Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    The next Climate change conference is coming soon.
    COP 27 - Egypt, starts November 7, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hop...=greenvloggers

An opportunity for thousands of climate lovers to burn tons of fuel to go see the pyramids, in the name of COP 27, even though it would just be as (un)productive if they hold a virtual meeting...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

An opportunity for thousands of climate lovers to burn tons of fuel to go see the pyramids, in the name of COP 27, even though it would just be as (un)productive if they hold a virtual meeting...
      I am hopeful for a productive conference, and yes I hope all the participants allow themselves time for sightseeing and recreation. Meeting in person will help build those personal connections necessary to combat the attacks from those who prefer to bury their heads in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong or that nothing can be done.

They have my blessing if this means a temporary increase in their carbon foot prints.
      Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Wednesday, 21st September, 2022, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I am hopeful for a productive conference, and yes I hope all the participants allow themselves time for sightseeing and recreation. Meeting in person will help build those personal connections necessary to combat the attacks from those who prefer to bury their heads in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong or that nothing can be done.

They have my blessing if this means a temporary increase in their carbon foot prints.
        Yeah, let's send them sight-seeing (even though there are not a lot of trees in the Egyptian desert to hug), at taxpayers' expense, so that they also produce counter-productive recommendations which would make the fuel industry spend even more money bribing the politicians not to enforce those recommendations...
        Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Wednesday, 21st September, 2022, 05:45 PM.

Comment

You would think Martha's Vineyard would be an example of the difference between how elites think we should live versus how they actually want to live, but the useful idiots will continue to be useful idiots.
          "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• ChessTalk Negative Anthropogenic Climate Change (NACC) Thread

Week # 38 (22/9/13 – 22/9/19 – 7 days)

Weekly Stats:
            .....................................................2022 Average..........................................................2022 Average
            Last Week's......Prior Week's........Views/Day..........Last Week's.....Prior Week's......Responses/Day
            Views/Day........Views/Day.............(37 wks.)........Responses/Day....Resp./Day......... (37 wks.).

...45..........................66..........................50........................2....................6......................3.........

Analysis of Last Weeks Stats

The bottom line is that activity has generally been increasing throughout 2022......this last week, however, has been slightly behind the 2022 Average.

Climate Change Thread “Responses”

There are lots of climate change articles out there.

This thread encourages CT'ers to re-post here as responses the climate change posts of interest they see elsewhere. Overall, ChessTalker's have been quite active here in posting “responses”.

I personally, as the thread originator, am trying to post a new response at least every 2nd day, but admit my busy schedule means I am sometimes falling short on this. So it is great that a number of other CT'ers are posting responses here somewhat regularly.

The Pressing Climate Change Issue

The core issue:

Building a sense of URGENCY on this issue in society. We must realize that we cannot kick it down the road any longer!

The public is aware of the climate change issue.......

BUT.....

climate activists must find strategies to “AWAKEN” the public to the “urgency”.

It is expected, though somewhat disheartening, to see the issues of the day climb immediately to the top of the public's agenda, with climate change being sometimes substantially downgraded in importance. We will all pay for this.........

The Time Line

Nature's Tipping point is estimated to be, on current trajectory, only 9 years away (Around Jan. 1, 2031). Capping the temperature rise at only 1.5 degrees Celsius (the original international target) is now impossible (UN Climate Change Panel's most recent report). UNCCP noted that current government deadlines were totally insufficient to solve the problem. CO 2 must be capped by 2025! And for the first time, CO 2 “removal” has now become a necessary part of the solution, along with eliminating spewing of greenhouse gases into our atmosphere by human activity.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ClimateChange2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	221868
            Our window of opportunity is fast closing.

The Large Picture Solutions

Can we come up with at least one viable suggestion of some impressive, radical thing that might wake up the public, that we could then put out there to other concerned climate activists?

CT'ers' Local Actions on Climate Change

You can do something! When you like one of this thread's links on an aspect of climate change, spread the news by posting it to your social media accounts and other Websites/Discussion Boards you participate in!

~ Bob (T-S/P)

Comment

• Facebook Post by Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada / Parti marxiste-léniniste du Canada - 22/9/22

September 23 Climate Strike Actions
              All Together for Climate Justice!
              Events: https://cpcml.ca/cpcmlarticle2209071206/

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                Facebook Post by Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada / Parti marxiste-léniniste du Canada - 22/9/22

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                All Together for Climate Justice!"
                Do you mean "All Together For Climate Genocide"?. The WEF is already talking about climate lockdowns!

https://twitter.com/ChristosKeeps6/s...45135841918977

https://twitter.com/VoCommunism/stat...97973753774080

Fuck Democratic Marxism and Fuck the Horse it has ridden in on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

Do you mean "All Together For Climate Genocide"?. The WEF is already talking about climate lockdowns!

Fuck Democratic Marxism and Fuck the Horse it has ridden in on!
                  Well, that just doesn't seem very friendly at all.

