Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change Thread

Week # 22 (22/5/25 – 31)

Weekly Stats:

....................................................2022 Average.......................................................................... 2022 Average

.............................Last Week's.....Views/Day............................................Last Week's.........Responses/Day.

Views/Day...........Views/Day.......(To Date)........Responses/Day......Responses/Day........ (To Date)

...18................................8.......................52..........................1.................................0 ...........................3

Stats Analysis

The activity in the thread last week was substantially higher than the prior week. It is, of course, way behind the 2022 Average so far.

Being behind the yearly average is understandable since there were many more posts per week in the beginning than now, as everyone had their say. So the yearly average comes down only very slowly, given the high initial activity.

Also, now the activity is directly related to the number of new posts per day. It is the flagging of the thread by a new post, that brings CT'ers to see what the new information is.

It is now the case that only a couple of ChessTalker's, besides me, ever make an original climate change post. It is not that something is wrong with ChessTalker's....... we are merely reflecting the priority that society generally is currently giving to the climate change issue......a very low priority!??

I am making a number of climate change posts per week, to keep everyone up on the latest information. I hope to keep climate events, as they are occurring, before ChessTalk'ers, so that we know how things are deteriorating, as the world does effectively nothing that will solve the problem.

I would encourage other ChessTalk'ers to post here, as well. As I have said, both society, and ChessTalker's need to raise climate change on their list of priorities on which to spend time. Post any climate change items of interest that you come across, to share the newest information. There is lots of information out there, and we often only come across a small portion of it. Also, my posting time is more limited in the Spring/Summer/Fall, and so I may only make a few new posts per week.

The Pressing Climate Change Issue

The core issue, IMHO, IS how to get society to perceive the issue as URGENT, as it is.

What action is needed from climate activists to “AWAKEN” the public that this issue cannot just continuously be kicked down the road? Nature's Tipping point is estimated to be, on current trajectory, only 9 years away (Around Jan. 1, 2031).

The last report of the UN Climate Change Panel clearly stated that the window of opportunity to save ourselves is fast closing. Capping the temperature rise at only 1.5 degrees Celsius is now impossible. It noted that current government deadlines were totally insufficient to solve the problem. CO 2 must be capped by 2025! And for the first time, CO 2 removal has now become a necessary part of the solution.

Time is fast running out!

The Large Picture Solutions

Can we come up with at least one or two viable suggestions of impressive, radical things that might wake up the public, that we could then put out there to other concerned client activists?

CT'ers' Local Actions on Climate Change

You can do something! When you like one of this thread's links on an aspect of climate change, spread the news by posting it to your social media accounts and other Websites/Discussion Boards you participate in!

~ Bob (T-S/P)

Comment

• Global Warming

The Prior Time it Happened (Non-man-made - A Methane Atmospheric Canopy)

Nature Changed!!

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/a...=pocket-newtab

Click image for larger version

Name:	ClimateChange2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	219844

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Carbon Dioxide Levels Are Highest in Human History

Humans pumped 36 billion tons of the planet-warming gas into the atmosphere in 2021, more than in any previous year. It comes from burning oil, gas and coal.

This contributes to making an ever-denser atmospheric canopy around the Earth, that keeps in the heat hitting Earth, and does not allow it to escape when reflected off.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/03/c...de-record.html

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• The news only gets worse, Bob. Lip service is paid to the problem, but that is pretty much all. There is nothing that will make us stop, we are whiskey bent and hell bound. If JC is to return he had best do it soon, same for ET if s/he is to arrive and save the day. The problem is not the amount of our individual carbon footprints, it is that there are far too many of us doing it. I am a childless vegan who does not travel and who has never driven a car, who lives in a small place, and likes it when it is dark. But of course the world most certainly does not need any more people like me. :)

Comment

• Hi Brad:

You seem to have reached that wonderful place of peace in your core! You certainly have managed to "simplify".

