COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kerry Lyles
    wish people who use "Dr." would specify when appropriate that it is PhD not MD.
    I have a lot of respect for anyone with the tenacity and dedication to get a PhD in any field (well, almost any)
    but I find it very unfortunate that the term "Dr." has been co-opted to broadly cover them as well as medical doctors.

spoiler: I have not watched this entire video - just the first <5 minutes. I cannot form any opinion based on that.wish people who use "Dr." would specify when appropriate that it is PhD not MD.
    Yep, imagine our Canadian Minister of Health Patty Hadju has a Bacheror of Arts and only 6 short years ago got her Masters degree in Public Administration. Wow ---such an amazing medical and scientific career, and look where she is now. ...LOL!!!!!!..I think I would listen to Dr. Yeadon. He has clearly forgotten more than she knows about science and medicine which based on her educational background is ZERO. ZIP. NADA!

Dr Yeadon is a co-founder of Ziarco and CEO later sold to Novartis. He is an Allergy & Respiratory therapeutic area expert, developed out of deep knowledge of biology & therapeutics, and is an innovative drug discoverer with over 25 years of experience in drug discovery and development. Dr Yeadon has published over 40 original research articles and since 2011 has consulted to more than 20 biotechnology companies.

Prior to consulting as an independent, he was Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer of the A&R Research Unit of Pfizer. At Pfizer, Dr Yeadon was responsible for target selection and the progress into humans of new molecules, leading teams of up to 200 staff across all disciplines and won an Achievement Award for productivity in 2008. Under his leadership the unit invented oral and inhaled NCEs which delivered positive clinical proofs of concept in asthma, allergic rhinitis and COPD. He led productive external collaborations and was involved in product and device licensing.

Prior to Pfizer, Dr Yeadon worked at the Wellcome Research Labs with Salvador Moncada with a research focus on airway hyper-responsiveness and effects of pollutants including ozone and working in drug discovery of 5-LO, COX, NO and lung inflammation. With colleagues, he was the first to detect exhaled NO in animals and later to induce NOS in lung via allergic triggers. He attended the University of Surrey in Guildford, U.K, where he received his PhD (under Professor Ian Kitchen), with thesis work in the respiratory field, and a BSc, First Class, with Joint Honours, in Biochemistry and Toxicology

https://www.crunchbase.com/person/michael-yeadon
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Wednesday, 14th April, 2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

Thanks, but I will not challenge a racist or someone who calls someone else a Nazi. I am beginning to come around to Hugh Brodie's opinion and will post only on chess topics from now on.
      Just as well. No need to discus my Bruins on yet another quest for the cup even in these challenging times ;)

And besides ... we just signed Hart Trophy winner Taylor Hall ... tonight he got his first as a Bruin :)

COVID sidelined our team once already ... hope we stay healthy ;)

Go Bruins Go!

Comment

• The world: 3 million deaths. France is the 8th country to go over 100,000 deaths.

Comment

• Two things I've been tracking via Worldometers:

1) Worldwide death rate of closed cases:
          To the nearest 1%, it was 3% as of October 30th, and today fell to 2%.
          To be honest, I'm surprised it took this long (note though this is a challenging metric to get right)

2) Canada-States per capita death rate:
          This one is probably more accurate, and Canada keeps improving ratio, now only 35% of States.

Comment

• Interesting interview with British Columibia MD Dr. Stephen Malthouse.

https://rumble.com/vcmyy2-stephen-ma...ause-harm.html

Comment

• Norwegian Institute of Public Health's recommendation about AstraZeneca vaccine

The Norwegian Institute of Public Health has recommended stopping further use of the AstraZeneca vaccine (Vaxzevria) in the Coronavirus Immunisation Programme in Norway.

https://www.fhi.no/en/news/2021/astr...HztFIBNJxachYc

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                Two things I've been tracking via Worldometers:

1) Worldwide death rate of closed cases:
                To the nearest 1%, it was 3% as of October 30th, and today fell to 2%.
                To be honest, I'm surprised it took this long (note though this is a challenging metric to get right)

2) Canada-States per capita death rate:
                This one is probably more accurate, and Canada keeps improving ratio, now only 35% of States.
                Aris, I believe we follow the same website. Did you notice the new feature: weekly trends?
                They give data for the last week, and the week prior. I find it very helpful.

