X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilip Panjwani
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

I'm trying to figure this out. For those who may be reading but who aren't aware, you're referring to Dottie Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum has an extensive background in dealing with food insecurity issues, among other things, from long before Biden became President. She's probably a great person to have in her current position. So when you denigrate her by calling her a Biden stooge, are you doing that because you have a personal objection to Rosenbaum? Or is this a more generalized objection to appointees; e.g. Trump's appointees were all Trump stooges to you?
    Peter,
    She did not explain what exactly and why the GOP were suggesting.... just went on rambling numbers without any reference to the potential benefit to society by eliminating those who abused the system, from free stuff paid for by hard working others...

Leave a comment:

• Peter McKillop
    replied
    Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post
    And your so-called reference is only political BS written by a Biden stooge who has vested interests in SNAP....
    I'm trying to figure this out. For those who may be reading but who aren't aware, you're referring to Dottie Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum has an extensive background in dealing with food insecurity issues, among other things, from long before Biden became President. She's probably a great person to have in her current position. So when you denigrate her by calling her a Biden stooge, are you doing that because you have a personal objection to Rosenbaum? Or is this a more generalized objection to appointees; e.g. Trump's appointees were all Trump stooges to you?

Leave a comment:

• Sid Belzberg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

I should have specified, I am referring to FOR PROFIT corporations. Charitable and not-for-profit companies don't count in this debate unless you and Dilip are going to argue (LOL) that Libertarianism will have all corporations be charitable or not-for-profit! LOL LOL LOL

FOR PROFIT corporations are what I'm referring to .... and in the case of frozen meat from Loblaws and Walmart, I see it is labelled as "rescued" ... from what, the dumpsters out back? Is that what the the food banks are doing now, dumpster diving?

LOL LOL LOL

Sounds a lot to me like Loblaws and Walmart are not doing anything special, just giving away meat that should be thrown out, forcing hungry families to eat foods that are possibly dangerous to their health!

Welcome to Libertarianism!!!! (choke, gag) For the poor, dumpster diving finds are our specials of the day!

You can label me and anyone else a communist, but you are far worse .... A NEFARIOUS HYPOCRITE! LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH, PRETENDING TO CARE ABOUT EVERYDAY CITIZENS! All BS!!!!!

This is interesting because just 2 weeks ago I caught my local Sobeys selling brand name cheese that was 4 MONTHS PAST ITS EXPIRY DATE.... see pic below that I took in the store and presented to the manager. This is not the first time this has happened.

Yes folks, the Sobeys and Loblaws and Zehrs and Walmarts are so fucking focused on profits they will sell you food that can make you sick!!!

This must be the foods they are "rescuing" to give to the food banks! I'd say LOL but this is NOT funny.

Pic taken 2 weeks ago, so mid-November, expiry date for the cheese is July 15 2023....

And it wasn't just this one box, there were about 6 of them with the same expiry date.

And this has happened before, I am now threatening to expose this news to the media....

The pic is in my phone with the date it was taken.

By the way, I will also add that Sobey's and probably all the others have food bank bins at the front of their stores for people to donate food ... that is, to first BUY THE FOOD then put in in the food bank bins. THIS is likely the food that these stores "donate" ... it is BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY CUSTOMERS AND DONATED BY CUSTOMERS. I know, I've donated this way myself the past few years.

I wonder if Sid Belzberg or Dilip have donated as much as a stale donut that the birds wouldn't eat!

The fact that these stores would then take credit for these donations is reprehensible! In addition to the "rescuing" of expired food that they can't sell.

Click image for larger version Name:	Sobeys_Selling_Cheese_4_months_past_Expiry_Date_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.8 KB ID:	230615
    The criticism suggesting that the Calgary Food Bank's efforts in acquiring frozen meat from Loblaws and Walmart is akin to "dumpster diving" is not only unfounded but also undermines the importance and integrity of food rescue initiatives. These comments display a lack of understanding about how food rescue operations work and the strict standards of food safety and quality they adhere to.