If one of the sites was close to me, I would likely drop by out of curiosity at least.
                  I hope the focus would be on climate change and not on Marxist Leninist philosophy, but you should expect a little I guess.

I am looking forward to the debates at COP27 in Egypt.
                  Even the debate on chesstalk if everyone could remain civil.

Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Thursday, 22nd September, 2022, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                    Facebook Post by Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada / Parti marxiste-léniniste du Canada - 22/9/22

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Thanks for the hilarious link, Bob A. ... LOOL!

That header image says it all if one bothers to look at the details.

https://cpcml.ca/images/Environment/...-Climat-01.jpg

I love that incredibly pathetic homemade sign ... the one with the red text on white stock, ha! That first cap S in the word HUMANISONS is upside down and flipped horizontally ... oopzy oops!

Hopefully your Sign-Making event coming up in B.C. won't be held at another injection site.

But that cap S is simply pathetic ... sooo fitting.

So too is the skewed vision of Communist Party of Canada a.k.a. the Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada, ha!

Comment

If one of the sites was close to me, I would likely drop by out of curiosity at least.
                      I hope the focus would be on climate change and not on Marxist Leninist philosophy, but you should expect a little I guess.

I am looking forward to the debates at COP27 in Egypt.
                      Even the debate on chesstalk if everyone could remain civil.

Name:	great reset Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 4.42.52 PM.png
Views:	19
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	221880

Comment

• Hi Sid, love the poster. The Great Reset, "You will own nothing, and you will be happy"
                        I recognize Soros and Gates, but who are the other 3 people in the middle?

Anyway, I keep hearing this term "The Great Reset" but I am not that familiar with the term.
                        So, I You tubed it and found many videos to pick from.

I settled on The Great reset for Dummies as a good place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3TE...=ClearValueTax

I think I pretty much agree with what he says.

Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Thursday, 22nd September, 2022, 05:36 PM.

Comment

... if everyone could remain civil.

Is it friendly and civil (or is it simply obnoxious) to advocate big-time robbery (aka direct taxation) from individuals who manage to build a small fortune with foresight, hard work and smartness?
                          Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Thursday, 22nd September, 2022, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Is it friendly and civil (or is it simply obnoxious) to advocate big-time robbery (aka taxation) from individuals who manage to build a small fortune with foresight, hard work and smartness?
                            Governance specifically directed at economics isn't about being friendly or civil, but about ensuring the long-term health of the economy.

As you recall Dilip, Bob G's taxation idea is to tax net wealth over $1 billion at extremely high rates, close to or even equal to 100%. So Bob G's definition of "small fortune" is $1 Billion.

What is your definition, Dilip? You have to define your terms.

And I for one do believe this idea would make for a healthier economy. Dilip, in post #767 of this thread, you complained that "the common man/woman all over the world is suffering much more from the few climate-friendly steps various governments have already taken". So presumably you care about the "common" men and women.

You also talk about individuals being able to build a small fortune. So you must care about those who are still in the process of doing that, and whose net worth now is significantly less that $1 Billion.

So it seems to me, logically, that you should support Bob G.'s idea, because more of the tax burden is at the top end of the scale, where small fortunes have already been made, This could make it possible for those who are still building their small fortune -- the people you seem to care about, Dilip (LOL because most of us know better who you really care about) -- to be more successful, because they are shouldering less of the tax burden. This does assume, of course, that Bob G's idea, once implemented, would reduce some taxes on the lower end of the income and wealth scale. I'm assuming Bob G's idea would include that.

So would you, Dilip, rather have say
                            - 100 people worth over say $10 billion and paying virtually nothin in taxes, and 37 million people paying half their annual income in taxes,
                            or
                            - say 2,000 people worth over $1 billion and paying substantial taxes on their wealth beyond that figure and still 37 million people paying SUBSTANTIALLY LESS in taxes?

If you prefer the 2nd option, which you should, then you should be in favor of Bob G's taxation idea.
                            Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Thursday, 22nd September, 2022, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Hi Sid, love the poster. The Great Reset, "You will own nothing, and you will be happy"
                              I recognize Soros and Gates, but who are the other 3 people in the middle?

Anyway, I keep hearing this term "The Great Reset" but I am not that familiar with the term.
                              So, I You tubed it and found many videos to pick from.

I settled on The Great reset for Dummies as a good place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3TE...=ClearValueTax

I think I pretty much agree with what he says.

Even better idea!

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 1.00.07 AM.png
Views:	15
Size:	682.4 KB
ID:	221886

Comment

• Negative Anthropogenic Climate Change (NACC)

Messaging "URGENCY"

"Quebec marching toward a climate crossroads! (Demonstration TODAY, Fri., Sept. 23)

Thousands of Montrealer's will gather on Friday at the Sir George-Étienne Cartier monument with a desperate plea for political leaders"......immediate action is required.

https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/...G_HeadlineNews

Added: Video of Demonstration:
                                https://www.facebook.com/MLPCPMLC/po...page&ref=notif

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
                                Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Friday, 23rd September, 2022, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X