Death rates for last week - Canada 8 per million, USA 16 per million.
                New cases also shows a narrowing between Canada & USA.
                Canada still doing much better than USA to date, but USA catching up. I am thinking the main reason is they are ahead of us on vaccinations!

I was wondering what you thought of India. They are reporting very high level of new cases. Their total numbers are still very low. I am wondering if there is a reason India escaped the virus until recently, or maybe they were not reporting cases, for whatever reason, until just recently?

Anyway, it will be interesting to read the history books in 20 years. I think it may take that long to really understand it all.

Comment

• https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7680614/

Conclusion

The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death. Governments, policy makers and health organizations should utilize prosper and scientific evidence-based approach with respect to wearing facemasks, when the latter is considered as preventive intervention for public health.

Comment

• Mayo Clinic ... Feb. 13, 2021

Can face masks help slow the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19? Yes. Face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and physical distancing, can help slow the spread of the virus.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7680614/

Conclusion

The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death. Governments, policy makers and health organizations should utilize prosper and scientific evidence-based approach with respect to wearing facemasks, when the latter is considered as preventive intervention for public health.
                      Trying to get more information about who Baruch Vainshelboim is and up pops this:

https://www.amgenbiotechexperience.c...rily-believing

Too many of the links you post come with this sort of credibility-damaging baggage. Now, if I choose to read your Baruch V. article, I also have to find out who Amgen is so that I can assess their credibility - all of which is difficult online. Instead I choose to do something else with my time.
                      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Trying to get more information about who Baruch Vainshelboim is and up pops this:

Too many of the links you post come with this sort of credibility-damaging baggage. Now, if I choose to read your Baruch V. article, I also have to find out who Amgen is so that I can assess their credibility - all of which is difficult online. Instead, I choose to do something else with my time.
                        Lol, you are funny, Amgen is the world's largest independent biopharmaceutical company. The critique of the article posted by them is ridiculous, they claim the lowest Case Fatality Fatality in the world using our World in data is New Zealand at 1.1% the same data sources shows Singapore at .05%, Thailand at .24%, and Cote D'Ivoire at .60%.

They say no studies that prolonged wearing of masks causes hypoxia....LOL!!!! They have seen problems even with surgeons wearing masks during long operations causing deoxgenation https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18500410/

Of course, what can I expect from an industry that sponsors fraudulent false studies on efficacious cheap repurposed drugs so that they can sell their vaccines that have" 95%" efficacy in curing a runny nose (ie mild symptoms) but zero efficacy for severe Covid, zero improvements for mortality, and does not provide immunity ie does not prevent transmission or infection!
                        Here is the UK govts prediction that the majority of deaths in a third wave will be vaccinated (!) individuals!

https://sarahwestall.com/uk-governme...re-vaccinated/

Just keep drinking that Kool-Aid Peter!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                          Mayo Clinic ... Feb. 13, 2021

Can face masks help slow the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19? Yes. Face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and physical distancing, can help slow the spread of the virus.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449

Nope
                          In sum, when we look at the science, there is emerging and troubling evidence of harms from mask use in the absence of any benefits. This is also related to things as mundane as simple incorrect use of masking, as well as the development of complacency that emerges due to mask use and thus the relaxation of other mitigation steps, as well as mask contamination.

We also cannot discount the possible harms on our immune systems and general health from such constant and prolonged use of masks, given we have never done this before. We are in uncharted territory and especially so with the possible implications for our children. Their immune systems are still being developed and we are forcing lockdowns, school closures, and masking on a developing child and we have no prior experience on the subsequent outcomes pertaining to children’s development, health, and well-being.