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

One Consequence - Weather Extremes

Canada - Summer 2022

Subscribers Only

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...mhAW4S4QM2hoOG

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

Week # 23 (22/6/1 – 7)

Weekly Stats:

........................................................2022 Average........................................................................... 2022 Average

.............................Last Week's.....Views/Day...........................................Last Week's............Responses/Day.

Views/Day...........Views/Day.......(To Date)........Responses/Day......Responses/Day........ (To Date)

...24................................18................51.......................1....................................1 ............................3

Stats Analysis

The activity in the thread last week was a bit higher than the prior week.

It is, of course, way behind the 2022 Average so far. Being behind the yearly average is understandable since there were many more posts per week in the beginning than now, as everyone had their say. So the yearly average comes down only very slowly, given the high initial activity.

Now the activity is directly related to the number of new posts per day. It is the flagging of the thread by a new post, that brings CT'ers to see what the new information is. For the last number of weeks, the average has been around 20 views per day, with new posts likely being about 1 every 2nd day.

It is now the case that only a couple of ChessTalker's, besides me, ever make an original climate change post. It is not that something is wrong with ChessTalker's....... we are merely reflecting the priority that society generally is currently giving to the climate change issue......a very low priority!??

I am making a number of climate change posts per week, to keep everyone up on the latest information (I am shooting for a post every 2nd day, but am sometimes falling short on this). I hope to keep climate events, as they are occurring, before ChessTalk'ers, so that we know how things are deteriorating, as the world does effectively nothing that will solve the problem.

I would encourage other ChessTalk'ers to post here, as well. As I have said, both society, and ChessTalker's need to raise climate change on their list of priorities on which to spend time. Post any climate change items of interest that you come across, to share the newest information. There is lots of information out there, and we often only come across a small portion of it. Also, my posting time is more limited in the Spring/Summer/Fall, and so I may only make a few new posts per week.

The core issue, IMHO, IS how to get society to perceive the issue as URGENT, as it is.

What action is needed from climate activists to “AWAKEN” the public that this issue cannot just continuously be kicked down the road? Nature's Tipping point is estimated to be, on current trajectory, only 9 years away (Around Jan. 1, 2031).

The last report of the UN Climate Change Panel clearly stated that the window of opportunity to save ourselves is fast closing. Capping the temperature rise at only 1.5 degrees Celsius is now impossible. It noted that current government deadlines were totally insufficient to solve the problem. CO 2 must be capped by 2025! And for the first time, CO 2 removal has now become a necessary part of the solution.

Can we come up with at least one or two viable suggestions of impressive, radical things that might wake up the public, that we could then put out there to other concerned client activists?

You can do something! When you like one of this thread's links on an aspect of climate change, spread the news by posting it to your social media accounts and other Websites/Discussion Boards you participate in!

~ Bob (T-S/P)

Comment

• You are a good man, Bob, and I do wish that I could be more optimistic. But I see no way out, I never have, since I was a child. These days were always coming, and they can only end badly. The general population will never see the dire urgency of our problems. What we see, hear, read is all controlled. There is always, of course, the logical possibility of a miracle. I have long since given up trying to convince mankind of his stupidity, and instead devote what energies I have left to the miraculous. Hopefully we will both have the consolation of still being alive when shit finally hits the fan.

Bad Moon Rising (Remastered 1985) - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                    You are a good man, Bob, and I do wish that I could be more optimistic. But I see no way out, I never have, since I was a child. These days were always coming, and they can only end badly. The general population will never see the dire urgency of our problems. What we see, hear, read is all controlled. There is always, of course, the logical possibility of a miracle. I have long since given up trying to convince mankind of his stupidity, and instead devote what energies I have left to the miraculous. Hopefully we will both have the consolation of still being alive when shit finally hits the fan.