Firstly, it's crucial to understand that "rescued food" refers to food items that are perfectly edible and nutritious but might not be sold due to various reasons such as overstock, nearing sell-by dates, or minor packaging flaws. This is far from being waste or unfit for consumption. The food banks' collaboration with retail stores involves a systematic and dignified process of collecting and distributing these items, ensuring they meet all safety and health regulations.

Labeling such important work as "dumpster diving" is not only disrespectful but also ignores the positive impact these efforts have on communities. Food banks, through their partnerships with corporations, play a crucial role in reducing food waste and addressing hunger. They ensure that surplus food reaches those in need, rather than going to waste. Criticizing these efforts without understanding their significance or operational procedures is both unfair and counterproductive.

Moreover, this viewpoint overlooks the broader issue of food insecurity and how collaborations between food banks and for-profit corporations can be a part of the solution. Such partnerships are essential in creating a sustainable model where surplus food is used effectively to support those in need, rather than contributing to the growing problem of food waste.

In summary, the efforts of the Calgary Food Bank and their corporate partners in rescuing and distributing food should be applauded, not belittled. Their work is a testament to community collaboration and responsible resource management, aiming to address the pressing issues of hunger and food waste.

Leave a comment:

• Dilip Panjwani
    replied
    Pargat,
    Personal attacks and insults at those who disagree with you is what trolls and those who aspire to be bullies do. So listen to the advise Newsom gave to DeSantis in their recent debate and stop demeaning personal attacks on others.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wat...d-ron-desantis
    Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Saturday, 2nd December, 2023, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pargat Perrer
    replied
    Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

Fuck off you ignorant lying troll
    The last refuge of the scoundrel.... Dilip and Sid, the twin scoundrels who just need a third and there can be a new Three Stooges. Any Libertarians want to join them?

Leave a comment:

• Pargat Perrer
    replied
    I presented you with an example of how corporations are huge supporters of the food bank in Canada. In fact the federal Govt in 2022 only accounted for 20% of the budget of around 155 million dollars and almost all of of that was in non food products like feminine hygiene products as per your article.
    Here is a significant example of how corporations did for the Food Bank of Canada

“In 2021, the Calgary Food Bank rescued over 640,000 lbs. of food from Loblaws and Walmart stores in Calgary. We’ve received everything from crackers to yogurt to juice, but most importantly, frozen meat! Meat rescued from retail stores is one of our most consistent sources of protein for our emergency hampers. Every person who comes to the food bank for an emergency hamper gets seven to 10 days’ worth of nutritious food for every member of their family. The food that we rescue from retailers like Loblaw and Walmart ensures that people who are facing food insecurity no longer have to worry about where their next meal is coming from. With their generous support, we will be able to continue feeding our community for weeks and months to come.”
    – Avaleen Streeton, Food Coordinator, Calgary Food Bank

https://foodbankscanada.ca/how-you-c...ood-donations/
    I should have specified, I am referring to FOR PROFIT corporations. Charitable and not-for-profit companies don't count in this debate unless you and Dilip are going to argue (LOL) that Libertarianism will have all corporations be charitable or not-for-profit! LOL LOL LOL

FOR PROFIT corporations are what I'm referring to .... and in the case of frozen meat from Loblaws and Walmart, I see it is labelled as "rescued" ... from what, the dumpsters out back? Is that what the the food banks are doing now, dumpster diving?

LOL LOL LOL

Sounds a lot to me like Loblaws and Walmart are not doing anything special, just giving away meat that should be thrown out, forcing hungry families to eat foods that are possibly dangerous to their health!

Welcome to Libertarianism!!!! (choke, gag) For the poor, dumpster diving finds are our specials of the day!