Most discomforting is that those government bureaucrats in charge and particularly the ‘medical experts’ continue to fail to admit they were exceptionally incorrect with regard to most of what they have stated in terms of pandemic policies and response related to the Covid pandemic. They have harmed the very societies they are supposed to help protect. They have failed to look at the evidence or follow it, and continue to operate in an arbitrary nonscientific, nonevidence informed manner. They ‘attack,’ with the assistance of the mass media, those of us who question their policies and actions despite the disastrous outcomes of those public health policies. Indeed, we are often blamed for the failures (called ‘deniers’ or ‘heretics’) and crushing harms of all of their policies when it has actually been their specious, illogical, and unsound actions and recommendations that deserve public outcry.

https://www.aier.org/article/masking...-the-evidence/

Masks do not prevent viral transmission. Normally bacterial transmission is where they may be effective. COVID19 transmission is aerosolized and remains in the air for up to 3 to 4 hours and is .12 micorns in size and easily goes through 3 micron gaps in the weave of a mask. It is encapsulated in an oil coat and generally floats on its own without water that it does not mix with.
                          Most people that wear masks are asymptomatic and are not coughing and sneezing and have no way to infect you not that this is the normal way the virus is transmitted.
                          In any case the virus is very easily treatable with budesonide, ivermectin, hcq, and nutraceuticals and in this context masking makes ZERO sense. You have ben scammed from the beginning by a partnership of big pharma, big tech corrputed govt and big pharma funded and corrputed "scientists" and "Dr's that denied treatments that work. Fortuntely we have many honest Dr's and scientists speaking out.
                          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Tuesday, 20th April, 2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Wow, so this guy's just gone fully off the deep end, hey?

My pandemic supdates:

Have been writing some fire tunes. They are fire. Going to record a small project soon. Also, some of my bars may be featured on a prominent Canadian podcast. I will provide an ancillary supdate if this happens.

I took my German studies to the next level by setting my Tinder location to Berlin. It was great to practice basic interactions with real Germans. I also realized that Duolingo isn't necessarily the most useful indicator of what areas I should study. Knowing the words for wood, steel, plastic, paper and cotton? Not so useful. Knowing astrological signs? Very useful.

The signs are classically German, as in, they're very literal. Aries=Widder=Ram. Libra=Waage=Scales. And so on, to a sometimes humourous degree of literalism. Aquarius=Wassermann=Water-man. The one that kind of ended up blowing my mind was Virgo, though. Virgo=Jungfrau=Virgin. Yeah, virgin in German is literally just young woman. But German, of course, has gendered nouns, and that's where things get really interesting. I'm not 100% sure about this but according to my research:

Er ist ein Jungfrau = He is a virgin
                            Er ist eine Jungfrau = He is a Virgo
                            Sie ist eine Jungfrau = She is a virgin/Virgo (it's ambiguous)

If any German speakers could comment on the accuracy of my conclusion, that would be fire.

I've got some other projects on the go too. Most tangibly, I've started a podcast and will be releasing the first two episodes soon. I don't want to drop too many hints, but I will say that the podcast can perhaps best be described as a cross between Getting Doug With High, Inside the Actor's Studio, This American Life, and the essays of Camus. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Wow, Curtis, this is going to be by far the most fire podcast ever." But I honestly don't think that's entirely accurate. Rather, I'd say that it already is by far the most fire podcast ever, and I've simply yet to deliver this fire to the masses. Just gotta make sure Zeus doesn't catch me this time.

I'm also working on a theory of evolution that completely ignores, or maybe just sidesteps, Darwinian principles. But I need to do more shrooms before I can really start putting my ideas on this matter into semiotic form.
                            everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Too many of the links you post come with this sort of credibility-damaging baggage. Now, if I choose to read your Baruch V. article, I also have to find out who Amgen is so that I can assess their credibility - all of which is difficult online. Instead I choose to do something else with my time.
                              Good link. Thanks Peter.

The message is to be skeptical of claims on the internet, consider sources & fact check. Good advice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Good link. Thanks Peter.

The message is to be skeptical of claims on the internet, consider sources & fact check. Good advice!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 7.25.47 AM.png
Views:	115
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	212898

Comment

Working...
                                X