in nursing homes but they learned from the experience.

When you are working for the devil and his agenda, there is a tax and it is usually in human lives.

Further, what is going on with this organized effort to discredit hydroxychloroquine despite studies that shows that it works? I'll tell you. Hydroxychloriquine is out of patent and has been used for some sixty-five years. The course that works includes hydroxychloroquine, zinc and either Azithromycin or doxycycline has been shown to be effective by hundreds of doctors in thousands of patients. Hydroxychloroquine costs pennies a pill to make in mass production and any drug manufacturer can make it. Alternative treatments cost $1000 a dose and likely contribute heavily to politicians.

The study published on Friday found Covid-19 patients who received the malaria drug were dying at higher rates and experiencing more heart-related complications than other virus patients. The large observational study analysed data from nearly 15,000 patients with Covid-19 who received the drug alone or in combination with antibiotics, comparing this data with 81,000 controls who did not receive the drug. https://www.theguardian.com/science/...s-for-covid-19

Comment

Further, what is going on with this organized effort to discredit hydroxychloroquine despite studies that shows that it works?
                The reason is that being one of the available and with a potential to treat COVID it was widely used everywhere. Now the results (statistics) are analyzed and data published. Many cases showed that the drug had a lot of side effects including the heart attack leading to death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

The reason is that being one of the available and with a potential to treat COVID it was widely used everywhere. Now the results (statistics) are analyzed and data published. Many cases showed that the drug had a lot of side effects including the heart attack leading to death.
                  Why does this side effect not show up until Trump extols its efficacy?

The study which is at the heart of this claim seemed to claim to be a VA study and the head of the VA disavowed it. It evaluated the results on two very disparate groups, the not very sick and the very sick and compared the results for the two. The very sick were given in some cases only parts of the accepted treatment protocol which consists of zinc, hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic.

Comment

I think he started that in March that they have treatment without much of evidences. Even at that time Fauci was telling to hold horses on too promising claims.

After some time when dust will settle we'll might see the effect of all treatments and why the USA climbed over 100000 deaths even having such good Trump's medicine.

Comment

The study which is at the heart of this claim seemed to claim to be a VA study and the head of the VA disavowed it. It evaluated the results on two very disparate groups, the not very sick and the very sick and compared the results for the two. The very sick were given in some cases only parts of the accepted treatment protocol which consists of zinc, hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic.
                      It seems that there's multiple applicable studies. Part of the challenge is that some studies have been abandoned for ethical reasons: too many people were suffering from the side effects.

And I'm not clear on what Trump has to do with such findings? I would think the vast majority of scientists care more about the science, than about a politician. Wouldn't you agree with that?

I expect that if this, or any treatment, is promissing, everyone will embrace it happily. I know I would. I really couldn't care less whether any particular politician had been right/wrong all along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

It seems that there's multiple applicable studies. Part of the challenge is that some studies have been abandoned for ethical reasons: too many people were suffering from the side effects.

And I'm not clear on what Trump has to do with such findings? I would think the vast majority of scientists care more about the science, than about a politician. Wouldn't you agree with that?

I expect that if this, or any treatment, is promissing, everyone will embrace it happily. I know I would. I really couldn't care less whether any particular politician had been right/wrong all along.
                        I have not looked at many of those studies but in general there are studies that are published with rigorous peer review and then there are other studies that are less rigorous: pre-prints (notorious for rushing results as fast as they can be typed into a word processing program) and other very limited studies that have extremely narrow participant ranges.

It can be a full time job just to properly check out 'studies'.

Of course, the media is always looking for sound bites so many things that are reported are just glimpses into something that is often misrepresented or glossed over.

I would not take medical advice (or any other advice for that matter) from Trump. As far as I am concerned he has a mono agenda and is not qualified at anything - except for grabbing women etc.
                        Keep in mind the political turmoil currently in the U.S. that is largely fueled by Trump and the GOP (remember "there are good people on both sides" apparently only applies to Nazi gatherings not the House or the Senate...)

Look at what is happening in Minnesota right now and how this is playing out. It is not hard to guess where it is heading.
                        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• This is what can happen on hydroxychlorowhat.

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                            This is what can happen on hydroxychlorowhat.
                            HA! Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

I have not looked at many of those studies but in general there are studies that are published with rigorous peer review and then there are other studies that are less rigorous: pre-prints (notorious for rushing results as fast as they can be typed into a word processing program) and other very limited studies that have extremely narrow participant ranges.

It can be a full time job just to properly check out 'studies'.

Of course, the media is always looking for sound bites so many things that are reported are just glimpses into something that is often misrepresented or glossed over.

I would not take medical advice (or any other advice for that matter) from Trump. As far as I am concerned he has a mono agenda and is not qualified at anything - except for grabbing women etc.
                              If Biden wins we have someone who actually does grab women by the... vs. someone who said he could grab women by the...

Keep in mind the political turmoil currently in the U.S. that is largely fueled by Trump and the GOP
                              So all this business about Russian collusion and witch hunts didn't have anything to do with it? The turmoil is that the fix was in but the people rebelled and voted for Trump.

Obama was the worst president ever and belongs in prison for the coup that he and the Democrats tried to engineer while lying about every detail.

(remember "there are good people on both sides" apparently only applies to Nazi gatherings not the House or the Senate...)
                              Fake news. He was not talking about the neo-nazis, he was talking about the people who were upset at historical statues being torn down. This is clear in all but the edited CNN/MSNBC fake news edited clips.

Look at what is happening in Minnesota right now and how this is playing out. It is not hard to guess where it is heading.
                              Minnesota is one more Democrat controlled hellhole. Why would you be surprised that hell breaks out? The city where this happened is under Democrat control. The police force is under Democrat control. This is the future of all 50 states if democrats get more control.

Comment

• Keep watching the US. It is THE SHOW. With all that entertainment we can almost forget we are isolated pawns.

Comment

Working...
                                X