You can label me and anyone else a communist, but you are far worse .... A NEFARIOUS HYPOCRITE! LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH, PRETENDING TO CARE ABOUT EVERYDAY CITIZENS! All BS!!!!!

This is interesting because just 2 weeks ago I caught my local Sobeys selling brand name cheese that was 4 MONTHS PAST ITS EXPIRY DATE.... see pic below that I took in the store and presented to the manager. This is not the first time this has happened.

Yes folks, the Sobeys and Loblaws and Zehrs and Walmarts are so fucking focused on profits they will sell you food that can make you sick!!!

This must be the foods they are "rescuing" to give to the food banks! I'd say LOL but this is NOT funny.

Pic taken 2 weeks ago, so mid-November, expiry date for the cheese is July 15 2023....

And it wasn't just this one box, there were about 6 of them with the same expiry date.

And this has happened before, I am now threatening to expose this news to the media....

The pic is in my phone with the date it was taken.

By the way, I will also add that Sobey's and probably all the others have food bank bins at the front of their stores for people to donate food ... that is, to first BUY THE FOOD then put in in the food bank bins. THIS is likely the food that these stores "donate" ... it is BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY CUSTOMERS AND DONATED BY CUSTOMERS. I know, I've donated this way myself the past few years.

I wonder if Sid Belzberg or Dilip have donated as much as a stale donut that the birds wouldn't eat!

The fact that these stores would then take credit for these donations is reprehensible! In addition to the "rescuing" of expired food that they can't sell.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sobeys_Selling_Cheese_4_months_past_Expiry_Date_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.8 KB ID:	230615
    Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Saturday, 2nd December, 2023, 04:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sid Belzberg
    replied

"Who cares?" When I listened to Ratcliffe's/Jordan's comments in the link provided by Cartland/YOU, there was only 25 or 30 seconds-worth of info. I didn't hear Ratcliffe say anything about a Secretary of State, or a CDC Director, or a Director of National Intelligence. Where did that information come from?

YOU POSTED THIS SHIT, ASSHOLE. AND YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO ANSWER SOMEONE'S LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS ABOUT INFO THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PROVIDED BY YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE IN ORDER TO FACILITATE THE READER'S UNDERSTANDING??

WHO CARES? OTHER THAN YOUR NUMBER ONE FANBOY, NEIL FRAREY, NAME ME ONE PERSON ON THIS SITE WHO ACCEPTS ANYTHING YOU SAY AT FACE VALUE.

Fuck off you ignorant lying troll
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 1st December, 2023, 02:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peter McKillop
    replied

Who cares listen to the actual videotaped govt hearing in the link. What a brainwashed idiot you are
    "Who cares?" When I listened to Ratcliffe's/Jordan's comments in the link provided by Cartland/YOU, there was only 25 or 30 seconds-worth of info. I didn't hear Ratcliffe say anything about a Secretary of State, or a CDC Director, or a Director of National Intelligence. Where did that information come from?

YOU POSTED THIS SHIT, ASSHOLE. AND YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO ANSWER SOMEONE'S LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS ABOUT INFO THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PROVIDED BY YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE IN ORDER TO FACILITATE THE READER'S UNDERSTANDING??

WHO CARES? OTHER THAN YOUR NUMBER ONE FANBOY, NEIL FRAREY, NAME ME ONE PERSON ON THIS SITE WHO ACCEPTS ANYTHING YOU SAY AT FACE VALUE.

Leave a comment:

• Sid Belzberg
    replied

Your post would have been more informative if you had provided some additional info, e.g.:
    - who is Dr. Cartland? i.e. why should we believe anything he says?
    - what committee is Ratcliffe testifying before and what was the date of his testimony? (Cartland's tweet was dated Nov 27, are we supposed to assume Ratcliffe's testimony was on that date?)
    - according to Cartland, Ratcliffe referred to the Director of National Intelligence in his comments; was he referring to himself in the third person or is there another Director of National Intelligence involved?
    - what is the name of the Secretary of State to whom Cartland refers?
    - what is the name of the CDC Director to whom Cartland refers?
    who is Dr. Cartland?
    Who cares listen to the actual videotaped govt hearing in the link. What a brainwashed idiot you are

Leave a comment:

• Sid Belzberg
    replied

I AM THE ONE who brought up federal food aid, and I AM THE ONE who talked about SNAP in the USA, and then Sid says I don't know what's what because BLAH BLAH BLAH IN CANADA!

