Can Biden win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone see Fareed Zakaria's show today.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBgw...ab_channel=CNN

So, this puts a whole new complexion on the Presidential race.

My analysis shows Biden should collect 233 electoral college votes from blue states.
    So he needs another 37 votes to win.

There are 7 battleground states where he currently leads.

Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin,
    total of 119 votes. Win them all and it is a landslide Biden win with 352 votes.

However, these 7 states have Republican legislatures.
    They could simply reject the election results and pick Trump.

Result: Trump gets crushed in the actual election results, but is President for 4 more years anyway.

And this is what passes as Democracy in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
      When I was very little my grandparents didn't have an easy way to get to the voting booth. I don't know if this is still a thing, but the two main parties back then offered rides to the polls. My grandfather used to call up the other party (the one he wasn't voting for) and have them take my grandparents to the polls.
      I just love that old school slyness lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Don't despair, Bob.

After all it was a Democrat that coined the phrase "Vote early and vote often."

Ha!

Comment

Did anyone see Fareed Zakaria's show today.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBgw...ab_channel=CNN

So, this puts a whole new complexion on the Presidential race.

My analysis shows Biden should collect 233 electoral college votes from blue states.
          So he needs another 37 votes to win.

There are 7 battleground states where he currently leads.

Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin,
          total of 119 votes. Win them all and it is a landslide Biden win with 352 votes.

However, these 7 states have Republican legislatures.
          They could simply reject the election results and pick Trump.

Result: Trump gets crushed in the actual election results, but is President for 4 more years anyway.

If those 7 states as you say "reject the election results and pick Trump" won't they have to prove in federal court that the election results have been corrupted by fraud? They surely can't just unilaterally declare the results void on no grounds whatsoever. So the onus would be on them (the 7 state legislatures) to prove that fraud was so rampant it shifted the result away from Trump. I can't imagine that actually being proven in all 7 states, let alone even 1 of them.

Nevertheless your final statement calling into question the notion of "Democracy" in the USA is pertinent. Gerrymandering plus the Electoral College proves that democracy as a concept isn't fully realized in America and may never be. Not sure that Canada is any better really, but however you want to slice and dice it, "the people" are the losers as they always have been and always will be in this world.

Comment

The fines you speak of were simply just another voter suppression tactic used by Republicans in Florida, clearly not in the spirit of the new law.
            Helping somebody pay there bills is clearly not illegal.
            If I pay your bus fair to help you get to the poll, legal.
            If I pay you $10 to vote a certain way, illegal. But since it is secret ballot, how do you enforce such an arrangement?
            Actually it is illegal according to Florida law. I expect Bloomberg or his organization will be charged. Surely he wasn't dumb enough to leave his own fingerprints on the transactions. Even more amusing is if the felon is on parole it could even send them back to prison and lose them the vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

If those 7 states as you say "reject the election results and pick Trump" won't they have to prove in federal court that the election results have been corrupted by fraud? They surely can't just unilaterally declare the results void on no grounds whatsoever. So the onus would be on them (the 7 state legislatures) to prove that fraud was so rampant it shifted the result away from Trump. I can't imagine that actually being proven in all 7 states, let alone even 1 of them.

Nevertheless your final statement calling into question the notion of "Democracy" in the USA is pertinent. Gerrymandering plus the Electoral College proves that democracy as a concept isn't fully realized in America and may never be. Not sure that Canada is any better really, but however you want to slice and dice it, "the people" are the losers as they always have been and always will be in this world.

Some interesting reading...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/polit...al%20elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

I don’t know whether or not they would need to go to court, or if they can simply overturn the results and accept the political backlash. And they would not need to flip all 7, just 4 or 5 depending upon which states they are. Hopefully, a big Biden win in any particular state would inoculate that state. And of course, each state has a legislature with its own dynamics. Way too many variables to even consider forecasting. So instead of trying to forecast it, I am stocking up on alcohol tomorrow for the next 36 days. We’ll consider further medication come election day and beyond.

Just kidding of course, but ever since I saw a political ad from Bernie Sanders several years ago and Trump descending the escalator, I have been on a journey of discovery of US politics. Like watching a train wreck, you can’t turn away. I am continuously being surprised as too just how screwed up the USA political, economic, and social systems are. I like to believe we are better in Canada, but we do have our own skeletons and much work to be done. Perhaps it is the journey and not the destination that is important.

And yes Virginia, Dr Pepper mixes well with Rye. Good night.

Comment

Here's a way Biden can win:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWK5...ProjectVeritas
                  "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

Actually it is illegal according to Florida law. I expect Bloomberg or his organization will be charged. Surely he wasn't dumb enough to leave his own fingerprints on the transactions. Even more amusing is if the felon is on parole it could even send them back to prison and lose them the vote.
                    That fact that the people of the state of Florida clearly voted to allow felons to vote and the Republicans passed an additional law to prevent them from voting tells you everything you need to know about Republicans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                      Thanks Tom :))))

WOW ... simply ... WOW!!!

Anyone who doesn't watch that video has either been beaten down all their life ... or ... they have no soul.

Amazing capture!!!

@ 8:52

DFL ... Minnesota Democratic Farmer Labor Party

Illegal Democratic ballot harvesting ... hiding in plain sight!!!

Comment

• Not hidden anymore. Ilhan Omar married her brother in an immigration fraud scheme. She came to the U.S. under a false identity. Stealing the ballots from old people seems par for the course.

Comment

• More bad news for Biden in Pennsylvania in a decision by the state supreme court. Mail in ballots that don't follow proper procedures will be destroyed and not counted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post

That fact that the people of the state of Florida clearly voted to allow felons to vote and the Republicans passed an additional law to prevent them from voting tells you everything you need to know about Republicans.
                            Discharged felons. Meaning served their sentence and paid their fines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

Discharged felons. Meaning served their sentence and paid their fines.
                              That was not question on the ballot. Here is the text:

No. 4 Constitutional Amendment Article VI, Section 4. Voting Restoration Amendment This amendment restores the voting rights of Floridians with felony convictions after they complete all terms of their sentence including parole or probation. The amendment would not apply to those convicted of murder or sexual offenses, who would continue to be permanently barred from voting unless the Governor and Cabinet vote to restore their voting rights on a case by case basis.

If it was, there would have been no need to have republicans pass the additional law.

Additionally, since the records of what is owed by individual felons is seriously flawed, it is just another power grab. Only republicans pull this crap because they are devoid of morals and a platform.

10% of adults in Florida are unable to vote (1.7 million voters) and they wanted to keep them from voting. And to be clear, 64.55% of Floridians supported the initiative.

Republicans are complete garbage. To quote George Will, a principled conservative that left the party, if they didn't have situational morals, they would have none at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Thanks Tom :))))

WOW ... simply ... WOW!!!

Anyone who doesn't watch that video has either been beaten down all their life ... or ... they have no soul.

Amazing capture!!!

@ 8:52

DFL ... Minnesota Democratic Farmer Labor Party

Illegal Democratic ballot harvesting ... hiding in plain sight!!!
                                You might find the next part interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV7o...ProjectVeritas

They appear to already be giving cash for votes. Personally, I think it should be legal. But at the moment it's a pretty serious crime.
                                "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X