COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia! Back in March they had pictures of thousands flocking to the beaches and government warnings amidst virus spikes. Since then Australia has managed well with only 27000 cases and less than 1000 deaths! Kudos and a big thumbs up to the folks down under! (while other countries have had thousands or hundreds of cases daily, Australia, a continent!, has managed single digits)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
      It would be very foolish to take anything at face value with this administration. Constant lying is what they do.
      The Toronto Star headline: With conflicting reports of how Donald Trump is coping with COVID, knowing the truth may be tricky

anyway - speed recovery.

Comment

• On Thursday, Hope Hicks, Donald Trump and Melania Trump tested positive. After having felt symptoms on Thursday, Mike Lee also tested positive Friday morning. While waiting for the results of his test, Ron Johnson WENT TO A PARTY THAT NIGHT and later tested positive. He KNEW that other Republicans he had recently been in close contact with had tested positive the previous day, and HE STILL WENT TO A PARTY WHILE WAITING FOR THE RESULTS.

When asked if he was told to self-quarantine while waiting for the results, he responded that there was “no reason to do so.” This is a direct quote from the CDC's guidelines: "If you do get tested, you should self-quarantine/isolate at home pending test results and follow the advice of your health care provider or a public health professional."

Over 200,000 Americans are dead, Trump tested positive and is now in hospital, and Republicans still show absolutely no sign that they're going to start taking this seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

Over 200,000 Americans are dead, Trump tested positive and is now in hospital, and Republicans still show absolutely no sign that they're going to start taking this seriously.
          200,000 American deaths ... it would of been a hell of a lot more if Trump didn't take early action as he did in restricting air travel from China!!!

To bad your kind labelled him as being "unconstitutional" and "immoral" and "reckless" and ... and ... , when did take that LIFE SAVING action.

So, why didn't your kind rally around him???

Wanted to see more American deaths is the only logical answer ...sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

200,000 American deaths ... it would of been a hell of a lot more if Trump didn't take early action as he did in restricting air travel from China!!!

To bad your kind labelled him as being "unconstitutional" and "immoral" and "reckless" and ... and ... , when did take that LIFE SAVING action.

So, why didn't your kind rally around him???

Wanted to see more American deaths is the only logical answer ...sigh.
            Trump did this one thing, so nothing else matters! Who cares if this Republican senator went to a party while waiting for the results for his test? Trump did something in January! Nothing else matters! Who cares that he didn't publicly wear a mask until July? He did this one thing in January! Hey, did you hear about what a couple of Democrats said in January? Ignore the fact that Republicans are just hanging out en masse with no masks; Trump did one thing in January! Nothing else matters! Wait, Kellyanne Conway lied to her daughter about the fact that she tested positive? Who cares! Trump did something in January! Trump's family just ignores the rules and walks around without wearing masks? IT DOESN'T MATTER! TRUMP DID THIS ONE THING IN JANUARY! IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE! ALL I CARE ABOUT IS THAT TRUMP DID ONE THING IN JANUARY!

Comment

Trump did this one thing, ...
              You failed to answer the critical question ... Mr. All CAPS.

Why didn't your kind rally around him way back in January, when he started to restrict air travel from China? You would of saved lives ...sigh.

Tuffy, huh?

Comment

Why didn't your kind rally around him way back in January, when he started to restrict air travel from China? You would of saved lives ...sigh.

Tuffy, huh?
                How exactly would people in January supporting his decision to restrict air travel from China have saved lives? Were Democrats secretly sneaking people in from China or something?

Remember when Republicans were criticising Bernie for saying that Castro had a good literacy program, even though he completely condemned him otherwise? This is you without the condemning part. No matter how much bad Trump and Republicans do, without fail you'll always respond with, "But what about the one good thing that Trump did do?"

Comment

How exactly would people in January supporting his decision to restrict air travel from China have saved lives? Were Democrats secretly sneaking people in from China or something?

Remember when Republicans were criticising Bernie for saying that Castro had a good literacy program, even though he completely condemned him otherwise? This is you without the condemning part. No matter how much bad Trump and Republicans do, without fail you'll always respond with, "But what about the one good thing that Trump did do?"
                  There were democrats telling people to go to Chinatown (Pelosi) and go out and dine on the town (Cuomo) as late as March. The Trump derangement syndrome is strong here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

There were democrats telling people to go to Chinatown (Pelosi) and go out and dine on the town (Cuomo) as late as March. The Trump derangement syndrome is strong here.
                    It's actually astonishing. I make multiple posts about how Trump supporters will just bring up the same few talking points from over six months ago every time Trump is criticised, and a Trump supporter appears and..... brings up the same talking points again. It's like clockwork. Curiously enough, they never seem to mention the fact that Pelosi said this at a time when there were 0 cases in her district and nothing was shut down anywhere in the country. Cuomo shut down dining in restaurants on March 16. According to Wikipedia, Ohio was the only state in the country to shut down dining in restaurants one day earlier: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact..._United_States

I'll say it again: you know that I'm right when Trump supporters can't actually respond to any criticisms against Trump and Republicans, but can only try to pivot away to the same few talking points from over six months ago over and over again. To quote Trump: sad.

Comment

• It's pretty clear that in private many politicians don't take Covid seriously. A fairly recent example is Premier Doug Ford, who attended a wedding with more than 150 people, while haranguing Ontarians about social distancing, wearing masks, etc.:

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/09/...bited-parties/

These people are hypocrites. It would be even worse if, for example, Ford suspected he had Covid but went to the wedding anyway and didn't inform people of that.
                      "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Tuffy, huh?
                        Here's a fact checking article from AP News which provides a different, and no doubt far more accurate, viewpoint on some of the Trump nonsense that you and Vlad are supporting. Warning: this article contains some four and five syllable words.

https://apnews.com/article/d227b34b1...068b92a03c003d
                        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post

I doubt either Trump or Biden are racists.
                          Trump administration helped Blacks economically at least until the Communist virus. Teach a man to fish, etc.
                          Trump has managed something not achieved since Jimmy Carter, at least thus far in Trump's administration. No new, pointless, endless wars.

Trump likes POC so much he tries to avoid killing them overseas, despite the outcry of neocon and neoliberal alike. He likes the military grunts so much he doesn't want them to die in foreign lands for pointless reasons. This last is more than enough reason to give him a second term.
                          I've read the above a few times now and can't get a good handle on whether you intended some or all of this as humour. Trump not a racist? Jeez it makes me feel exhausted to listen to people who really feel this way and I hope you're not one of them. If you really mean it, after everything that's happened over the last five years, then I have nothing more to say. Also, reducing minorities to an acronym makes me feel uncomfortable - seems like just one more piece of dehumanizing disrespect.

"Teach a man to fish...?" Here's an article that captures my feelings on the matter:

https://www.andyposner.org/2018/07/2...an-woman-fish/
                          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Yes, I am 100% serious. I don't think Trump is a racist. If you think he is, well, we must agree to disagree. If you are uncomfortable with my using POC to describe what is the majority of people in the world because it is dehumanizing, well, again we will have to agree to disagree.
                            Last edited by Tom O'Donnell; Sunday, 4th October, 2020, 12:11 PM.
                            "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                              Yes, I am 100% serious. I don't think Trump is a racist. If you think he is, well, we must agree to disagree. If you are uncomfortable with my using POC to describe what is the majority of people in the world because it is dehumanizing, well, again we will have to agree to disagree.
                              Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post

Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself.
                                I am going to assume this is some sort of joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X