LOL you and Sid just need one more to make a new Three Stooges!

Dilip, why don't you just come out and say what's REALLY on your mind?

You want anyone who smokes cannabis or is on unemployment or has low income and relies on welfare or government aid of any kind... TO JUST GO INTO THE WOODS AND DIE.

YOU WANT THEM ALL DEAD. Starvation is as good a means as any to you.

At least Sid pretends he cares about people starving or having their rights violated ... LOL He doesn't give a flying shit unless it is due to climate change measures or covid vaccine policies.

You, Dilip, don't even pretend to care. I really don't know who is worse, you or Sid.

And NO you liar, the GOP is only worried about CUTTING THE PROGRAM, and doesn't give a shit who suffers as a consequence. You can read about it right here, because I always give references, unlike you who ALWAYS posts BS without any supporting documentation.

https://www.cbpp.org/blog/house-repu...ion-low-income
    I AM THE ONE who brought up federal food aid, and I AM THE ONE who talked about SNAP in the USA, and then Sid says I don't know what's what because BLAH BLAH BLAH IN CANADA
    You also made this statement that you conveniently omit

No public corporation would fund something like the U.S. Federal government's SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). SNAP provides food benefits to low-income families to supplement their grocery budget and support their health and well-being. Would a private corporation even CARE about such a thing? Not on your life, what profit could there be?
    I presented you with an example of how corporations are huge supporters of the food bank in Canada. In fact the federal Govt in 2022 only accounted for 20% of the budget of around 155 million dollars and almost all of of that was in non food products like feminine hygiene products as per your article.
    Here is a significant example of how corporations did for the Food Bank of Canada

“In 2021, the Calgary Food Bank rescued over 640,000 lbs. of food from Loblaws and Walmart stores in Calgary. We’ve received everything from crackers to yogurt to juice, but most importantly, frozen meat! Meat rescued from retail stores is one of our most consistent sources of protein for our emergency hampers. Every person who comes to the food bank for an emergency hamper gets seven to 10 days’ worth of nutritious food for every member of their family. The food that we rescue from retailers like Loblaw and Walmart ensures that people who are facing food insecurity no longer have to worry about where their next meal is coming from. With their generous support, we will be able to continue feeding our community for weeks and months to come.”
    – Avaleen Streeton, Food Coordinator, Calgary Food Bank

https://foodbankscanada.ca/how-you-c...ood-donations/

As I stated if we left it up to the government 5% of Canadians would starve!

Meanwhile, your beloved SNAP program in the US has had horrible fraud and abuse problems stealing from the poorest segment of society. Of course
    what can we expect from a CCP controlled President who received billions through his son from China

https://apnews.com/article/mississip...cuments%20show.

Originally posted by Paragat}At least Sid [B
    pretends [/B]he cares about people starving or having their rights violated
    What a pathetic lie, you filthy communist.
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 1st December, 2023, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peter McKillop
    replied
    Your post would have been more informative if you had provided some additional info, e.g.:
    - who is Dr. Cartland? i.e. why should we believe anything he says?
    - what committee is Ratcliffe testifying before and what was the date of his testimony? (Cartland's tweet was dated Nov 27, are we supposed to assume Ratcliffe's testimony was on that date?)
    - according to Cartland, Ratcliffe referred to the Director of National Intelligence in his comments; was he referring to himself in the third person or is there another Director of National Intelligence involved?
    - what is the name of the Secretary of State to whom Cartland refers?
    - what is the name of the CDC Director to whom Cartland refers?