Bad Moon Rising (Remastered 1985) - YouTube
                    There is always music Brad. I love that song. Nobody like John Fogerty

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                      There is always music Brad.
                      It is only music that has allowed me to keep what little sanity I have. Music consoles and nourishes the soul. It a world where we must repress normal emotional release due to the pain that would result otherwise, only music allows us to experience the full, healthy and necessary range of our feelings. This is the one tune that moves me the most:
                      The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed ( At Fillmore East, 1971 ) - YouTube

Comment

• Anthropogenic Positive Climate Change (APCC)

Strategy: Atmospheric Carbon Removal

Europe - Reykjavik, Iceland, Denmark

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...eid=c1a8ffafd2

~ Bob A. (T-S/P)

Comment

• Climate Change

Consequence: Weather Extremes

Heat/Drought

Americas - States of California & Arizona, USA

"Scorching temperatures and desperately dry conditions set the stage for the rapid spread of several explosive wildfires that erupted over the weekend, forcing evacuations in California and Arizona."

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/26355...B6wva&hl=en_US

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

Week # 24 (22/6/8 – 14)

Weekly Stats:

....................................................2022 Average.......................................................................... 2022 Average

.............................Last Week's.....Views/Day.......................................Last Week's.............Responses/Day.

...18...........................24....................49............................1..............................1 ...............................3

Stats Analysis

The activity in the thread last week was a bit lower than the prior week.

It is, and will so remain for a long time, way behind the 2022 Average so far. Being behind the yearly average is understandable since there were many more posts per week in the beginning than now, as everyone had their say. So, as the number of viewers decreases, and then stabilizes, the yearly average comes down only very slowly, given the high initial activity.

Now the activity is directly related to the number of new responses per day.

It is the flagging of the thread by a new response, that brings CT'ers to see what the new information is. The number of responses per week has stabilized to a bit more than 1 every 2nd day. So the number of views has also stabilized, to around 20 views per day.

It is now the case that only a couple of ChessTalker's, besides me, ever make an original climate change response (New information vs responding to a prior response). It is not that something is wrong with ChessTalker's....... we are merely reflecting the priority that society generally is currently giving to the climate change issue......a very low priority!??

But it is too bad. There is lots of climate change information out there. I am making a number of climate change responses per week, to keep everyone up on the latest information I am seeing (I am shooting for a post every 2nd day, but am sometimes falling short on this). But I only run across a small percentage of the information available.

I would encourage other ChessTalk'ers to respond as well with original material. As I have said, both society, and ChessTalker's need to raise climate change on their list of priorities on which to spend time. Post any climate change items of interest that you come across, to share the newest information. Also, my posting time is more limited in the Spring/Summer/Fall. So I may only make a couple of original responses per week.

The last report of the UN Climate Change Panel clearly stated that the window of opportunity to save ourselves is fast closing. Capping the temperature rise at only 1.5 degrees Celsius is now impossible. It noted that current government deadlines were totally insufficient to solve the problem. CO 2 must be capped by 2025! And for the first time, CO 2 “removal” has now become a necessary part of the solution. We require more than just our plant friends.

~ Bob (T-S/P)

Comment

• NOTE to Administrator:

Though 3 responses have been made in this thread since Saturday, June 11, the response counter is not recording them.

It has shown just 460 responses since that Saturday, day after day.

Thanks.

Bob - Thread originator

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                                NOTE to Administrator:

Though 3 responses have been made in this thread since Saturday, June 11, the response counter is not recording them.

It has shown just 460 responses since that Saturday, day after day.

Thanks.

Bob - Thread originator
                                Good morning Bob.

It may be that the response counter doesn't consider back to back posts by the same person as responses. :)
                                Let's see if my jumping in helps.

Although we don't have any grand new ideas on climate change, the Jan 6 hearings maybe are helping out.
                                The third session was supposed to be today, but I understand it has been moved to tomorrow.

The first two sessions have been excellent and are really focusing on Trump as the ring leader in the attempted coup.
                                Hopefully some of the Trump base will begin to realize all his BS is just BS.

As a result, hopefully they will also begin to realize their opposition to climate change action is also BS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzZx...el=PBSNewsHour

Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Wednesday, 15th June, 2022, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X