COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a badge of honor to be asked to resign from a committee of murderers. She is one of the worlds leading immunologists
    abd you would be well served by listening very carefully to
    the video I posted.
    You are a chess player and the great thing about the game is
    that it teaches us how to critically think so watch the video and you be the judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
      It is a badge of honor to be asked to resign from a committee of murderers. She is one of the worlds leading immunologists
      abd you would be well served by listening very carefully to
      the video I posted.
      You are a chess player and the great thing about the game is
      that it teaches us how to critically think so watch the video and you be the judge.
      Sid, imo the hyperbolic rhetoric isn't helpful here (text I've bolded). After all, if Dr. Cahill thought she was on a committee of murderers then wouldn't she have resigned on her own initiative rather than waiting to be asked? I'll follow your recommendation to watch the whole video but it's an hour long so it will have to be in bits and pieces over the next couple of days.

BTW, thanks for that link to the Doidge article. Very interesting. Here's just one snippet that certainly applies to this discussion (i.e. you, Lucas, Bob G., me, etc.):

"Not only are lay people confused; professionals are. All that seems certain is that there is something disturbing going on in our science, and that if and when the “perfect study” were to ever come along, many won’t know what to believe."
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Spain and Argentina 1 million + cases, Columbia and France close behind.

Comment

• Sigh ... Just another entitled Dem CAUGHT without a face mask...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...44698341408769

...Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes not wearing a mask in the White House just after she interviewed/lectured Trump all about COVID-19.

BRILLIANT ... pure and simple :))))

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
            Sigh ... Just another entitled Dem CAUGHT without a face mask...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...44698341408769

...Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes not wearing a mask in the White House just after she interviewed/lectured Trump all about COVID-19.

BRILLIANT ... pure and simple :))))
            I'm glad that you're finally willing to condemn people for not wearing masks when they're supposed to! I assume you're now willing to condemn Trump, his family, and all the other Republicans who routinely don't wear masks when they should be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

I assume you're now willing to condemn Trump, his family, and all the other Republicans who routinely don't wear masks when they should be?
              That would be another FAKE assumption on your part, ha!

Those that lecture and belittle folks for not wearing a face mask ... you know Lucas like Pelosi and now Stahl of 60 Minutes ... those are the ones I find repugnant.

Comment

That would be another FAKE assumption on your part, ha!

Those that lecture and belittle folks for not wearing a face mask ... you know Lucas like Pelosi and now Stahl of 60 Minutes ... those are the ones I find repugnant.
                Oh, so you're fine with people spreading a deadly virus because they're too selfish to wear a mask. I'm glad that you've finally just come out and said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post

Oh, so you're fine with people spreading a deadly virus because they're too selfish to wear a mask.
                  Say what???

I think the only thing you're truly glad about ... these lecturing entitled Dems get CAUGHT!!!
                  Won't be long until we see another ...sigh.

:))))

Comment

Remdesevirs utterly failed in tits most recent WHO trial a few days ago. It was a failed Ebola drug and a failure as a COVID19 Drug. Dr. Fauci knowlingly promoted somrething as "the standard of care" that everyone knew could not work.
                    I wondered about that as there had been previous studies which showed that hydroxychloroquine worked and remdesevir had only a marginal effect. Does that mean that Trump's cure was miraculous or that the other treatment he received was sufficient in and of itself.

Comment

these lecturing entitled Dems get CAUGHT!!!
                      Won't be long until we see another ...sigh.

So there you have it - it's all about making people who disagree with you feel bad just so you can feel good. Because you can't feel good on your own, you always have to have an enemy you can "beat", or at least unilaterally declare victory over.

Comment

• l have been doing a lot of cooking over these past few months and I can tell you that I have improved considerably, especially my Hungarian dishes. My wife can attest to that. As well, I have expanded my music appreciation by great lengths. Thanks COVID, there is always a bright side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

I wondered about that as there had been previous studies which showed that hydroxychloroquine worked and remdesevir had only a marginal effect. Does that mean that Trump's cure was miraculous or that the other treatment he received was sufficient in and of itself.
                          He received a cocktail of drugs including monoclonal antibodies from Regeneron. He also took vitamin d3 zinc and other good antivirals. It was rumored he took remdesevir but if true i suspect his recovery was no thanks to that molecule. He took HCQ +zinc prophylactically for a short period of time but unfortunately stopped before the combo could have an effect. After he was treated he started heavily promoting Regeneron's monoclonal antibodies. So that was probably the main driver.
                          I had the impression that he wanted to advertise innovative research going on in terms of COVID19.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Ficzere View Post
                            l have been doing a lot of cooking over these past few months and I can tell you that I have improved considerably, especially my Hungarian dishes. My wife can attest to that. As well, I have expanded my music appreciation by great lengths. Thanks COVID, there is always a bright side.
                            That's a thing of beauty :) Which Hungarian dish is your fav?

Thanks to that skateboard guy ... @doggface208 ... I've rediscovered the Fleetwood Mac vibe...

@doggface208
                            https://www.instagram.com/p/CFkxv93JvR5/

Fleetwood Mac
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ywicffOj4

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Wednesday, 21st October, 2020, 01:05 AM.

Comment

He received a cocktail of drugs including monoclonal antibodies from Regeneron. He also took vitamin d3 zinc and other good antivirals. It was rumored he took remdesevir but if true i suspect his recovery was no thanks to that molecule. He took HCQ +zinc prophylactically for a short period of time but unfortunately stopped before the combo could have an effect. After he was treated he started heavily promoting Regeneron's monoclonal antibodies. So that was probably the main driver.
                              I had the impression that he wanted to advertise innovative research going on in terms of COVID19.
                              Sid, here is further, apparently contradictory (a la Doidge), information: a recently completed study sponsored by WHO.

Solidarity Therapeutics Trial produces conclusive evidence on the effectiveness of repurposed drugs for COVID-19 in record time

In just six months, the world’s largest randomized control trial on COVID-19 therapeutics has generated conclusive evidence on the effectiveness of repurposed drugs for the treatment of COVID-19.

Interim results from the Solidarity Therapeutics Trial, coordinated by the World Health Organization, indicate that remdesivir, hydroxychloroquine, lopinavir/ritonavir and interferon regimens appeared to have little or no effect on 28-day mortality or the in-hospital course of COVID-19 among hospitalized patients.

The results of the trial are under review for publication in a medical journal and have been uploaded as preprint at medRxiv available at this link:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....15.20209817v1
                              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Peter, please explain the “contradiction”. I am not sure where you are going with it. I already posted the link you gave earlier
                                with a brief explanation of the results.

Comment

Working...
                                X