Leave a comment:

• Dilip Panjwani
    replied

I AM THE ONE who brought up federal food aid, and I AM THE ONE who talked about SNAP in the USA, and then Sid says I don't know what's what because BLAH BLAH BLAH IN CANADA!

You want anyone who smokes cannabis or is on unemployment or has low income and relies on welfare or government aid of any kind... TO JUST GO INTO THE WOODS AND DIE.

At least Sid pretends he cares about people starving or having their rights violated ... LOL He doesn't give a flying shit unless it is due to climate change measures or covid vaccine policies.

You, Dilip, don't even pretend to care. I really don't know who is worse, you or Sid.

And NO you liar, the GOP is only worried about CUTTING THE PROGRAM, and doesn't give a shit who suffers as a consequence. You can read about it right here, because I always give references, unlike you who ALWAYS posts BS without any supporting documentation.

You just proved once again what a nasty troll you are: when you cannot face the truth, you resort to putting lies in others' mouths.
    And your so-called reference is only political BS written by a Biden stooge who has vested interests in SNAP....

Leave a comment:

• Pargat Perrer
    replied
    As usual, you want to argue without having the ability to understand. Sid clearly mentioned he was referring to the Canadian program.

And you fail to understand that the GOPs suggestions for SNAP improvement are simply to ensure that those able-bodied who deliberately prefer to idle away (probably smoking Cannabis while doing so) do not abuse SNAP paid for by hard working Americans...

Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Friday, 1st December, 2023, 03:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dilip Panjwani
    replied

As usual, Paragat, you are talking out of your asshole. In Canada, food banks are privately funded, and almost two million Canadians now rely on them up an astounding 78% from 2019.
    That is 5% of Canadians (!). What fucking dream world do you live in to think that Governments are so benevolent? The Inquiry Canada Report has released its final report today. It is more than 5000 pages showing that covid was a mass gov assault against people, causing death and injury via irresponsible, reckless, and anti-scientific forced policy .https://nationalcitizensinquiry.ca/c...ioners-report/. Between this and Carbon Taxes for a non existent climate emergency the Government is responsible for mass democide and now starving its own citizens if not for privately funded food banks.
    And Sid, since time immemorial, friends, families, well-wishers, churches and charitable organizations have been appropriately and cost-effectively supporting the needy and enabling them to become self-sufficient, till everything started falling apart when the government stepped in and said: I'm from the government, and I'm here to help!

Leave a comment:

• Dilip Panjwani
    replied

And as usual Sid, you don't even bother to read what others write. I wasn't referring to Canada, SNAP is a U.S. federal government program. You live in the U.S., don't you? That' s the "dream world" where government is so benevolent, maybe you should learn about it before you post nonsense. And then read how the GOP wants to eliminate or drastically reduce SNAP.

Really, you are worried about starving kids? What are you doing against the GOP agenda to starve kids in USA?

And even in Canada, the federal government is involved in food bank funding (although admittedly maybe not enough), maybe you should read these:

https://www.canada.ca/en/agriculture...ture-fund.html

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...pilot-program/

And finally, even when you mention "privately funded" what we are really talking about is non-profits and charitable organizations. So in essence the money is mostly coming from donations from residents. If a corporation makes a donation, they are sure to let the public know about it FOR MARKETING PURPOSES.

It's almost Christmas, Sid, maybe you should read A Christmas Carol again .... or for the first time. You know, you remind you of the normal mindset of business owners.
    As usual, you want to argue without having the ability to understand. Sid clearly mentioned he was referring to the Canadian program. And you fail to understand that the GOPs suggestions for SNAP improvement are simply to ensure that those able-bodied who deliberately prefer to idle away (probably smoking Cannabis while doing so) do not abuse SNAP paid for by hard working Americans...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X